red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:23 am

If only we could sign Oblak.....
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 am

7_Kewell » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:34 pm wrote:
aCe' » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:18 pm wrote:If Coutinho is on his way out we'll need to replace him with a world class player. Di Maria seems to be on his way out of PSG, he would do.

No thanks!  He's got eh backbone of a slug and was well and truly found out at Manure. PSG want rid because he's not half as good as everyone thought he was.

+1
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 pm

kazza » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 am wrote:
aCe' » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:18 pm wrote:If Coutinho is on his way out we'll need to replace him with a world class player. Di Maria seems to be on his way out of PSG, he would do.

No thanks!  He's got eh backbone of a slug and was well and truly found out at Manure. PSG want rid because he's not half as good as everyone thought he was.

+1

+1 from me as well.

He showed exactly what he is when he signed for them and struggled. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:56 pm

Im not entirely sure but I think if Leipzig fail to beat Besiktas tonight in Germany then they are out. If that happened I wonder if we could offer RB a few quid to get Keita early?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:56 pm wrote: if we could offer RB a few quid to get Keita early?

Maybe cash and a Bacon Buttie
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:47 am

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:56 pm wrote: if we could offer RB a few quid to get Keita early?

I am ok with giving them Henderson to sweeten the deal  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:56 pm wrote:Im not entirely sure but I think if Leipzig fail to beat Besiktas tonight in Germany then they are out. If that happened I wonder if we could offer RB a few quid to get Keita early?

They've dropped into the Europa so chances are they'll want to keep him for that but I can well imagine him digging his heels in for a move now - don't see it happening tho. He does look a top prospect.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:06 pm

PSG are selling because they have Neymar who plays in his position, suggesting he is anything other a top player is ridiculous
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 pm

If Coutinho goes then it's got to be Lemar, it's got to be a rising star that other top clubs want to buy. That way we not only get a terrific replacement but we also send out the right signals in terms of our ambition. It's very difficult to sell your best player and at the same time convince everyone that you are not taking a huge step backwards, buying someone like Lemar gives you half a chance of doing that, buying a 29 year old like DiMaria doesn't imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:54 pm

I don't rate Di Maria. He can't get a game at PSG and was dreadful at Manure. He'll end up in China with the other lazy players chasing money.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:59 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 pm wrote:

I am ok with giving them Henderson to sweeten the deal  :laugh:

You better make sure the bacon is inedible   :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 pm wrote:If Coutinho goes then it's got to be Lemar, it's got to be a rising star that other top clubs want to buy. That way we not only get a terrific replacement but we also send out the right signals in terms of our ambition. It's very difficult to sell your best player and at the same time convince everyone that you are not taking a huge step backwards, buying someone like Lemar gives you half a chance of doing that, buying a 29 year old like DiMaria doesn't imo.

Agree.
There is talk that we want Sergi Roberto as part of a deal for phil and he could be a better fit due to him being able to play multiple positions. If we got him as a replacement for Emre and added Lemar in the summer we will have done well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 pm wrote:If Coutinho goes then it's got to be Lemar, it's got to be a rising star that other top clubs want to buy. That way we not only get a terrific replacement but we also send out the right signals in terms of our ambition. It's very difficult to sell your best player and at the same time convince everyone that you are not taking a huge step backwards, buying someone like Lemar gives you half a chance of doing that, buying a 29 year old like DiMaria doesn't imo.

Agree.
There is talk that we want Sergi Roberto as part of a deal for phil and he could be a better fit due to him being able to play multiple positions. If we got him as a replacement for Emre and added Lemar in the summer we will have done well.

Personally speaking mate I think we should steer clear of any part-ex deals, if Barcelona thought Roberto was any good they certainly wouldn't be using him as a makeweight, even if they were stacked in his position if he was genuinely a top player they'd sell him on the open market. No one gives away their best players, they might sell them, but no one gives them away. Looking at the lad he made his debut for them in 2011 and we are on the cusp of 2018 yet he's never managed to nail down a place in the team? Doesn't sound too promising to me.
Not just this lad I wouldn't accept any part ex deals from Barca or Madrid, all they do is palm their deadwood off on clubs and they get away with it because of their mammoth size, they are such big clubs even their deadwood has a lot of name recognition.
We shouldn't be selling Coutinho anyway, not if we have any genuine ambitions, selling your best player is never the way forward and if he was at United or Chelsea you can guarantee that they'd be moving heaven and earth to try and keep him, we have accepted second best for a long time now though so he probably will go, if he does leave we should only accept cash and lots and lots of it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:26 pm

We shouldn't be selling Coutinho anyway, not if we have any genuine ambitions, selling your best player is never the way forward and if he was at United or Chelsea you can guarantee that they'd be moving heaven and earth to try and keep him, we have accepted second best for a long time now though so he probably will go, if he does leave we should only accept cash and lots and lots of it.

Mate, wake up and smell the coffee.

99.9 % OF SPANISH SPEAKING PLAYERS ULTIMATE AMBITION  IS TO PLAY FOR BARCA OR MADRID .

Unfortunately we're just a stepping stone for some of them to develop and  advertise their abilities, there's no REAL connection with the club, the city, it's fans and their personal ambition.

Personally if I was part of the recruitment process, no matter how good they are, first thing I be asking about a "Latino" player is "how long will he be here ? ,before he look's for a move to Spain" !

:Oo:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill