Trent Alexander-Arnold official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 pm wrote:Inexperienced. It just showed. Why Klopp played him baffled me.
He's overrated currently. He isn't world class. The lad is a youth team player and Klopp is throwing him in at the deep end.

'He's overrated, he isn't world class.'

I'm not sure what you're insinuating here, that he should be world class? That fans think a 19 year old IS world class (I don't know anyone who's said he's world class)?

Christ almighty let's berate our youth for not being world class when they're teenagers.

Modern fans  :help
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 pm wrote:Inexperienced. It just showed. Why Klopp played him baffled me.
He's overrated currently. He isn't world class. The lad is a youth team player and Klopp is throwing him in at the deep end.

'He's overrated, he isn't world class.'

I'm not sure what you're insinuating here, that he should be world class? That fans think a 19 year old IS world class (I don't know anyone who's said he's world class)?

Christ almighty let's berate our youth for not being world class when they're teenagers.

Modern fans  :help

Precisely, so he should not yet be put in the big matches and Champions league games, as he could prove liable at the back.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:50 pm

A carbon copy situation as against united. Punt up from the goalie to the centre forward just over the half way line, then the opposition striker is left to run on to the knock on and scores, or in this case, wins a penalty.
Is Klopp going to sit down with a laptop and go through it with him? Lets hope so, because he doesnt seem to be learning quickly and city are far from slow at exposing teams weaknesses. He was roasted time after time by Zaha and the only thing in his favour was some of his forward play and crossing in the second half.
Fingers crossed that he learns by wednesday and doesnt fu'ck up again
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:54 pm

All top young defenders learn more from their mistakes than their successes,Arnold is no different and I think in the long run Palace have done him a huge favor in as such as highlighting the naivety that still exists within his game,I'm sure the manager will work on this with Trent before tackling the issue of a free running and insanely talented Sane on Wednesday. I thought Matip was equally at fault for both Zaha runs and could have reacted far quicker with anticipating the drop of the ball ,in truth for all Trents naivety he still reacted much more rapidly than a sluggish Matip ,which is worrying if Klopp is thinking of playing the latter against City.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:00 am

Currently light weight and defensively makes silly mistakes that costs us but he's learning and is only going to get better . There is quality in him , no doubt about that .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Too early for him, this City match. I would play Milner in the right back position. He's not much pace, but has experience, and can stop Sane with some decent tackling
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:57 am

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:21 pm wrote:Too early for him, this City match. I would play Milner in the right back position. He's not much pace, but has experience, and can stop Sane with some decent tackling

Sorry but you don't beat pace by tackling, you beat pace with pace. Milner at RB would be a disaster!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:21 am

kazza » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:57 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:21 pm wrote:Too early for him, this City match. I would play Milner in the right back position. He's not much pace, but has experience, and can stop Sane with some decent tackling

Sorry but you don't beat pace by tackling, you beat pace with pace. Milner at RB would be a disaster!

Your Solution..........?  ???
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 pm

kazza » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:57 am wrote:

Don't underestimate tackling and experience in defending mate... there was a time during the 90's when the german national team was known to be top notch at tackling and defence... and they weren't necessarily spring chickens... The experienced defenders are most of the time better than young defenders even though they have lost a yard or two in pace...
Having seen TAA skinned alive in two consecutive matches by Rashford and Zaha (who is not even a top top player) I myself will be tempted to go with the old experience heads like Milner...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm

man of the match
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:16 pm

aCe' » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm wrote:man of the match

+1
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:29 pm

+2 he had an amazing game
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 pm

+3
Great game under high pressure.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:32 am

If he plays for this club until he's 35 he'd be hard pressed to put in a finer performance. Make no mistake he was right under the microscope tonight, every man and his dog knew that City were targeting him and half the world tuned in expecting to see Sane take him the cleaners. Trent had other idea's though.
In the biggest game of his life he put in the performance of his life.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:47 am

I cringed every time they played the ball to Sane, second half. But, trent passed the test and we doubled up on their forward at every opportunity. Same too for Sterling on the opposite side. We got two men on him, and that's why they had no success.

Great stuff.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion