Liverpool VS WBA 27/1 19.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:34 am

How can any of you fellow posters be confident we can finish 4th at least this season, with these types of lacklusture performances. It's not a gimme at all.

Our defence has more holes than a fishing net.

There is a lot of hard work still to do, starting by putting away the lesser teams is a minimum requirement.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:05 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:34 am wrote:How can any of you fellow posters be confident we can finish 4th at least this season, with these types of lacklusture performances. It's not a gimme at all.

Our defence has more holes than a fishing net.

There is a lot of hard work still to do, starting by putting away the lesser teams is a minimum requirement.

If we continue to play like this we won't finish 4th, no chance.

Like Yakka said with the others strengthening 4th will be even harder.

I would consider playing our fringe players in the champions league and totally concentrating on the league now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:46 am

Horrible defending again, and we all knew one 75 million pound signing was never going to prevent our defensive shortcomings.

Drafting Moreno and TAA back into the side destabilised us, I like the latter and he should be given a run out from time to time but he has his pitfalls defensively.

As for more Moreno, when he plays left back it just looks too chaotic and Robertson has got to be given the lion's share of starts for the rest of the season ahead, as he has already proven to be a much better defender than the Spaniard.

That wasn't our only defensive issue, another meek performance from Matip who could have done more than try and flick a goal bound cross/shot off his own goal line.

The midfield three of Gini, Ox (who I think is in a team above his station), and Can, offered absolutely zero defensive cover for our defence. The way WBA just ghosted past our midfield and over loaded our defence with runners shows that a defensive woes are just as much systemic as they are individual. It was too easy for a team like WBA to attack us with numbers, when our midfield were at 6's and 7's chasing shadows. Only Can has an incl-in of defensive awareness and he struggled alongside two pretenders.

Firmino should have scored the penalty. He's got to come off that duty now - he's missed some crucial ones (twice IIRC), that has changed the game for the worst for us. Sevilla at home was the other. He's no Milner. And if he's taking them to up his score count then it isn't justifiable when he is ordinary at taking them.

Another defeat, and probably another year trophy less. 

One last point: We have two keepers at this club who play regularly. We may as well not play with any keeper and string a pair of braces to the crossbar, both are fu.cking sh.it and both should be dumped in a purple fu.cking bin.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:58 am

We haven't learned from the pitfalls of last season. We are still conceding 2/3/4 goals against bottom of the table teams.

Is this forward progress under our manager.?

Someone needs a major kick in the groin to turn this shambles around.
If we don't buck our ideas up, we'll be lucky to finish in the top 6.

Any of you fellow posters who think we will easily cruise to a top four finish, without hard work and keeping the back door shut, will get a rude awakening.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:24 am

Klopp brings exciting football but there are times when you think I'd prefer boring Maureen footy if that means getting results.

We need a defensive overhaul another quality CB a proper RB and a GK. Infront of them a solid DM shield which currently doesn't exist. When teams attack they walk right through us with ease.

Even the City match we were lucky they didn't equalise and friggin leading 4 fekin 1. We are prone to capitulate when team get back. This will be a blueprint now for our opposition.

Kane will fek our defence right where the sun don't shine when we face Spurs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:31 am

Awful awful game  :down: Absolute shambolic defending.
Wtf is happening, That was a strong enough team that should have won that comfortably but they looked wrecked at times. Is fatigue starting to kick in or what ? 2 games in the space of a week against 2 poor sides  :down:  They weren't even at full strength either.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:06 am

Christ I have stopped watching games as its too painful. It ruins your whole week and for what? Every competition is by skin of our teeth
killerp

Postby electrum » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:27 am

Another depressing stat to add to all our misery  :glare:

Liverpool have failed to score with six of their last 10 penalties in all competitions, with four different players failing with those spot kicks (Origi, Firmino, Salah and Milner).

So much waste ... add this to the fact that 8/10 corners don't seem to beat the first man...
We need to sort out so many aspects of our game its mind numbing...
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:53 am

Nothing to say !!

I’ll leave it to Algymoron. Can’t even be bothered to look back to see if he has already posted !! Too fkg depressing !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:56 am

I'm expecting Klopp to shut down any transfer talks and just to say our focus and concentration is on the game Tuesday night against Huddersfield.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:00 pm

I doubt WBA would have scored three at Old Trafford or the Eithad stadium either. It's just down to our shaky defence.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:16 pm

That was more or less our strongest side we fielded yesterday and still got beat by WBA at home. They didn't even sit back as much as I thought they would either, which is our apparent achilles heel. It was an open game, with a few decisions going our way as well and still we couldn't capitalise.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:41 pm

That game was our only real chance of bringing some silverware to Anfield,and it needed a display that mirrored that ambition,yet what we suffered was a performance that can only be described as obscene. I mean before every kick off we have a tendency as fans to play out what will happen in our heads and that depicts us blowing teams at the shallow end of the pool away with a breathless performance,but the other side of the coin is far from a fearless outcome and we play out every lurid detail of our  humiliation as our midfield and defense completely capitulate before our disbelieving eyes and sadly the latter seems to give more credence to our trepidation than the former does to our dreams.

I have seen teams wearing that red shirt that were all conquering titans of the game,not because individually they were superstars but because they played like a team,they knew that as a unit they could be formidable ! Last nights team wasn't even a reflection of the heart those lads shown in every game,in truth in simple terms of fight this has to be the most feeble of Liverpool teams I have ever had the misfortune to see,this is simply a collection of players masquerading as a team and hiding behind the crest.

I'm so disappointed I cant even bring myself to add critique of individual performances or comment on the game as a whole as our football 'or lack of it ' of late has become an aberration, without soul or heart we will never escape the grip of ordinary but without fight we will struggle to convince the football world we're to be even taken seriously .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Had we of actually won and gone all the way to the final we wouldn't of won it anyhow. Klopps record in finals is woeful. Wake up lads... We've had this coming for the last three seasons
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 am

leeroy74 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:41 pm wrote:Had we of actually won and gone all the way to the final we wouldn't of won it anyhow. Klopps record in finals is woeful. Wake up lads... We've had this coming for the last three seasons

It wasn't any different under Rodgers either Lee.
Klopp has his weaknesses and the reason he has lost so many finals imo is because he can only play one way. He is good enough with the right tools to get there and if he had it in him to do a Mourinho then he would have won every single one.
He suits this club but unfortunately most of the players don't  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games