Sky/Internet Generation Fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:29 am

They're on these boards in droves.

Definition: Exposure of football brought on by the Murdoch cooperation and in conjunction with the world wide web has picked up a new age footballing fan. One, who spits their dummies out and stamps their feet if things don't go according to plan; i.e. they turn on their manager very quickly (not even a full season, where even a cup has been won!)and are akin to Roman Abramovich and the demandings he places on his managers. Never mind that this 'new age' philosophy contradicts everything about Liverpool FC and its 'way' which affords patience and support when walking through a storm. No, that's irrelevant to the sky/inet generation fan - demanding instant success is their philosophy and no matter how great and iconic one is (Kenny Dalglish), they won't let this legend stand in the way of a good f.ucking witch hunt.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:39 am

Suchd patience is usually afforded if the manager/team shows some sort of promise. But I fail to see any at the moment Kenny. Not in our style of player, not in our outdated tactics, not in any of our signings (bar Suarez) and most of all not in the way the players themselves are playing.

People were booing at the game yesterday. Are those all sky/internet generation fans too then?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:44 am

It's just the world today, everything is now now now.

Carroll is starting to play well
Coates is starting to play well
Enrique wasn't that shabby a signing

Kenny has blamed the game on tiredness, which isn't good enough. He has his blinkers on and will never say anything bad. But the fans, booing isn't needed, doesn't help anyone. I wasn't happy with the game, no one was, and nor should they be. We are closer to the bottom than the top. but when I go to a game I won't boo, what's the point in that!

We have won one final, we are in another semi final. So we know the players can play. The strange thing is we seem more confident playing against a City or cheatski than against a QPR or Wigan. I have no idea why, but some fans (armchari supporting trolls mostly) need to get things in check.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:47 am

tubby » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:39 am wrote:Suchd patience is usually afforded if the manager/team shows some sort of promise. But I fail to see any at the moment Kenny. Not in our style of player, not in our outdated tactics, not in any of our signings (bar Suarez) and most of all not in the way the players themselves are playing.

People were booing at the game yesterday. Are those all sky/internet generation fans too then?

Do you think they were booing the players, or Kenny?

Secondly, their support yesterday was abysmal and that's coming from an armchair fan.

not in our outdated tactics

I love this one going around as a stick to beat Kenny with. As if our "outdated" tactics are something to do with a manager who has been out of the game sometime. For the most part of the season we've played some excellent football but have all too frequently failed to kill teams off. Yet, if playing one touch football is "outdated", I can't imagine what contemporary football is suppose to be like...
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:56 am

Theres no doubt that fans have changed over the years and we are victims of our own success.
I can understand impatience, frustration and anger, but I would seriously kick out anyone who boos.
Booing is a sh'ithouse act and opposite to what being a supporter is about. If you dont like it, dont go. Those who stand there like a cu'nt making noises to show their contempt should fu'ck off.
Its as simple as that
Thommo's perm

Postby Greavesie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:56 am wrote:Theres no doubt that fans have changed over the years and we are victims of our own success.
I can understand impatience, frustration and anger, but I would seriously kick out anyone who boos.
Booing is a sh'ithouse act and opposite to what being a supporter is about. If you dont like it, dont go. Those who stand there like a cu'nt making noises to show their contempt should fu'ck off.
Its as simple as that

I agree with this, I support LFC and can criticise the players as well discuss their shortcomings but I'd never slate them as far as some do.

I'm currently getting a lot of sh!t for supporting Liverpool but I will 100% remain dignified. One of the first things I learnt about supporting this club was to be humble in success and gracious in defeat. That's pretty much the one principle I follow anyway
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Its not changed that much because fans have always been upset when the
team is not living us to expectations.

Only difference is instead of grumbling to your mates you can come on here
or a radio show and do the same.

I am not quite sure what is to be gained from sitting back and saying nothing
whilst watching your team getting pumped every week. I would suggest thats not
loyalty but accepting failure and thats not something we should be doing at
Liverpool.

I bet you a pound to a penny there are plenty of opinions voiced within the
corridors of Anfield at every level and they will not be classed as traitors
or lacking patience for doing so either.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Kenny, I don't remember you answering my question (the one you highlight in your Sig)? After 5 loses in 6 games its pertinent to ask again, are Kenny's 2012 football management skills better than Woy's? Right now I'd say no. There are a hundred reason's why Kenny's a better man than Woy, but his football management skills appear to be lacking. I don't mind questioning or coming out with the words but I assume those who have either walked away from the forum recently or really dropped their posting share similar concerns.

Edit, just to get the record straight on one thing, when I started going on the Kop it was 1 quid to get in so stick the internet fan reference up your Khyber.  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:24 pm

the khyber pass and move, i presume.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:31 pm

Football Manager game turned everyone into f*cking experts.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Isnt this forum supposed to be about Liverpool and the football we play? It seems at least half the posts here are just insults and whining over whos the best or worst supporter.

The change in the attitude of supporters (if there really is one) is probably more about the rapidly increasing costs of beeing a supporter than the internet or sky. The internet has only made it possible for more people to be heard.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Yes primarily this is about Liverpool......................but we are allowed to talk and moan about other stuff.

It's generally what people do.

Flame wars keep peoples interest up.....................if we all agreed and were jolly friendly this would be dull as f*ck.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:28 pm

I just don't get why if a fan complains then it means they are not supporting LFC. We are upset because we care. I'm sure a lot of us are diehard LFC fan but at the same time, we need to be objective in evaluating our performances. I don't mind as much if we lose but the team need to show they had put in the effort. I don't think not putting in the effort and fight is the tradition of LFC. So, i believe fans has the right to voice out. The matter that made that worse is that we should be fielding the best team on the pitch but not by merit. How many games Hendo had played well but he keep getting the start. But you see players like Jonjo, sterling whom had shown quality and heart deserve the playing time. Just because we made an expensive mistake in buying someone like Hendo or Carroll doesn't mean we have to play them no matter what. If we go with the hot hand and held players accountable with their performances, i think this would create a healthy competition to keep everyone at their feet and I'm pretty sure our standard will not be where we are today. The fact that we keep starting those players would have a negative effect on the rest of the hard working players. Not sure if is the management or KK insist on playing them but fans will see it is the decision of the manager. What frustrated about our team is we can play great against the top teams and then shlt the next against bottom feeders on a consistent basis....So, which one is the real LFC team? A lot of the fans here in this forum had followed LFC probably most of their life. They are not some bandwagon fans who just hop in when they are winning. We all had been there both up and down. Everyone support LFC in here and the different view doesn't mean they are less of a fan. So, this subject of Internet Generation fans argument to me is really *****. They didn't have internet before, so how you do any comparison?
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 am wrote:They're on these boards in droves.

Definition: Exposure of football brought on by the Murdoch cooperation and in conjunction with the world wide web has picked up a new age footballing fan. One, who spits their dummies out and stamps their feet if things don't go according to plan; i.e. they turn on their manager very quickly (not even a full season, where even a cup has been won!)and are akin to Roman Abramovich and the demandings he places on his managers. Never mind that this 'new age' philosophy contradicts everything about Liverpool FC and its 'way' which affords patience and support when walking through a storm. No, that's irrelevant to the sky/inet generation fan - demanding instant success is their philosophy and no matter how great and iconic one is (Kenny Dalglish), they won't let this legend stand in the way of a good f.ucking witch hunt.

it`s not just us though mate every club has this generation of fifa 09 experts within their fanbase. look at arsenal, look at the dire, turgid $h1te they used to play under the likes of terry neill, don howe and even george `1-0 to the arsenal` graham. for years and years throughout football they were the team no one wanted to watch, they were the most negative, boring side you could ever imagine. wenger comes in and changes the whole philosophy of the club, suddenly the kings of knocking the ball long are the kings of knocking the ball short, they play some great stuff and with end product too, they win league titles, f.a cups, domestic doubles, league cups and even appear in a european cup final, what happens when they go through a bad spell? they take bin bags to the stadium to signify they arent prepared to watch this rubbish. those fans who used to go to highbury back in the day must have been shaking their heads in disbelief, surely the manager who built arsenal a side who went through the entire season unbeaten (the only other time that happened was in the 1880`s) and won the title deserves more than that?
not in the eyes of the modern football fan.
in the 1980`s there was a change in philosophy that was brought into the country by the thatcher government, greed was good, a me, me, me culture took hold, if you had to $hit on your workmates to make an extra few bob then that was cool, if someone needed to throw 3,000 people onto the dole to get their share price up a few pence then so be it, this was a new dynamic britain, no time for losers here.
this modern generation was brought up in that culture, you cant blame them really they know no different.
they know the price of everthing but the value of nothing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:41 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 am wrote:They're on these boards in droves.

it`s not just us though mate every club has this generation of fifa 09 experts within their fanbase. look at arsenal, look at the dire, turgid $h1te they used to play under the likes of terry neill, don howe and even george `1-0 to the arsenal` graham. for years and years throughout football they were the team no one wanted to watch, they were the most negative, boring side you could ever imagine. wenger comes in and changes the whole philosophy of the club, suddenly the kings of knocking the ball long are the kings of knocking the ball short, they play some great stuff and with end product too, they win league titles, f.a cups, domestic doubles, league cups and even appear in a european cup final, what happens when they go through a bad spell? they take bin bags to the stadium to signify they arent prepared to watch this rubbish. those fans who used to go to highbury back in the day must have been shaking their heads in disbelief, surely the manager who built arsenal a side who went through the entire season unbeaten (the only other time that happened was in the 1880`s) and won the title deserves more than that?
not in the eyes of the modern football fan.
in the 1980`s there was a change in philosophy that was brought into the country by the thatcher government, greed was good, a me, me, me culture took hold, if you had to $hit on your workmates to make an extra few bob then that was cool, if someone needed to throw 3,000 people onto the dole to get their share price up a few pence then so be it, this was a new dynamic britain, no time for losers here.
this modern generation was brought up in that culture, you cant blame them really they know no different.
they know the price of everthing but the value of nothing.

That would make a brilliant signature .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion