Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:49 pm

parchpea » Thu May 03, 2018 6:19 pm wrote:Linked to Pulisic again today be surprised if hes not a genuine target, biding our time.

think he needs to look for a striker, a couple for the defence and the GK as priority.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Sat May 05, 2018 9:29 am

Riyad Mahrez withdraws transfer request but Leicester future remains in doubt

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 36341.html
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 05, 2018 9:55 am

bunglemark2 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:49 pm wrote:
parchpea » Thu May 03, 2018 6:19 pm wrote:Linked to Pulisic again today be surprised if hes not a genuine target, biding our time.

think he needs to look for a striker, a couple for the defence and the GK as priority.

Pulisic would be a great signing, we've been very lucky so far (touch wood) that our front 3 have avoided injury, we definately need another player who can slot into our forward line without a significant drop off in quality. Yes Pulisic is young (he's a month older than Trent) but he is a rising star in the game, the lad looks on course to be the next DeBruyne.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 05, 2018 10:55 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:49 pm wrote:

Pulisic would be a great signing, we've been very lucky so far (touch wood) that our front 3 have avoided injury, we definately need another player who can slot into our forward line without a significant drop off in quality. Yes Pulisic is young (he's a month older than Trent) but he is a rising star in the game, the lad looks on course to be the next DeBruyne.

I think we'll need TWO quality forwards for next season; one winger and one out and out striker. Have to think about the two being comfortable being back ups for the time being though.

I wouldn't mind Pulisic, looks like a great prospect, but will also cost a lot I think. I really like Sessegnon from Fulham as well.

Who would you prefer mate?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

I'd prefer Pulisic mate, he looks like he's going to be a star that lad and I think he'd suit our system perfectly, plus week in week out he's been playing at a higher level than Sessegnon.  They are both tremendous prospects though, I'd love us to sign the 2 of them tbh.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 pm wrote:I'd prefer Pulisic mate, he looks like he's going to be a star that lad and I think he'd suit our system perfectly, plus week in week out he's been playing at a higher level than Sessegnon.  They are both tremendous prospects though, I'd love us to sign the 2 of them tbh.

I wouldn't mind both of them either but realistically we need and can afford only one. Like I said I want us to sign two new forwards but I'd like one of them to be an out and out striker. I know it's unrealistic but I'd sign Jamie Vardy (or someone like him). He has everything we need; works hard, presses well, is fast and makes quick decisions. Plus he has the know how and the experience of a poacher, something we don't have in our team at the moment. I know he's 31 but I think he has at least 2-3 good seasons in him. His experience will just be a bonus.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:52 pm

damjan193 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 pm wrote:I'd prefer Pulisic mate, he looks like he's going to be a star that lad and I think he'd suit our system perfectly, plus week in week out he's been playing at a higher level than Sessegnon.  They are both tremendous prospects though, I'd love us to sign the 2 of them tbh.

I wouldn't mind both of them either but realistically we need and can afford only one. Like I said I want us to sign two new forwards but I'd like one of them to be an out and out striker. I know it's unrealistic but I'd sign Jamie Vardy (or someone like him). He has everything we need; works hard, presses well, is fast and makes quick decisions. Plus he has the know how and the experience of a poacher, something we don't have in our team at the moment. I know he's 31 but I think he has at least 2-3 good seasons in him. His experience will just be a bonus.

On the grounds that he is an utter pikey, no to Vardy
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 05, 2018 6:01 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:52 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:37 pm wrote:

On the grounds that he is an utter pikey, no to Vardy

:laugh:

Laughs aside, two seasons ago would have been the time to bid for Vardy. For all his qualities, anticipation, determination, finishing etc IMO the foundation of his game is built on a quick sprint .

At 31 I'd expect a sudden decline in that attribute.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Valencias Guedes would be the perfect fit for this team ,not convinced on the Dortmund kid

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat May 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Would love for us to replace Ings, Sturridge and Origi with Pulisic and Promes.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Sat May 05, 2018 10:53 pm

That would be awesome i hope Klopp does tweak our side next season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Nabil Fekir from Lyon linked today. Replace Couthino. Appreciate there's a million rumours but maybe lighten the mood after Chelsea.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Dembele from Barcelona too, hells teeth. These rumours I like  :oops:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 08, 2018 12:10 am

If we can secure 4th and on top of that an appearance in a CL final has got to boost our prospects of landing quality players for next season.  When I say quality also I mean players that are performing now and not maybe in a few years. If we want to see talent flourish then stop fooking off the ones we sign a season or two before by replacing them with same again.

Sessignon is a talented player and probably ready for the step up but it will be a bidding war that we will run away from. Far to many clubs interested in him and besides Robbo has shown himself more than capable. Signing Ryan will only put pressure on the manager to play him ahead of Andy. We do need to replace Moreno as cover but not with a starter.

Pulisic is a strange one and one I think we are looking to get but more for marketing reasons than talent. I say that because his stats aren't that good. He plays primarily on the wings and through the middle but 3 goals last season and 8 assists in the Bundesliga isn't great. This season he has 5 goals. His best game was last season against Milan when he had a few assists and managed to cover 10.3k during that game which is what I think our players put in every week. He is the first player to really emerge from the states and will open up a market which I think is what we are looking for more than his ability.

Whatever we do in this window it needs to be with the view of finishing higher than 4th.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 08, 2018 8:12 am

Lots of rumours coming out of France that Fekir is near enough a done deal, Jurgen was even asked about them after the Chelsea game but sidestepped the question with a 'no comment', when Fekir was asked wether he is joining Liverpool in the summer he just said 'Lyon still have 2 more games to play, we'll just have to wait and see'
He's certainly an exciting talent, although he's mainly a creator type he's still scored something like 17 goals in 26 league games in France, he's like a younger and stronger version of Mahrez.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill