Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm

parchpea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm wrote:Rumour Klopp very unhappy with owners, picked his players to buy but told too expensive then Couthino issue.

Suggestion he considered walking away too.

Not too sure I believe that. £60m+ bid for Keita says otherwise. What can you do if the players club refuses to budge. Sure, we could offer £100m but this on a player with only real good season behind him in a top league would be insane.

I expect us to be in for Van Dijk in the next few weeks however concerned about Chelsea. Got a feeling they know VVD is burning his bridges at Southampton and they are waiting till the end of the windows to show their cards where Southampton may just want to get rid and their bargaining position may not be as good.
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:16 pm

parchpea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm wrote:Rumour Klopp very unhappy with owners, picked his players to buy but told too expensive then Couthino issue.

I honestly believe the sale of Coutts will start an internal war ala Rafa v twit and *****
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Report linking us with Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli as a replacement for Coutinho. Only 5'4 but tricky player with a good goal scoring record
Doeboy

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 am

Why would we wait till closer to the end of the window to go after Van Dijk ? I dont think it has anything to do with us wanting to negotiate the fee down a few mill; you have the captain of a side submit a transfer request and publicly declare he wants to join the club and our transfer committee are jeopardizing the deal over a few mill. I dont think so.

On players we could go for, I dont think we'll find a Coutinho 'replacement' anywhere. We're better off starting Salah and Mane and focusing on improving other positions in the side with the best players we can sign. GK, LB, CB, DM, ST. Add a backup wide forward when we lose Coutinho.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 am

Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 pm wrote:Report linking us with Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli as a replacement for Coutinho. Only 5'4 but tricky player with a good goal scoring record

great, if he's any good he can join Phil at Barca next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 am

aCe' » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:08 pm wrote:Why would we wait till closer to the end of the window to go after Van Dijk ? I dont think it has anything to do with us wanting to negotiate the fee down a few mill; you have the captain of a side submit a transfer request and publicly declare he wants to join the club and our transfer committee are jeopardizing the deal over a few mill. I dont think so.

On players we could go for, I dont think we'll find a Coutinho 'replacement' anywhere. We're better off starting Salah and Mane and focusing on improving other positions in the side with the best players we can sign. GK, LB, CB, DM, ST. Add a backup wide forward when we lose Coutinho.

I was referring to Chelsea waiting towards the end. We have ***** off Southampton so they may well be more inclined to deal with Chelsea than ourselves.
Even if VVD wants to move to us, if nothing has happened towards the end of the windows with a move to us, he will jump ship at Southampton and sign for Chelsea imo.

We may not find a like for like replacement for Coutinho but need someone in that mould. It's all very well signing these wide forwards but you need variety in attack and we will be need a player who can pick a defence with a pass.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:32 am

Jesus, I seriously hope that rumour is untrue, If Klopp goes FSG may as well sell up, no amount of open letters (*sponsored by our new official ink partners*) will smooth that one over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:07 am

Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:29 pm wrote:
aCe' » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:08 pm wrote:Why would we wait till closer to the end of the window to go after Van Dijk ? I dont think it has anything to do with us wanting to negotiate the fee down a few mill; you have the captain of a side submit a transfer request and publicly declare he wants to join the club and our transfer committee are jeopardizing the deal over a few mill. I dont think so.

I was referring to Chelsea waiting towards the end. We have ***** off Southampton so they may well be more inclined to deal with Chelsea than ourselves.
Even if VVD wants to move to us, if nothing has happened towards the end of the windows with a move to us, he will jump ship at Southampton and sign for Chelsea imo.

We may not find a like for like replacement for Coutinho but need someone in that mould. It's all very well signing these wide forwards but you need variety in attack and we will be need a player who can pick a defence with a pass.

Mahrez would be my pick mate, okay he's not as good a passer as Phil but he is very creative and he has given every team in this division problems. As a former winner of the PFA player of the year award as well we know he can handle the rough and tumble of the prem and won't need 6-12 months to settle in etc
More than anything else though he has proven that he is mentally strong, the year Leicester won the title a hell of a lot was put on his (and Vardy's) shoulders and to be fair to the lad he stood up to it better than a lot of our players did when we had our big chance in 13/14.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 am

Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 pm wrote:Report linking us with Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli as a replacement for Coutinho. Only 5'4 but tricky player with a good goal scoring record
That is one player capable of filling Coutinho's boots.. He's quick, Skillfull and has a eye for goal. He's more of a Winger than a CAM though which is where Klopp wants Coutinho to play this year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 am wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 pm wrote:Report linking us with Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli as a replacement for Coutinho. Only 5'4 but tricky player with a good goal scoring record
That is one player capable of filling Coutinho's boots.. He's quick, Skillfull and has a eye for goal. He's more of a Winger than a CAM though which is where Klopp wants Coutinho to play this year.

For some reason though Italian players seem to struggle in the prem, I don't know if it's the pace of the game in this country  or what but they never seem able to replicate what they do in Serie A over here. Mahrez would be less of a gamble imo.
Mahrez + Insigne would be nice though  :eyebrow
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:07 am wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:29 pm wrote:

Mahrez would be my pick mate, okay he's not as good a passer as Phil but he is very creative and he has given every team in this division problems. As a former winner of the PFA player of the year award as well we know he can handle the rough and tumble of the prem and won't need 6-12 months to settle in etc
More than anything else though he has proven that he is mentally strong, the year Leicester won the title a hell of a lot was put on his (and Vardy's) shoulders and to be fair to the lad he stood up to it better than a lot of our players did when we had our big chance in 13/14.

He is another one who's best position is RW though. Mane isnt the same player playing down the left and I'm not sure Salah will do enough to justify that position change. If we are going to go out and spend big money on a player to slot in his position we might as well bring in a Draxler, Pastore, Insigne, Lemar, B.Keita, Pulisic and that allows Mane to go back to the RW psotion.

I still think we would be better off going for the best available players though. Aubameyang stated he wanted to leave for the umpteenth time yesterday, surely Klopp can convince him to join. Rose is after higher wages, Matuidi is on his way out, etc. There isnt a shortage of good players in the market to be honest.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:03 pm

FSG are not going to pay out big money on a 28 year old Aubamayang. Rose is injured and even if he was fit, good luck getting a deal struck with Levy for a player they don't want to sell while at the same time trying to compete with Utd for him. Matuidi is on his way to Juventus by all accounts.
Doeboy

Postby kartiek » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 pm

I really hate to say this but I feel that Utd might have played it smart this window. They haven't gotten the best players but they're filling important cogs in their system while we sit around and hope for the "best" players who never come. Unless things change dramatically in the next few weeks in our transfer fortunes, I reckon we'll be ceding ground over last years' progress and Klopp will have to take the blame for this.  :down:
kartiek

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:FSG are not going to pay out big money on a 28 year old Aubamayang. Rose is injured and even if he was fit, good luck getting a deal struck with Levy for a player they don't want to sell while at the same time trying to compete with Utd for him. Matuidi is on his way to Juventus by all accounts.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the next 20-23 year old top class player who isn't wanted by any top club then.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:26 pm

aCe' » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:FSG are not going to pay out big money on a 28 year old Aubamayang. Rose is injured and even if he was fit, good luck getting a deal struck with Levy for a player they don't want to sell while at the same time trying to compete with Utd for him. Matuidi is on his way to Juventus by all accounts.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the next 20-23 year old top class player who isn't wanted by any top club then.

I think for where we are at the moment, it really is about picking up players that are maybe go under the radar somewhat. There are plenty of good players out there imo. Someone like Brandt, Insigne for example. If we wanted someone maybe a bit more established, we could look at someone like Lucas Moura at PSG, especially once the money bags have done their shopping and maybe wouldn't go for him. PSG may need to recoup some money for FFP and at 25, he is the kind of age where FSG would be prepared to pay up. Also think PSG wouldn't ask ridiculous money for him.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill