Penguins wrote:Dribbling/flair players

Liverpool            Manure

Torres               Ronaldo
Pennant?           Nani
                        Rooney
                        Giggs
                        Tevez
                        Anderson

This is the reason utd win the PL. Oppoents can's handle all that offense and skill.
We almost have no players that can dribble past players with skill, ball control and pace.

Only three of them were at manure last season, I agree we need more flair, but two wingers with flair would do the job in my view.

You don't scout out a player purely based on flair, you look for a number of attributes, Garcia had flair but he was lacking in many other areas.

Kewell has flair, he just hasn't been fit.

You could say Arsenal have more flair than us, but they are well short in other areas.

Winning a title does not depend solely on flair.
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:46 am

No, but I would say especially the PL is won by offense and attacking mentality. If you have the skill and quality in your attacking positions you've got one hand on the trophy.

Dribblers like Ronaldo can win million of penalties in the PL cause most defenders never opts for caution in this league.

I'm just saying a player like Tevez might not make Manure a much better team cause they have skill in aboundance for the attacking positions.
But for us Tevez would make our squad alot better.
To have only one striker(Torres) that can dribble past a defender with pace and a good 1st touch is pretty poor.

Kuyt for me should have the ball as little as possible and just stay in the box trying to get the ball in the net.
Bellamy does not even come close in having the ball control and skill to get past players.
Crouch is just too slow to do it but have the skill and Voronin is not that type of player.

I'll be looking forward to what wingers Rafa brings in cause we are desperate for great flair players.
We were pi$$poor last season to link our midfield with our strikers cause our midfield is so damn defensive minded.
And with Garcia gone the situation didn't get better.
Even with a couple of new wingers I'd be soo happy if we replaced Garcia with a top class attacking central midfielder.
Yes, a central midfielder. Cause we don't need 50 defensive central midfielders and seilling one of our defensive mid and getting a top class attacking mid would make my day and would bring better balance and attacking prowness from the midfield.

Just think Tevez was a great opportunity missed if he was available in a loan deal, especially since I believe he would be great behind the strikers.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:54 am

Arsenal have plenty of attacking flair, that didn't give them one hand on the trophy.

We need more attacking flair, but not to the extent that we need another striker, another centre mid and two wingers. The two wingers will do in my opinion. Leiva apparently has plenty of attacking attributes, Torres has plenty of flair. Crouch has flair, he's not pacey but he definitely has flair. Kuyt is effective, he may not have flair but he's effective.

I find it hard to see where Tevez will fit in now we have Torres. I'd like to see him play for us, but in reality I don't see it happening. That's not to say we're doomed because of it, we still have great capacity to challenge next season should we sign two top quality wingers.

I don't think you need two strikers who can do fancy stepovers to win the league, Torres will complete the balance in my view.
LFC2007

Postby whylongball? » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:18 am

you are quite right actually......i'am also of the opinion that we need 2 offensive wingers
whylongball?

Postby puroresu » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:58 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475502&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=4161&title=Tevez+to+seal+United+loan

Carlos Tevez has agreed to join Manchester United on loan - sources have told Sky Sports News.

The Argentine international is set to join United on a initial two-year term, with an option for a further three-year stay at Old Trafford.

It is reported that a United delegation has flown to Venezuela - where Tevez is with Argentina competing in the Copa America.

United want Tevez signed and sealed as soon as possible, so they have travelled to South America to conclude the deal.

United will be hopeful of concluding the deal within the next 48 hours.
puroresu

Postby roberto green » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Am i right or does this take manure's total spending to about 70m for the season?,I think if we would of acted quicker on tevez we would of had him.Im totaly peed off because all the build up to the season will be about sir nob head purple scottish nosed fergie and his team.Were is all our money?
roberto green

Postby Kopite187 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:12 pm

real shame that we didnt put much more serious interest into tevez.

oh well, the torres signing has actually eased some of my worries now that we have a capable young forward who can develop into something truely world class..but then again tevez is on the same boat...
Kopite187

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:02 pm

Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager: Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
Joanna: Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.
[flips off Stan]

Will Rafa start requiring minimum moves of flair per game?
JoeTerp

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:09 pm

nevermind tevez.... bring owen for 9 mill... quaresma for 15mill and mancini or vicente for around 20 mill... thats 44 mill...  and we have the strongest squad in the league and ook like serious title contenders....
maybe tke owen out of the equation and brings our spending to 35mill or so but to me, we can really use another forward because what if torres gets injured or kuyt has another craappy season ?! what if voronin is absolute :censored: and cant get a game... owen is proven and -injury prone or not- is one of the best forwards available in the market atm.... and with his release clause and all.. would be very dissapointed if any other big club sign him up.... just as i was wen i heard the tevez news.... missing out on top players for competition is never good...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:11 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager: Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
Joanna: Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.
[flips off Stan]

Will Rafa start requiring minimum moves of flair per game?

:D

flips off joetrap
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:12 pm

United will sign him on loan for two seasons with an option to buy after that (he is expected to undergo a medical in the next couple of days) , which is exactly the same agreement that we have with Mascherano. They will pay something like 4 million a year in wages for him ( don't know how much Mascherano is on ?)

The situation regarding West Ham was that they could have Tevez on loan for a season with an option to buy for ...40 Million after that, so despite Magnerson claiming that he was a West Ham player and contracted to them for 3 years he wasnt.

Concerning Mascherano, after two yoears will we pay what could be 20 Million for him to buy him outright , or try to take him on loan for another year or so ?

This could go some way as to explaining why , when many thought he would leave, that Momo was offered a new deal
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:20 pm

destro wrote:The situation regarding West Ham was that they could have Tevez on loan for a season with an option to buy for ...40 Million after that, so despite Magnerson claiming that he was a West Ham player and contracted to them for 3 years he wasnt.

Magnusson said Tevez was contracted for three more years, he wouldn't lie about that. They may have his registration for those years, but the ecomomic rights are still with MSI. There may just be a few problems in trying to ratify the transfer to manure given the current state of affairs - hence why the PL are scrutinising it. West Ham may ask for some part of the transfer fee, or may receive nothing, it depends on the paperwork.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:30 pm

Magnusson either was not fully aware of the details ( which, for a business man i find hard to believe ) or he lied to the West Ham fans, its that simple.

All this will come out in the next couple of days, he is not and never has been contracted for three years to West Ham, they will not receive one penny from the loan deal he will soon complete to Man U, they will have him off their wage bill but nothing else.

Except for the 30million he virtually single handedly gave them by keeping them in the Premiership

Man Uniteds argument to the PL will be "Liverpool did it with Mascherano "
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Not true, the registration rights and economic rights are two different things. When he says contracted he may mean the registration of the player, HOWEVER, since we do not know the EXACT agreement between him and MSI it's not possible to tell the exact state of affairs. For example, there may be a clause in West Ham's agreement with MSI that stipulates if a champions league club come in for Tevez then the agreement to hold his registrion is cancelled. MSI may have the final veto on the decision. I really don't think Magnusson would purposely lie, West Ham have his registration rights for three years, there is in all likelihood a veto that MSI have that enables them to cancel this agreement.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:50 pm

I never said that they are the same thing ?

They never had his registration of ANY rights at all, like i said all this will come out in the next few days.

Lie maybe to strong a word, he deliberately mis-lead the fans, sound better ?

They had him on A SEASON long loan with the option to buy him for 40 Million after that.

I am not really interested in the Tevez side of it or West Ham for that matter.

The reason i mentioned it is because the deal Man U are going to complete for Tevez is, EXACTLY, word for word the same deal as we have for Mascherano, so againi ask the question do we pay what could be 20 Million ( disclaimer) or do we take him on loan ( if we can ) for another year or two ?
destro

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill