Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby only me » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Get Lozzano from Mexico unload the rest of the fringe strikers in our squad  ,make a bid for Son from Spurs and that's our attack sorted.
Keeper must be a priority this isn't a joke ,Get Schmeikel if we can't get a recognized top KG..
This Mina lad from Columbia also looks like a good option as CB..
Finish with Paqueta from Flamengo for extra creativity and move on to win all the trophies.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Son would be awesome he would be like Klopps Kagawa however can't see Spurs selling to their rivals.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:15 am

Unusual link to Croatian centre back Domagoj Vida from Besiktas.

At 29 he doesnt feel like a Liverpool signing but maybe they feel he can do a job as cover and can play different positions.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:45 pm

parchpea » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 am wrote:Unusual link to Croatian centre back Domagoj Vida from Besiktas.

At 29 he doesnt feel like a Liverpool signing but maybe they feel he can do a job as cover and can play different positions.

This lad looks like he double jobs between footie and killing Orcs in middle earth  :Oo:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Julian Brandt. Yes please.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:37 pm

redshade » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:26 pm wrote:Son would be awesome he would be like Klopps Kagawa however can't see Spurs selling to their rivals.

Yup no chance of them selling to us. Maybe before this coming season we could have offered their players better wages but with them moving to a new stadium, they can start paying their players the going rate just like they did with Kane so makes it incredibly difficult buying anyone off them.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Thing is you can't even buy a squad player for under £40m these days so you have to spend money wisely. No way would spurs let Son go for under £50m and is he better than Mane or Salah? I think if you're spending that kinda money you need players that that can make the first 11 otherwise just let the young players have a chance. I think Wilson definatly looks like he's ready for a chance this year.

Same with that Barcelona keeper Cillesen .. Barca paid 17m for him and he's made 2 appearances in 2 years and now they're demanding £35m.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 am

Alisson or Oblak - Pay whatever we need to (see Van Dijk)

Outisde that, we only really need 2 players as backup to the front 3 (assuming we keep one of Origi, Solanke, Wilson, etc.)
My suggestion would be Lozano from Mexico, a cheaper alternative might be Pione Sisto. Son would be perfect but I dont think they'd sell. Fekir also a great option but doesnt seem too likely. Shaqiri wouldnt hurt but I'm not sure he has the potential to be a game changer.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Not really getting all the hype with Allison to be honest. Much rather Oblak
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Doeboy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:33 pm wrote:Not really getting all the hype with Allison to be honest.

:nod

Totally agree, on what I've seen of him I think the money being attached to his name is a fking joke.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:55 pm

So it turns out Man United have decided to not make a offer for Fekir (suprise suprise) which leave the door open for us. Im so over these games the Lyon President is playing.. I really want Fekir but id prefer it if we just walk away and have nothing to do with Lyon ever again.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:58 pm

We've only been credibly linked to Alisson, Fekir and Shaqiri. The rest is just speculation. The club are clearly doing their best to keep things under wraps and I wouldn't be surprised to see another bolt from the blue like Fabinho.
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:33 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:55 pm wrote:So it turns out Man United have decided to not make a offer for Fekir (suprise suprise) which leave the door open for us. Im so over these games the Lyon President is playing.. I really want Fekir but id prefer it if we just walk away and have nothing to do with Lyon ever again.

Think his heart is set on LFC, but nothing will happen until the World Cup is over. Am confident that he'll sign before the summer is out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:58 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:33 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:55 pm wrote:So it turns out Man United have decided to not make a offer for Fekir (suprise suprise) which leave the door open for us. Im so over these games the Lyon President is playing.. I really want Fekir but id prefer it if we just walk away and have nothing to do with Lyon ever again.

Think his heart is set on LFC, but nothing will happen until the World Cup is over. Am confident that he'll sign before the summer is out.

So am I. I think this will still happen after the world cup, but maybe it will cost us a bit more than the 48-52m deal supposedly agreed.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that if we fail to land a back up for our front three (IE: Shaqiri), why not promote from within and give Ryan Kent a place in our squad for the coming season!? The lad is fearless and not afraid to take players on and can score also. Ings, Solanke and Origi are nowhere near good enough and should be offloaded.

Even a fit Sturridge is a better option than that trio, at least he is intelligent and knows where the goal is. I know he wS injured last Season, but so was Lallana. I personally, would hold onto him and try and get him fit.

Even Harry Wilson might be worth a gamble? He's 21 now, so if he doesn't break into the first team soon, surely he never will,?

Any of the above options is worth considering and would save us a good few ££££ as well.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Doeboy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:33 pm wrote:Not really getting all the hype with Allison to be honest. Much rather Oblak

De Gea, Neuer, and Oblak are the 3 best GKs in the world imo. Allison is in that next bracket and would be a fantastic signing, wherever he goes. Signing a GK should be our priority at the moment.

Another attacking option we should be considering outside Lozano is Zaha. Fits the system and he's a much safer bet than most of the other options.

That said, I expect Fekir and Shaqiri to be the 2 we go for.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill