Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:26 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:15 am wrote:Forget it Yakka, Klopps just being stubborn as usual. If Ward was good enough he'd be playing.  We've forgotten what its like to have a top class keeper. Every league winning team has had one (Chelsea, Man Utd, Citeh etc..) Klopp under estimates the impact they have on the back 4 and midfield. Splash the cash, bring in the best, bring in Van Dick then once Keita arrives we'll win the league despite of Klopp.

Spot on Reg, in fact I can't remember the last team to win the title with a poor keeper. A good keeper is vital if you want to compete for the top prizes in the game.

Problem is we have not had a good keeper for a very long time and it has been glaringly obvious for an equally long time that our keepers are poor, it should have been addressed a while ago. you are right, you will never win the league with a poor keeper.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 pm

De Gea has single handed saved Manure tons of points. A quality keeper makes a hell of a difference. If Coutinho goes i would obviously seek his replacement with the money we receive but I'd hope apart from that attacking signing Klopp puts more emphasis of defensive signings. The 3 players we sign must be for the back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:40 am

I think having Keita, Van Dijk and a world class keeper would have had us right up there challenging this season. It is not that far away. We ARE lacking leadership so if at least one of them was a leader, we would be competing and teams would fear us. Our defensive frailties  are the league joke!

We should have spent the Chamberlain money on a keeper.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 pm

David Luiz out here of favour maybe opening there to buy Van Dyk and him as a new partnership.

No only that Luiz is a very good DMF player so can cover two areas we need strengthening and brings experience at the top level to the group, feel he would be a very good player at Liverpool and a big character.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:18 pm

parchpea » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:00 pm wrote:David Luiz out here of favour maybe opening there to buy Van Dyk and him as a new partnership.

No only that Luiz is a very good DMF player so can cover two areas we need strengthening and brings experience at the top level to the group, feel he would be a very good player at Liverpool and a big character.

He must be getting on a bit on the sly though mate, he must be over 30 (or at least very close to it).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Aubameyang rumours are surfacing again, with Sturridge on the way out, according to the Daily Express.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:59 pm wrote:Aubameyang rumours are surfacing again, with Sturridge on the way out, according to the Daily Express.

Can't see it myself, Aubameyang is 29 in June and Dortmund still want around 60 million euro's for him. That's not the type of signing we normally make. If he was on a free or he was available for a nominal fee then maybe yes but 60 million euro's? As I said mate i can't see it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:04 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:59 pm wrote:Aubameyang rumours are surfacing again, with Sturridge on the way out, according to the Daily Express.

Can't see it myself, Aubameyang is 29 in June and Dortmund still want around 60 million euro's for him. That's not the type of signing we normally make. If he was on a free or he was available for a nominal fee then maybe yes but 60 million euro's? As I said mate i can't see it.

wages would probably be huge too, but would love him here.

As you say, probably won't happen  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:20 pm

I would love him here myself but we've got other positions to consider first.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:58 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 pm

At least he is a DM  :laugh:
He is 28 now so maybe he feels he is ready for another crack in the prem.  He has apparently had a bust up with the manager and will be allowed to leave but there are others like Everton and Arsenal reportedly interested as well. The talk is that his buyout clause is 35mil so we might just have to pay that if we really want him.

Think we would be better off trying to unload Sturridge to another club in the prem as we would get more for him than Seville would be willing to give us as part of a deal. We should get at least what we paid back which is more than Seville will knock off N'zonzi's fee.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:28 pm

From the "Mirror"

"Sevilla's Steven N'Zonzi 'arrives in London for talks over future' amid interest from Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton"

Not sure about this fella, he looked pedestrian against us in Seville and was hauled off at half time.

His temperament is a bit questionable, he's apparently fallen out big time with his manager after being subbed against us.

Has flown into London without his clubs permission.

He's more brawn than brain,we could do with midfield "enforcer" but not convinced he'd be the right one.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 pm

He's an experienced pro who would definately give us a bit more presence in the middle of the park, I was rather hoping that we'd sign that lad Upamecano from Leipzig for that DM role though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 pm

If Coutinho is on his way out we'll need to replace him with a world class player. Di Maria seems to be on his way out of PSG, he would do.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 pm

aCe' » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:18 pm wrote:If Coutinho is on his way out we'll need to replace him with a world class player. Di Maria seems to be on his way out of PSG, he would do.

No thanks!  He's got eh backbone of a slug and was well and truly found out at Manure. PSG want rid because he's not half as good as everyone thought he was.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill