Watford Vs Liverpool Sat 12th Aug 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:46 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:43 pm wrote:No offside for me, they get the benefit there, but definitely a foul on the goalie.

Still not an excuse for the shambles defending though. It's like we're stuck in limbo, reliving the same mistakes over and over again for years now. No improvement on the Liverpool of last season whatsoever.

No offside! You've got to be joking mate. Welcome back btw.

Cheers.

Like I said mate, it's only half a foot off, so they get the benefit. Refs don't get the slow-mo replay and screenshots like we do. The foul on the other hand should have been easily visible.

Doesn't change the fact that we're dire in defence, especially at corners. It's almost comical at times.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:00 pm

If that isnt enough to prompt Klopp into signing 3-4 first team players before window shuts then he deserves all he gets.

About time he got serious and saw what is glaringly obvious to everyone else, a powderpuff midfield and defence.

If Kloppo fails to act immediately then I think it will be pain and suffering for him this season.

Time he got his head from up his ***** FFS.
Last edited by parchpea on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:01 pm

parchpea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:00 pm wrote:If that isnt enough to prompt Klopp into signing 3-4 first team players before window shuts then he deserves all he gets.

About time he got serious and saw what is glaringly obvious to everyone else, a powderpuff midfield and defence.

If Kloppo fails to act immediately then I think it will be pain and suffering for him this season.

And us.
kartiek

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Have to say its a point earned rather than 3 thrown away because we never looked good enough to take the lot. As disappointing as it is cant say I expected a hole lot more given the line up and comical defending. Our midfield is poor and non existent and all we resorted to was hoofing it wide in the hope that salah or mane can get on the end of it. Awful tactics.
This is jurgens 3rd season and his 100th game in charge but that side today had only 4 players that he signed. 3 he paid for and a freebie so as much as todays performance was poor a lot of it has got to do with him and his insistence that they are good enough. He needs to dip into that transfer market quickly and get a CH a DM and a striker what ever the cost.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Ive yet to see anybody on or off here refer to the watford player getting treatment on the pitch in the second half, which added on to the extra time, from which they scored??
Is this the new thing then that players get treated on the pitch and time gets added on so they have a chance to equalise or even win a game?
:veryangry
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 pm

damjan193 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Cheers.

Like I said mate, it's only half a foot off, so they get the benefit. Refs don't get the slow-mo replay and screenshots like we do. The foul on the other hand should have been easily visible.

Doesn't change the fact that we're dire in defence, especially at corners. It's almost comical at times.

He was clearly off mate, the fact he was standing next to Mingolet practically on our goal line should have been a red flag for the officials. The linesmen were cr@p all game though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm wrote:Ive yet to see anybody on or off here refer to the watford player getting treatment on the pitch in the second half, which added on to the extra time, from which they scored??
Is this the new thing then that players get treated on the pitch and time gets added on so they have a chance to equalise or even win a game?
:veryangry

Take your point Thommo

BUT, fact is we were well below par and shouldn't have conceded as much as we did to Watford in the first place, no matter how much was left on the clock.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Completely agree with Carra here...

Carragher replied: 'You talk about Van Dijk and yeah, he's a good player, but it comes from the sides of the pitch and the way Liverpool set up.
'They play so high and wide that they have a centre-back exposed there all the time. One player's not going to change that.'
He added at full-time: 'Liverpool lose the ball and their centre backs are exposed, even if you have Franco Baresi there you are going to get exposed.
'It's almost impossible. What defenders can do that?' Van Dijk will improve it, yeah, but one man can't change it all.'
'If you want to challenge for the Premier League then you need to concede 30 or 35 goals, so they need to take 15 goals away. The manager has been there 18 months now but there has been no change.
'It's not rocket science how Liverpool concede goals, set-pieces and counter attacks. It's not just players making one mistake, the whole system looks wrong and set-pieces are a mess. They have been for a long time.'

Interesting her makes the point about Klopp being there 18 months yet we still have the same defensive frailities.
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:24 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Its like last season neber really ended. We really should have beaten these lot. Same ol problems another season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 pm

:down:

Most worrying thing is that in recent years with a one goal lead and just 5 minutes to go us Liverpool fans are unable to relax and are instead always praying for the final whistle.

We seem incapable of closing a game out and us fans know it.

Love Klopp's personality to bits BUT BUT BUT, I'm beginning to wonder if his "Blitzkrieg" footy is actually gonna win us anything    :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Franky000 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:03 pm

It's not klopp - considering he got us into the champions league with a poor squad is a testament to his management - what cost us last year was the lack of quality personnel to come in when everyone knackered out at the turn of the year. There is not much seperating us from the top dogs, which is why the lack of activity is so frustrating.
Last edited by Franky000 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franky000

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:04 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:55 pm wrote::down:

Most worrying thing is that in recent years with a one goal lead and just 5 minutes to go us Liverpool fans are unable to relax and are instead always praying for the final whistle.

Love Klopp's personality to bits BUT BUT BUT, I'm beginning to wonder if his "Blitzkrieg" footy is actually gonna win us anything    :(

Yup agree. Think Klopp is going to get a lot less goodwill this season with regards to our defensive game. He fully deserves praise for making us probably, alongside Man City, the most potent side going forward in the league. However the elephant in the room is this inability to keep the goals out and if it doesn't change this season, think people will be scrutinising him much more with regards to it. He again mentioned after todays game that we need to work on our defensive side of the game but he was saying the same numerous times last season but we just don't see real mark able  improvement.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:12 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 pm wrote::down:

Yup we are sh1tless scared of smaller teams now. Like last season i hate facing the smaller sides they make me nervous.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 pm wrote:Completely agree with Carra here...

Carragher replied: 'You talk about Van Dijk and yeah, he's a good player, but it comes from the sides of the pitch and the way Liverpool set up.
'They play so high and wide that they have a centre-back exposed there all the time. One player's not going to change that.'
He added at full-time: 'Liverpool lose the ball and their centre backs are exposed, even if you have Franco Baresi there you are going to get exposed.
'It's almost impossible. What defenders can do that?' Van Dijk will improve it, yeah, but one man can't change it all.'
'If you want to challenge for the Premier League then you need to concede 30 or 35 goals, so they need to take 15 goals away. The manager has been there 18 months now but there has been no change.
'It's not rocket science how Liverpool concede goals, set-pieces and counter attacks. It's not just players making one mistake, the whole system looks wrong and set-pieces are a mess. They have been for a long time.'

Interesting her makes the point about Klopp being there 18 months yet we still have the same defensive frailities.

It's not the system its the personnel, Spurs play exactly the same way we do but they had the second or third best defence in the country last year. In fact their fullbacks arguably play further up the pitch than ours do, the difference is that they have 2 rocks in Wanyama and Dier screening their defence whilst we have Hendo + another.
I do agree with Carragher though in the sense that I don't think Virgil Van Dijk will be the one man solution to all our problems, Matip and Lovren are actually not that bad, it's not often that they lose one-on-one duels in the air or on the floor it's just that they get very little protection.
We need to find our own versions of Wanyama and Dier, it's a pity Sakho is persona non grata, he might of filled one of the spots in our midfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games