LIVERPOOL v WBA Wed 13th Dec 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Overall, we haven't really progressed from last season. We were dropping points and conceding goals against rubbish teams last term. Not much has changed.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:38 pm

With all the hype going around we are leveled points with Burnley...And forgive me Burnley fans i can't remember for the life of me who is playing their...
So i guess we are a bit caught in whirl of hot air mainly produced by us...Maybe it's what we are worth at the end of the day...We bashed Milner and Hendo the other day and today Can and Gini didn't perform at all...Couts and Bobby pathetic..Mane lost all confidence due to his own doing...Salah probably a bit wasted..Too many players didn't show up today..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:43 pm

We've got the quickest wide men in the prem and sadly both couldn't stretch out West Brom. The game was too narrow we huffed and puffed and couldn't get past the bus.
Games like this you would be happy with a 1-0 win.

Spurs are back in 4th after their double victories.

It's too early to judge at the moment but i feel 2nd and 3rd will be contested between mannure and Chelsea. 4th will be a fight between us, Arsenal and Spurs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:47 pm

On a side note that West Brom defender we were after Heghazi looked quite good.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Brilliant one minute, average the next.. You lot figure it out, cos I can't.
You don't see these problems at Man Utd and City this season, they are generally consistent.
Maybe their are too many average players in our squad that need shifting out. That is what I believe. Firminho and others etc, they don't do it in every game, unfortunately, and Can, Hendo, Milner, wjnaldum have weaknesses to their game also.
Can't blame salah today, as he's played out of his skin so far.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 am

I think Jurgen has gotten about as much as he can out of this particular group of players, they've hit their ceiling imo. I don't think we will improve until we sign some quality players. This squad is a top 4 squad, expecting Jurgen to get more out of them than that is unrealistic.
We play some great stuff but the quality just isn't there to sustain it. It's time to give Jurgen the tools to do the job starting with Keita, Van Dijk and Lemar.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:21 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 am wrote:I think Jurgen has gotten about as much as he can out of this particular group of players, they've hit their ceiling imo. I don't think we will improve until we sign some quality players. This squad is a top 4 squad, expecting Jurgen to get more out of them than that is unrealistic.
We play some great stuff but the quality just isn't there to sustain it. It's time to give Jurgen the tools to do the job starting with Keita, Van Dijk and Lemar.

Yup currently we are a top 4 side and aspiring to qualify again for the champions league. Im confident we will achieve that aim this season.
However to challenge for the title we need quality replacements like you said and that is something that won't be easy because the way City are going no one will be able to compete with them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:05 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 am wrote:I think Jurgen has gotten about as much as he can out of this particular group of players, they've hit their ceiling imo. I don't think we will improve until we sign some quality players. This squad is a top 4 squad, expecting Jurgen to get more out of them than that is unrealistic.

Top four side, that's about right. Problem is, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and even Burnley are fighting for 4th this season, so that's not a gimme either.
We need more players with that cutting edge. If we had Suarez and Gerard in this team now, we would be epic. But we need more quality and strength /depth. We have good balance in the attack, but other than Coutinho /Salah, the rest lack Superstar quality, they drift in and out of games. Our Midfield /defence are average overall, and I personally think that Coutinho is more effective up front than deeper, so he's wasting a bit.

Until we get more superstar players in our squad, then we will be playing for just fourth place for years to come. If Coutinho leaves, then that will be another set back.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 pm wrote:I think Jurgen has gotten about as much as he can out of this particular group of players, they've hit their ceiling imo. I don't think we will improve until we sign some quality players. This squad is a top 4 squad, expecting Jurgen to get more out of them than that is unrealistic.

Agree with this. Although got to be honest, with the calibre players City are signing and will carry on signing going forward under Guardiola, I don't think the likes of Keita, Van Dijk and Lemar are enough to actually get us consistently challenging for the title....even more so if we lose Coutinho.

What City are doing this year is quite scary and if Guardiola is there for a while, may well have a situation where they carry on looking a level above everyone else and continue spending big money improving and that will be damn hard to match considering what we normally spend compared to them.

Truth of the matter is we need to match the investment levels City/Utd/Chelsea hit in order to really get us as consistent challengers and under FSG that is extremely unlikely to happen. Not bashing FSG, but they simply can't compare to the owners at City in terms of coughing up funds/wages.

Challenging for top 4 is par for this squad and our level of investment. If Klopp gets us 4th, that will be an achievement, any higher and he will be very well done indeed.
Doeboy

Postby only me » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:34 am

We can't match City spending and we don't need to..We just need to be smarter on the transfer market and overall more professional..it can be done.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 pm wrote:Brilliant one minute, average the next.. You lot figure it out, cos I can't.
You don't see these problems at Man Utd and City this season, they are generally consistent.
Maybe their are too many average players in our squad that need shifting out. That is what I believe. Firminho and others etc, they don't do it in every game, unfortunately, and Can, Hendo, Milner, wjnaldum have weaknesses to their game also.
Can't blame salah today, as he's played out of his skin so far.

Man U have been consistent yes, consistent at putting the watching world to sleep while they slug out a win. Granted they're winning, but they're a bang average side. They're littered with problems. The only squad which doesn't really have an issue is City and that's why they're 11 points clear.

We're inconsistent because that's the calibre of players we have. This is only Klopp's second full season. Most of his signings have improved the squad, we'll keep improving with him at the helm.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 am

As it was expected a total shambles despite the Nutcase's rotation!, It was hardly any decent shot at goal, WBA had worked our keeper well and should have scored the winning goal. 4 cheap points dropped, and by end of the month, probably another 6 points will be dropped! I see people ask the Nutcase to bring more player into the club!!, you can bring in the best players in the world and let this nutcase coach them and manage them, HOWEVER, you will get the same outcome, as we are getting now, last season, and next season!!!!
A Reality Month for the Nutcase! It is nonsense to speak about pitiful bad decisions, win a game outright and not trying to walk the ball to the net through a brick wall!!! naive tactic!!!!! Have a proper CF who would score from half chances, not like our CF the master of duds, who cannot score from opening goal!!! come on be real
algymoon

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 am

We've not had a striker since 2014. Now we've stood by Sturridge and his injuries but I think us standing by him is the reason we haven't gone out and bought one.
Sterling and Firmino have been make shift strikers and Studge has played inbetween when he's been fit in that time.. but it's been 3 years and where still doing the same.

I know we need to buy defenders but we also need a out n out striker otherwise games like the West Brom are gonna cost us points season after season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:49 am

This is Klopps 3rd season. Only his second "full Season" isn't reason to get a pass. If anything that first season which he probably had about 30 games should have been enough to identify the players he wants in and out. Now its his 3rd season and we are still looking at the same issues.
The rotating is just pure random and not helping. Where did Lallana go ? He was about to come on against Sevilla and hasn't been seen since  :no Obviously he wasn't ready to come on in that game. He wouldn't sell Sturridge in the summer but yet replaced him with a lad that has no experience, Then he brings Ings back from the dead and suddenly he is a better option  :down: It also appears that Salah went into that game last night with a hamstring problem so there is no rhyme or reason to his rotating other than just for the sake of it.

West-Brom didn't do anything to us last night that teams haven't been doing for years but its evident we still have no answer. It was obvious after the Everton game that Pardew would set them up similar and we just did our thing. We had 71% of the possession and managed 3 shots on target  :laugh: Our game plan is just keep going despite the fact that it doesn't work. It was them who had the best chance as well and in the end we moan about some refereeing decision to compensate. Could you not picture the reaction from Klopp had they of scored a goal like that against us. It wouldn't have been as bad if the ball had of struck him elsewhere and went in off his arm but he missed and it bounced off his arm and went in so it was the right decision imo.

We are away to Bournemouth next and that will be tough so we need to come out of it with a win. Our away form is good when the onus is on other teams to come out and play so hopefully they don't park up looking to get a point.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:57 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 am wrote:We've not had a striker since 2014. Now we've stood by Sturridge and his injuries but I think us standing by him is the reason we haven't gone out and bought one.
Sterling and Firmino have been make shift strikers and Studge has played inbetween when he's been fit in that time.. but it's been 3 years and where still doing the same.

I know we need to buy defenders but we also need a out n out striker otherwise games like the West Brom are gonna cost us points season after season.

He has barely played Sturridge since he came here. He refused to sell him in the summer and has barely used him since and on top of all that he Signed a kid with no experience and promoted him to 1st choice. Now he has dredged up Ings from somewhere and he is ahead of him.
We should have sold Sturridge years ago but he wouldn't, We should have signed adequate cover but we didn't and now we won't even use him.  Firmino is Klopps striker and has been since day 1  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games