Liverpool v Spudz

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Fact: Spurs were overall the better team although we have them by their balls in the first half

Fact: We were robbed with the dodgy penalties decision

Fact: If Messi were to score the second Mo Salah goal, it will be the headline in every paper and tabloids. Simply world class

Fact: it was Lovren's fuck up that lead to their first penalty. Otherwise he had a good game but he need to have better focus and concentration when put under pressure.

Fact: Henderson is still behind in match fitness which allows Spurs to take control of the game in the second half. While the substitution is correct, Spurs really came alive once we go to a 3 men defence.

While I was pissed, looking back at the game I thot it was a fair results...but the refs are still a twat
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 pm

all over social media now,surely something has to be said about this cun:glare:

Media picking up on it now https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eagle-eyed-liverpool-fans-think-11969824

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:01 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/R_Fredriksso ... 84/video/1

There’s another amazing angle of how atrocious the second pen was.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 pm

Santa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 pm wrote:Fact: Spurs were overall the better team although we have them by their balls in the first half

Fact: We were robbed with the dodgy penalties decision

Fact: If Messi were to score the second Mo Salah goal, it will be the headline in every paper and tabloids. Simply world class

Fact: it was Lovren's fuck up that lead to their first penalty. Otherwise he had a good game but he need to have better focus and concentration when put under pressure.

Fact: Henderson is still behind in match fitness which allows Spurs to take control of the game in the second half. While the substitution is correct, Spurs really came alive once we go to a 3 men defence.

While I was pissed, looking back at the game I thot it was a fair results...but the refs are still a twat

"Fact"  . According to who exactly!??
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:24 pm

A draw was probably a fair result in the end.
Thought our mid was shocking tbh and completely devoid of any quality. Milner is done for us as a starter imo and should only be used as a last measure in the last 10 to 15 minutes during games. He doesn't have the legs or stamina anymore. I would have withdrawn Him before Hendo. Dembele just breezed past the lot of them when he had the chance and no one could stop him. Wijnaldum should have started.

Defensively I thought Van Dijk again showed his talents by cutting out and clearing many balls. He was unfortunate for the penalty but that is the way it goes. Karius I thought had his best game and was rewarded with the save for the pen. He also pulled off a few good saves with the pick of the bunch being when he came out and blocked that effort from Alli (I think). He closed it down well and made himself big which is encouraging. Robbo had a good game also.

Up front I thought the lads looked a bit off especially Firmino who looked off the pace. Mane was also hit and miss but he has been like that lately so not surprised he was again today. Salah was excellent and can't help wonder where we would be without his goals this season.

Lovren is cack. He did make a few clearances but they mostly went to spurs players. He also mistimed a clearance to let Kane through for the first penalty. He is prone to that kind of stuff and next time he might not be so lucky Karius saved it. Ox was poor when he came on and didn't do anything to try and put Wanyama off when he scored. It was a cracker of a strike but he was unchallenged because Ox was far too slow to react.
We conceded far too much ground to them second half.

Jon Moss should be retired at this level. He was poor and looks very unfit.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:30 pm

Happens all the time RBG. Mike Dean has done it several times and funny enough for the Spudz. If I can remember correctly Phil Dowd also did it at one of our games a few years ago after Gerrard netted a penalty. Think the reason he gave was that he had made the right call to award it in the first place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:01 am

Yeah Mike dean used to have an orgasm when he used to do it.

https://youtu.be/StRVqK7xgw4

Even though they are professionals they support certain teams i guess and probably can't contain their excitement at times.

I found this from another place the convo the ref had with the linesman
for the first penalty.

Bizarre decision from the ref.

--------------------------------

Moss did not appear sure and consulted with fourth official Martin Atkinson via his mic, before immediately clarifying that he was awarding the penalty. Here is that conversation in full:

Smart: "All I need to know is, did Lovren touch the ball?"

Moss: "I don't know."

Smart: "If he's not touched the ball, it is offside, so you're chalking off the penalty. It has to be offside if Lovren has not touched the ball.

Christian Eriksen: "He did touch the ball."

Emre Can: "He didn't touch the ball."

Moss: "Just talk to me again."

Smart: "You know what I'm asking; I need to clarify, has Lovren touched the ball? If he has, it's a deliberate action and, therefore, it's a penalty. If he has not, it is offside.

Moss: "I have no idea whether Lovren touched the ball to be honest with you. Martin (Atkinson), have you got anything from TV? I'm giving the penalty.

---------------------------------
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:21 am

Klopp was right, in the first half there were fouls going in all over the place and the ref played on, and kept the game going. We were on the end of most of these.

Then, the softest foul all afternoon and it's a penalty. The silly pr!ck even waved play on himself like he had been all afternoon only for the linesman to overrule.

We looked dead on our feet 45 minutes on and we sat deep and couldn't pick up their player like we did in the first half. I couldn't believe how the energy levels dropped so much.

I don't know what Oxlade Chamberlain was supposed to bring to the team, Firmino who had been on 60 minutes longer and full of running, was still running harder than this drifter. He weakened us. And even though Mane had probably ran out of puff himself, and hasn't been up to his high standards of last season I would have still kept him on over Ox as we could have countered much better with him in the side than with Ox.

But the decision to bring on Matip changed the entire mindset where we were supposed to dig in - it's just a shame we can't because we're never afforded to control games this way. And what a way to start - when your dead on your feet against a good Spurs outfit.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:45 am

On the way to the game I predicted a 2:2 draw so I can take some solace in that. We were woeful second half and couldn't get out of our half so overall it's probably a fair result but the manner in which it's happened stinks.

The first penalty: I'd never heard this 'if the defender touches it he's onside' rule. I was always under the belief that Kane would be deemed to be active so long as a pass is played in his direction while he's in an offside position. This rule puts Lovren in a precarious position of potentially not playing the ball and the linesman not spotting it. He should have dealt with it all the same but even the conversation between the linesman and referee indicates that the ref took a punt.

The second one: There's contact but for me Lamela goes into Van Dijk, not the other way around. Van Dijk has every right to try to clear that ball and doesn't even swing at it when Lamela appears.

We were robbed there if you ask me.

On a positive note we looked much more cohesive as a unit, especially defensively, everything that went into our box landed on VVDs head. Robertson is also a very steady pair of hands as well.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 am

It was intense the game in the last 20 minutes and we were really tired. The concentration levels were taking affect and mistakes were gonna happen. With the small squad we have this pressing game will always do us in after Xmas.

I wouldn't mind us taking a different approach to the teams in the bottom half of the table.. Let them come at us and try to hurt them on the counter.

It's gonna be hard to hang on to 4th this year.. we need to rely on teams losing points.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 am

Klopp even angrier than we are

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:31 am

Penalty decisions aside I just think that game doesn't bode well for our top 4 chances, to me Spurs clearly looked the better side and that was in our backyard, considering we are only 2 points ahead of them and there's still a third of the season to go we'll be doing well to still be above them come the end of May.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:31 am wrote:Penalty decisions aside I just think that game doesn't bode well for our top 4 chances, to me Spurs clearly looked the better side and that was in our backyard, considering we are only 2 points ahead of them and there's still a third of the season to go we'll be doing well to still be above them come the end of May.

Spurs looked the better side ? I disagree. We bossed the first half and were a tad unlucky not to be 2 or even 3 up at half time.

2nd half belonged to Spurs as we clearly tired and fell off them BUT apart from a great strike for thier equalizer I thought they threatend but weren't convincing and we were always capable of grabbing another goal.

Ultimately the officials decided this game   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Doeboy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:10 pm

First time the oppo have had more possession at Anfield since the 2003/2004 season apparently. I was looking at our bench yesterday and there was no real game changer on there.

We need to hope we don't pick up injuries in key areas because the squad isn't looking the strongest at the moment.

Likes of Ings, Solanke etc are good honest players but in terms of quality they are not up there (obviously Solanke is still young).

We desperately need Lallana fit and running as he is probably the only one we have who can knit the midfield and attack together.

Yesterday, Can, Hendo and Milner put a shift in forst half but in none of them were able to link the midfield with attack whi h was a problem.
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:15 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:39 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:31 am wrote:Penalty decisions aside I just think that game doesn't bode well for our top 4 chances, to me Spurs clearly looked the better side and that was in our backyard, considering we are only 2 points ahead of them and there's still a third of the season to go we'll be doing well to still be above them come the end of May.

Spurs looked the better side ? I disagree. We bossed the first half and were a tad unlucky not to be 2 or even 3 up at half time.

2nd half belonged to Spurs as we clearly tired and fell off them BUT apart from a great strike for thier equalizer I thought they threatend but weren't convincing and we were always capable of grabbing another goal.

Ultimately the officials decided this game   :kungfu:

For all the possession Spurs had they didn't trouble Karius on many occasions. My main recollection is VVD heading away every cross they put in.

I think they were the better side but mainly because we tailed off.

Cracking strike from Wanyama tho, would still be travelling now that.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games