Man Utd V Liverpool Sat 10th March KO: 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:14 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:38 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:26 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:08 pm wrote:Tell me, how many goals have we scored this season?   :laugh:

Don't be concered with that Stat Harry Kewell, Be concerned with the amount of goals we have conceded. it's 34. 11 more than the scum, 10 more than spurs, 8 more than chelsea.

Our record V the top five this season is poor also, head to head.

I'm a worried man until Klopp signs us some decent midfielders. Our defence/ keeper has also been a worry for much of the season until VVD arrived.

AM I wrong?

Righto, we'll ignore your ramblings about our team having no creativity shall we?  For the record, we've scored 68. Not bad for a team with no sparks, eh ? :laugh:

I'm just saying our midfield is shyyte
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 pm

Our record against the top 5 sides last season was very good. This season hasn't been so great

Won
Arsenal(h), City(h)

Lost
City(a), Spurs (a),Utd(a)

Drawn
Utd(h), Chelsea (h) Arsenal (a), Spurs(h),

That's 10 points from a possible 27 with another 3 (chelsea away) left to play for so the max we can get is 13 our of 30
That is not great for a team with ambitions to challenge for the title.
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 pm

As I understood the game today............
1. TAA got whooped for the first goal.
2. VVD and TAA were at sixes and sevens for the second  goal...
3. We dominated the second half, but had no one up front to pass the ball to, no options/movement etc.
4. We had THIRTEEN corners UTD had ONE!! No headers won in the box when our corners came in.
5. We gave their keeper no shots on target to save as our Midfield was woeful..
6. Mane, when he passed the ball, kept giving the ball away and was really poor.
7. Firmino and Salah were non existent throughout. Worst performance by Salah I've seen.
8. Ref and Linesman kept giving Utd all the decisions and free kicks easily.

Anyone disagree with that.??
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Doeboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 pm wrote:Our record against the top 5 sides last season was very good. This season hasn't been so great

Won
Arsenal(h), City(h)

Lost

Drawn

That's 10 points from a possible 27 with another 3 (chelsea away) left to play for so the max we can get is 13 our of 30

Yup its reverse this season we've got an average record with top side but have been quite good vs the rest.

To be honest if you even look at the games we had we really should've beaten Arsenal A/ Spurs H was a set victory if it wasnt for the ref and the Chelsea H should have been a win aswel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:19 pm

redshade » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:22 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:17 pm wrote:Our record against the top 5 sides last season was very good. This season hasn't been so great

Won
Arsenal(h), City(h)

Lost

Drawn

Yup its reverse this season we've got an average record with top side but have been quite good vs the rest.

To be honest if you even look at the games we had we really should've beaten Arsenal A/ Spurs H was a set victory if it wasnt for the ref and the Chelsea H should have been a win aswel.

I think the better teams maybe have the players to implement a plan against us. Today, the loss was down to us rather than Utd doing anything great. Like I said, we shot ourselves in the foot by conceding two poor goals. Get in half time
0-0, there would be an edgy, nervous feeling around OT and I think we would have taken advantage but conceding 2 soft goals just plays right into Mourinho's hands and it would have been xmas come early for him
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:17 pm wrote:As I understood the game today............
1. TAA got whooped for the first goal.
2. VVD and TAA were at sixes and sevens for the second  goal...
3. We dominated the second half, but had no one up front to pass the ball to, no options/movement etc.
4. We had THIRTEEN corners UTD had ONE!! No headers won in the box when our corners came in.
5. We gave their keeper no shots on target to save as our Midfield was woeful..
6. Mane, when he passed the ball, kept giving the ball away and was really poor.
7. Firmino and Salah were non existent throughout. Worst performance by Salah I've seen.
8. Ref and Linesman kept giving Utd all the decisions and free kicks easily.

Anyone disagree with that.??

Struggle to really have a go at TAA. Young lad still learning the game and I think Mourinho played Rashford to keep TAA occupied and it paid off. Think TAA's confidence was jolted after that and he wasn't really getting forward and seemed to be more concerned about what was behind him and so we we lacked width today and it was all too narrow. For all our possession, I really can't remember De Gea having to make a save of note which was a massive disappointment.
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:35 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:01 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:54 pm wrote:How the f*ck Milner Can and Chamberlain were considered first choice for a game like this is beyond me,especially with Henderson Lallana and Gini on the bench,I mean surely albeit from maybe Can the other three should have started on the bench ?  Henderson should have been a shoe in for this game and its about time Mane was dropped and Lallana given a go alongside Firmino and Salah  ,***** off with the excessive amount of times he misplaces a simple pass.

Don't think any of them are 100% fit, to be honest. 

Lallana looks as rusty as a door nail and Henderson hasn't trained this week due to a dead leg. Pretty sure Gini had a stomach bug too.

Lallana will only shake off that rustiness if he starts more games,preferably in place of Mane who just wastes so much possession by failing to pick out the simplest of passes ,Gini went through a full training session at Melwood so if he was still suffering from the trots he was taking a big chance with the squats and lunges  :D  and if Henderson had been carrying an injury he shouldn't have been included in the squad let alone on the bench. If I'm honest mate,it was eleven footballers waiting for a game to break out rather than forcing the issue,we just played into their hands,Mourinho would have been rubbing his hands with glee when he seen Henderson wasn't starting ,I mean we knew how they would set up to play this game so to start with only one combative midfielder  and a player who played a full season at LB because he clearly didn't possess the legs to get around the midfield was more than bemusing,as for playing Chamberlain who was a complete and utter passenger throughout and makes Babel's play look intelligent then it was madness fella !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:59 pm

We came unprepared today..Can't blame a single player although some were weaker then other,all components of the team didn't show up...I don't know what was the game plan but it didn't work..I didn't see the energy level required nor the mental focus..I thought Klopp did nothing to change the events on the ground..Oh well..hope it's a one off..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:34 am

only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:59 pm wrote:We came unprepared today..Can't blame a single player although some were weaker then other,all components of the team didn't show up...I don't know what was the game plan but it didn't work..I didn't see the energy level required nor the mental focus..I thought Klopp did nothing to change the events on the ground..Oh well..hope it's a one off..

Tells us nothing!! Like most of your posts!

Do us all a favour and DO ONE!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:05 am

Thing is lads Maureen tactically outwitted Klopp again. Wether we hate his boring style or not he knows how to get a result. He knew how to nullify our main man Salah and he knew how to get at our right side.

If the game was 0-0 at HT i would have assumed we've got a shot here. However it worked perfectly for maureen they got not 1 but 2 quick goals a nice lead at HT and he shut up shop for the 2nd half.

I would also point out i thought Bailly did really well for them he made it really hard for our lads.

To be honest i wouldn't want to face these lot in the champions league. I said it in another thread the chance of getting booted out would be too much to take.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:28 am

only me » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:37 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:26 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:08 pm wrote:Tell me, how many goals have we scored this season?   :laugh:

Don't be concered with that Stat Harry Kewell, Be concerned with the amount of goals we have conceded. it's 34. 11 more than the scum, 10 more than spurs, 8 more than chelsea.

Our record V the top five this season is poor also, head to head.

I'm a worried man until Klopp signs us some decent midfielders. Our defence/ keeper has also been a worry for much of the season until VVD arrived.

AM I wrong?

Yes you are wrong to go mental just because we lost to ManU today..Everyone is aware of the issues we have but to wait till we fail so you can go all guns blazing is disrespectful and childeeish...Algymoon reincarnated?

Nah... don't think so, Algymoon is russian...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:34 pm wrote:Trent needs to be moved into MF imo, he's just not a natural defender. Dare I say it we lacked a Coutinho type player there today as well, we had tons of possession at the edge of their box but no one had a clue what to do with it.
How clever was that Bailly though? As soon as he gave away the goal he went down for about 5 minutes, totally killed any momentum we had, as soon as he came back on the ref should have booked him for deliberate time wasting.

Yes, agreed. Neither Firmino, Mane nor Salah has that killer unlocking of the defense ability that Coutinho has. But then again, we had alot of games like this where Coutinho couldn't do much as well. This game needed a Stevie G's long range special or a Coutinho's long range special or the outrageous Luis Suarez dribbling inside the box. As I've said arlier in this thread, there was an occasion where Young was all over Salah in the penalty box competing for a lobbed pass, impeding him, pulling dragging and yet Salah didn't go down. If Suarez felt 1/10th of the contact that Salah did in that situation, he was going down. This is not simulation, it is gamesmanship, where in this situation I felt that Salah was abit too naive. And that handball in the penalty box, intentional or not, impeded the play, should've been a penalty.

I feel that Klopp's weakness is against tactician managers like Mourinho/ Rafa. Even with BD at their peak, I think he never could beat Rafa's reds. And Mourinho is so shrewd that probably the only manager who could out-strategize him regularly is Rafa.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:45 am

kinda rubbing salt in the wounds... from Mourinho

"We gave options to the players," he said.

"I am not the kind of mechanic coach that says A pass to B, B to C, C to D. We have different options.

"We have also the possibility of the long ball to [Scott] McTominay and to play against [Andrew] Robertson in the air.

"Lukaku was confident from experience that he could be dominant towards Lovren."

from Carra...

“His pride takes over,” said Carragher, speaking on Sky Sports.

“There is nothing wrong with accepting that someone is stronger than you in a game. Don't fight someone who is stronger than you.

“I wasn’t the greatest in the air so I'd say to Sami Hyypia 'swap, you take him'. You’ve got to use your brain. He's a machine Lukaku, the size of him, don't let your pride get in the way of it!

“He gets knocked over again, gets bullied, accept he’s stronger than you. Use your brain!”
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:05 am

Just don't get the game plan to deal with route one football. In fairness it didn't look like a lot of thought had gone into it.

Lovren was tasked with the aerial battle and failed that. Klopp could have either asked VVD to have a go with Lukaku, or, he could have prepared the defence for the second ball. There was no awareness or anticipation there so Lukaku was able to win the headers and knock them on with out our defence wise to the situation - suffice to say, that is school boy stuff and TAA was made to look like one.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:23 am

Maureen had two players man marking both Can and Salah all game. Every time the ball got into Can's feet Alexis Sanchez was on him like a flash forcing him into making a quick pass, or to knock it long knowing United had the size at the back to deal with the Ariel duels.

Then you obviously had Young grappling and shadowing Salah everywhere he went.. what Klopp should have done in this situation is rotate the 3 around (like we used to do with Sterling/Studge/Suarez) to confuse United's defence. As soon as VVD was winning the Ariel duels with Lukaku, he then moved across the park so he then had Lovren challenging him ... And I can guarantee you that was a move orchestrated by Maureen.

You can't win every game with Heavy metal football, certain games against the big teams you need a strategy. It's a big lesson learned today and I think Klopp will learn from this one.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games