PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 pm

only me » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:29 pm wrote:What's good having money If we are unable to use it? We have already 100+ right now on the table gathering dust...little Phil will need to sync or sink.

Yep, Neymar going has left Barca right in the shyte, they were already struggling last year even when they had him, they lost the title to Madrid and were extremely lucky to get past PSG in the CL after a 4-0 @rse kicking in Paris. Even after a Suarez dive dug them out of that little hole they still got battered by Juventus in the next round.
Now with just 3 weeks to go in the transfer window their one star player under 30 leaves them in the lurch and what do they do? They come over here, click their fingers and expect us to bend over backwards and let them have our best player (again). The fact that Coutinho has 5 years left on his contract and has no buy out clause means nothing to them because they know all they have to do is get the player to say a few words in the press, sit back and let our fan base do the rest (I'd take £100m plus Rakatic blah blah blah).
IMO anyone who says we should sell him must see this club as a fvcking doormat, well I'm afraid I don't, Barca can go and do one and Coutinho can sit in the stands if he wants, that clock counting down to the World Cup is ticking away though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:07 pm

So is he just going to sulk and stay out the team until he feks off to Barcelona?
I doubt his injured i think his set his mind and done here.
If injured how long is he out for??
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:24 pm

redshade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:07 pm wrote:So is he just going to sulk and stay out the team until he feks off to Barcelona?

Leave him in the stands and forget about him, we only spent £8m on him, if he wants to waste the best years of his career sulking on the sidelines then let him. I'd rather do that than be a doormat for Barcelona.
I suspect though that once the window closes Phil will be in our starting XI within a week or so, he'll react exactly the same as the likes of Suarez, Tevez etc and just get on with it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:40 pm

He should be made stay or we sue him for breach of contract. Sooner or later some club will have to do it because these contracts are getting worse by the year and players are running amok.
I'd say the southampton fans are pi$$ing themselves at all this  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm

I read that 8 weeks ago he sat down with Klopp and assure him he wasn't interested in leaving, obviously that was when no bid was on the table but if such a conversation took place then Klopp will rightly be annoyed. Klopp's words didn't fill me with confidence, effectively saying it's out of his hands. Sell him and we'll have an internal war on our hands.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm trying to think of a realistic option we could get in the nerxt 19 days if Coutinho leaves and struggling to be honest. You do wonder if maybe we could pick up someone from PSG seeing as they are spending a fair bit and may need to move on some players? Maybe Lucas Moura? Funnily enough he turns 25 tomorrow so would fit the right profile in terms of age. Tricky player and good at running with the ball. Was thinking of Pastore but at 28, not sure we would want to spend to big on him
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Hmmmm, looks like it could be happening unless theres nothing to it..

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/896489086567010305
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:25 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:24 pm wrote:
redshade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:07 pm wrote:So is he just going to sulk and stay out the team until he feks off to Barcelona?

Leave him in the stands and forget about him, we only spent £8m on him, if he wants to waste the best years of his career sulking on the sidelines then let him. I'd rather do that than be a doormat for Barcelona.
I suspect though that once the window closes Phil will be in our starting XI within a week or so, he'll react exactly the same as the likes of Suarez, Tevez etc and just get on with it.

I agree, it is a WC year and he cannot afford to not play his best.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:29 am

They were removing his posters and large cardboard stands last night from the store at the club so it's pretty safe to say he is gone

Most of us have been fans of this club a long time and have seen many big names come and go, I am not entirely surprised he is going but the way he/his agents have acted are pretty disgusting tbh

Just let the guy leave for as much money as possible, we will move on without him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:38 am

His good as gone but i agree with ysatbjy+++kamb point, mate why didn't you pick an easier name lol.

If we let him go then this cycle will just continue. Whoes next after Coutinho?? Mane perhaps.
I can guarantee Mane will excel last season he will score 15-20 Epl goals easy and gain more attention from the big clubs. Then he maybe will give us 1 more season before he gets lured.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:05 am

His poster was taken down in the club shop last night
Last edited by C-R on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:12 am

redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:38 am wrote:His good as gone but i agree with ysatbjy+++kamb point, mate why didn't you pick an easier name lol.

If we let him go then this cycle will just continue. Whoes next after Coutinho?? Mane perhaps.
I can guarantee Mane will excel last season he will score 15-20 Epl goals easy and gain more attention from the big clubs. Then he maybe will give us 1 more season before he gets lured.

I'm fine with Yakky or Yakka mate  :D

Re - this cycle continuing if we let Coutinho go
assuming these rumours about his picture being taken down from the club shop etc are true and Phil is on his way just look at what's happened over the last few years

2014 - Suarez leaves and signs for Barcelona
2015 - Sterling leaves and signs for City
2017 - Coutinho leaves and signs for Barcelona

That is 3 top players leaving within the space of 3 calendar years/4 seasons, whatsmore they would have all engineered their way out of the club by simply kicking up a bit of a fuss and watching the club cave in every time. An attrition rate like that is just not sustainable if you want to be a club that challenges for the top prizes in the game.
If we don't make a stand now when we hold all the cards in terms of length of contract and no buy out clause (not to mention the World Cup), when will we ever make a stand?
If we allow Barca roll up here with less than 3 weeks of the window left and let them ruin our season before it's even started then as far as I'm concerned the proud club I grew up watching no longer exists. We wouldn't be a football club we'd be a doormat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:19 am

All the money from those transfers and we still haven't solved the common problem when all three were still there. We can't defend for shyte!!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Liverpool cant retain players that are chased by the Spanish giants or the Gulf state teams in France and England, simple as that.

Until FSG decide to sell the club to people with the financial muscle that would allow us to use money to retain our best players and keep it sweet buying more then we will repeat the cycle over and over.

Liverpool need money and big money, even Barcelona cant hold on to a player now changing times, power shift.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Anthony B » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:05 pm

We have needed defenders for years now, I think American owners are the worst. All they are interested in is making money.Look at all the American owners, they haven't spent money on their clubs either. They are not football (soccer) fans, all the other clubs are owned by people whose country's play football, so they want good players and trophys. Was so looking forward to this season, Champions League, new players, with all that money from last season and players that were sold. Complete let down to all fans. I don't understand why they pursued Klopp just to stay in premier league, not to win, and be a club who has to rely on memories.
Anthony B
LFC newBie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion