Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby eds » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:42 pm

only me » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 pm wrote:
eds » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:52 pm wrote:There is only one group of people responsible for Coutinho handing in a transfer request.

Not us, not Klopp or the players.

It simply boils down to the owners.

I hate saying this because it breaks my heart yet again, but little Phil needs to go. It's the only way the fanbase will unite and turn on the owners kicking them out of our club once and for all.

I knew they were parasites from the day they arrived. The bought the club for a bargain and have transformed it into a sickening business that will reap them astronomical profits when they eventually sell. And we as fans would have faced a decade of being uncompetitive for almost a decade.

yeh right lets unite against the owners that's our goal for the year..jeezus

As compared to seeing our club continually sell its best players and continue to be mediocre every season.

Go f**king support Neverton then, a small club with small ambitions.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:16 pm wrote:We should refuse to sell to Barcelona as a matter of principle anyway, they bought Mascherano off us for £17m when he cost us £18m to buy and when they bought Suarez the supposed makeweight in the deal Alexi Sanchez somehow ended up at one of our main rivals. They have taken the p[iss] out of us more than once and are still doing it now, £90m for Phil when Kyle Walker is worth £50m and Virgil Van Dijk £70m?
If we sell Coutinho we will start this season significantly weaker than we ended last season and that is completely unacceptable, especially when the likes of City and United have been buying players like they are going out of fashion.
Coutinho is under contract here until he is 30 and there is no buy out clause so there is no way he shouldn't still be a Liverpool player come September the 1st, its as simple as that.

Southampton probably say something similar about us, every summer.  It's part of football and I'd take £130m for Coutinho because I trust Klopp to replace him
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:47 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:21 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:16 pm wrote:We should refuse to sell to Barcelona as a matter of principle anyway, they bought Mascherano off us for £17m when he cost us £18m to buy and when they bought Suarez the supposed makeweight in the deal Alexi Sanchez somehow ended up at one of our main rivals. They have taken the p[iss] out of us more than once and are still doing it now, £90m for Phil when Kyle Walker is worth £50m and Virgil Van Dijk £70m?
If we sell Coutinho we will start this season significantly weaker than we ended last season and that is completely unacceptable, especially when the likes of City and United have been buying players like they are going out of fashion.
Coutinho is under contract here until he is 30 and there is no buy out clause so there is no way he shouldn't still be a Liverpool player come September the 1st, its as simple as that.

Southampton probably say something similar about us, every summer.  It's part of football and I'd take £130m for Coutinho because I trust Klopp to replace him

You trust Klopp to replace the lynchpin of our team in less than 3 weeks when we have spent the entire summer trying to sign Keita and Van Dijk with no luck? And if you can't see the difference between LFC and Southampton mate then I'm afraid I can't help you, but put it this way the day Southampton start spending big money on players and at least pretend to have some sort of ambition other than raking in cash then that's the day they can start complaining about other clubs poaching their players. When you have earned hundreds of millions selling players yet the most you have ever forked out on a player is £16m then I'm afraid you don't have much to moan about.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:47 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:21 pm wrote:

You trust Klopp to replace the lynchpin of our team in less than 3 weeks when we have spent the entire summer trying to sign Keita and Van Dijk with no luck? And if you can't see the difference between LFC and Southampton mate then I'm afraid I can't help you, but put it this way the day Southampton start spending big money on players and at least pretend to have some sort of ambition other than raking in cash then that's the day they can start complaining about other clubs poaching their players. When you have earned hundreds of millions selling players yet the most you have ever forked out on a player is £16m then I'm afraid you don't have much to moan about.

To be blunt, I don't rate Coutinho as world class. He spent months out injured last season and then stank the place out afterwards, regularly being subbed as he simply was sh!te. It's been a similar story in previous seasons too, with brilliant performances sandwiched by poor ones. In short, he's inconsistent and usually fails to turn up against the big teams. Now he's handed in a transfer request 24 hours before the season starts. 

Is he a bad player? No. But something like £130m for him is daylight robbery and - to reiterate - I trust Klopp to spend the money on quality.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Have you got stock in FSG or something and want to see the share price go up? Who are we going to sign in less than 3 weeks to replace him? Do you want to start next season with a weaker team than we had last year? Do you want to see another wash out CL campaign like 14/15?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:34 pm wrote:Have you got stock in FSG or something and want to see the share price go up? Who are we going to sign in less than 3 weeks to replace him? Do you want to start next season with a weaker team than we had last year? Do you want to see another wash out CL campaign like 14/15?

Fella, it doesn't matter who is in charge or where you are in the grander schemes of world football - when Real or Barca come calling you're facing a tough task of keeping your star players.

Take Manure for example....they couldn't keep Ronaldo when there were taking PL titles for fun. We won't stop Phil going to Barca.  The only thing we can do is try and keep him for one more season.

That said, I trust Klopp to spend a significant amount of cash. And if Phil downs tools and sticks his heels in, we'll have little choice but to let him go and replace him. Hopefully it won't come to that, but it's a case of when and not if Phil goes.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 pm

eds » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:42 pm wrote:
only me » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 pm wrote:
eds » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:52 pm wrote:There is only one group of people responsible for Coutinho handing in a transfer request.

Not us, not Klopp or the players.

It simply boils down to the owners.

I hate saying this because it breaks my heart yet again, but little Phil needs to go. It's the only way the fanbase will unite and turn on the owners kicking them out of our club once and for all.

I knew they were parasites from the day they arrived. The bought the club for a bargain and have transformed it into a sickening business that will reap them astronomical profits when they eventually sell. And we as fans would have faced a decade of being uncompetitive for almost a decade.

yeh right lets unite against the owners that's our goal for the year..jeezus

As compared to seeing our club continually sell its best players and continue to be mediocre every season.

Go f**king support Neverton then, a small club with small ambitions.

who the fck are you? You think we have a line of billionaires waiting to jump in? Signing Klopp is mediocrity? CL footie? Grow the fck up
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:34 pm wrote:Have you got stock in FSG or something and want to see the share price go up? Who are we going to sign in less than 3 weeks to replace him? Do you want to start next season with a weaker team than we had last year? Do you want to see another wash out CL campaign like 14/15?

Fella, it doesn't matter who is in charge or where you are in the grander schemes of world football - when Real or Barca come calling you're facing a tough task of keeping your star players.

Take Manure for example....they couldn't keep Ronaldo when there were taking PL titles for fun. We won't stop Phil going to Barca.  The only thing we can do is try and keep him for one more season.

That said, I trust Klopp to spend a significant amount of cash. And if Phil downs tools and sticks his heels in, we'll have little choice but to let him go and replace him. Hopefully it won't come to that, but it's a case of when and not if Phil goes.

You still haven't answered my questions.
Btw Coutinho is under contract until 2022 and there is no buy out clause, we are in an unbelievably strong position, we shouldn't be getting pressurised into anything. We only paid £8m for him, if he wants to sulk away the best 5 years of his career let him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 pm wrote:

You still haven't answered my questions.
Btw Coutinho is under contract until 2022 and there is no buy out clause, we are in an unbelievably strong position, we shouldn't be getting pressurised into anything. We only paid £8m for him, if he wants to sulk away the best 5 years of his career let him.

I don't know who we would replace him with. But I trust our manager.  And if Klopp sanctions the transfer then I'll trust him that he has a plan.

You're right, we shouldn't be getting pressured into selling. But then again, a player who signed a new contract a few months ago shouldn't be submitting a transfer request.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Klopp s plan was to build a team around Coutinho, we have got two wide players who's forte is running onto through balls, they aren't the type of wide men who get to the by line and get crosses in. We havent even got a centre forward we have a false 9 who is there to link up with Coutinho. Everything revolved around Coutinho.
Do you think Klopp can reshape all that in 3 weeks?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Reports now coming out the Coutinho camp that he has had issues with Klopp for the last 6 months.Think he needs to be careful not to totally alienate himself/burn his bridges here in a push to get a move, especially if Barca get Dembele and go cold on him. I read Kia Joorabchian is somehow involved with Phil so no surprise he will be pushing him to do anything and everything to get a move.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Doeboy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:16 pm wrote:Reports now coming out the Coutinho camp that he has had issues with Klopp for the last 6 months.Think he needs to be careful not to totally alienate himself/burn his bridges here in a push to get a move, especially if Barca get Dembele and go cold on him. I read Kia Joorabchian is somehow involved with Phil so no surprise he will be pushing him to do anything and everything to get a move.

Sterling pretty much word for word said the same things about Brendan when he was trying to engineer his move to City (playing me out of position, relationship broken down etc). Poor old Brendan took a lot of stick at the time, he sat there in press conferences and said he was bewildered by these reports about him falling out with Raheem but not many believed him, looks like it was just a standard tactic to get players out of clubs.
Hopefully FSG won't be as easily manipulated this time around, one bitten and all that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:17 am

It's all Steven Gerrard's fault. As legendary as he is, he doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut and put ideas in Coutinho's head...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Rumour Klopp very unhappy with owners, picked his players to buy but told too expensive then Couthino issue.

Suggestion he considered walking away too.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:04 pm

If that's the case then we need FSG out of our club before we lose one of the best managers in the game today.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill