Tevez - Here we go...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Javier Mascherano_20 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:40 pm

I think Tevez is off to Europe there is to much contraversy surrounding him in England.

Don't get me wrong i would take him at £12m.
Last edited by Javier Mascherano_20 on Sat May 26, 2007 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Javier Mascherano_20

Postby shanks » Mon May 28, 2007 10:29 am

tevez wants to stay in the premiership he is Quality we should try and sign him he is a proven goal scorer in the premiership if we dont act now real madrid will....
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Mon May 28, 2007 2:53 pm

benitez would really want to tie this deal up...he's the type of player that is suited for the system that benitez use
Elchris

Postby t-h-o-m » Mon May 28, 2007 4:03 pm

would be a great signing i think....
t-h-o-m

Postby redsince2001 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:38 pm

should be our #1 priorty target !!  get him 1st and go for wingers later ....if we don't act promptly Real Madrid or chelsea will definately sign him..... i think he would be a terrific signing !!! :)
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks » Mon May 28, 2007 10:15 pm

chelsea's cheque book is closed so we have been  told, tevez, Simão, Quaresma, and if there is any money left over from the sale of out bound players owen, the american's would have to break the bank to land these  Quality players, we are a big club there should not be beyond lfc to buy players who are  Quality we need to think big and act now....
Last edited by shanks on Mon May 28, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon May 28, 2007 10:32 pm

Sorry about where quotes are from, I got it from newsnow.co.uk:

Reds ready for striker battle    Mon, May 28 2007 10:52
Liverpool are set to battle it out with Chelsea for the services of Carlos Tevez, who looks set to leave West Ham.
The 23-year-old Argentinian international forward, who played an instrumental role in keeping the Hammers in the Premiership this past season, still looks likely to quit Upton Park this summer and he has already attracted interest from Chelsea and Real Madrid. However there have also been rumblings that Liverpool could be tempted to reunite him with his fellow compatriot and former Hammers midfielder Javier Mascherano.
Tevez's claims that he has enjoyed his debut season in the Premiership will no doubt leave Liverpool and Chelsea battling it out for his signature with a fee of up to £40million being mooted. Jose Mourinho's men would be marginal favourites as a move to Stamford Bridge would allow Tevez to stay in London, while he has already admitted to being flattered by interest from them.
He told The Sun: "I still don't know where I will play next season.
"Chelsea and Real Madrid have been talked about but I still don't know where I'll go. I'm staying calm and I hope everything gets resolved as soon as possible.
"I don't know if I'm worth £40m but it makes me proud that a club as important as Chelsea is interested.
"I don't have any preferences about where I'll play - my desire is to continue playing football and I don't mind if it's in England or in another league.
"One of the things I like most about English football is the contact you have with the fans. It's special to be able to celebrate goals by going to the crowd and hugging some of them.
"If I have to stay in England it wouldn't be inconvenient because I feel completely adapted. The last three months I felt really good in England, very comfortable."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crillylfc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:06 pm

clearly sir rafa doesnt want to sign tevez...he knows that there are 5,6 clubs after him....and if he wanted him he would have deffinatly put in a bid or something by now!!!IMO i tink rafas gona wait till the end of the la liga to start his major spending!!i am lead to believe rafas preferences lie in spain!!and he cant make a move for any valencia (david villa,david silva)seville(dani alves) or,barcalona(eto)players as they are still concentrating on the league!!
crillylfc

Postby Kopite187 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:19 pm

i seriously think tevez is the way to go...he surely woudnt be as much as eto`o and with the extra cash.. we can sign up some pretty dashy wingers..like quaresma or simao..

but we need to hurry up and buy some big name players !!
Kopite187

Postby babu » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 pm

crillylfc wrote:clearly sir rafa doesnt want to sign tevez...he knows that there are 5,6 clubs after him....and if he wanted him he would have deffinatly put in a bid or something by now!!!IMO i tink rafas gona wait till the end of the la liga to start his major spending!!i am lead to believe rafas preferences lie in spain!!and he cant make a move for any valencia (david villa,david silva)seville(dani alves) or,barcalona(eto)players as they are still concentrating on the league!!

holy cr@p dude. think. before typing.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crillylfc » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:43 am

oh yah..what ya tryin ta say??
crillylfc

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:03 am

United swoop for Tevez: Sir Alex wants Argentine star on year’s loan
EXCLUSIVE By BOB CASS - More by this author »

Last updated at 23:45pm on 9th June 2007

Manchester United have made a sensational bid to sign Carlos Tevez, the striker whose controversial move to West Ham cost the east London club a record £5.5 million fine for breaking transfer regulations.

Discussions have taken place between high-ranking Old Trafford officials and connections of Tevez, 23. Hijacking the brilliant Argentina forward from under the nose of north-west rivals Liverpool would eclipse even United’s recent £50m splash for Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson.

The deal, initially thought to be on a loan basis for at least a season,would depend on removing the complications which surrounded Tevez’s arrival at Upton Park last August from Brazilian club Corinthians.

The issues had deterred United manager Sir Alex Ferguson from taking up an option to sign the striker and his international team-mate, midfielder Javier Mascherano, when they were offered to United last summer.

‘Tevez was offered to everybody,’ said Ferguson. ‘We were offered both him and Mascherano but, if I remember it correctly, we weren’t sure of the deal.’

The controversial disciplinary action against West Ham raised a furore because the Premier League’s independent commission refused to impose a points penalty on the relegation-threatened club. Tevez built on that reprieve by scoring six goals in West Ham’s amazing run of seven wins in their last nine matches as Alan Curbishley’s team escaped the drop.

It included the only goal of the game against champions United at Old Trafford when the issue was settled on the final day.

Sheffield United were condemned to relegation instead and responded by threatening legal action.

Ferguson has been unstinting in his admiration for the part Tevez played in West Ham’s survival.

‘He is the one who lifted their game,’ Sir Alex said. ‘He scored a couple of really good free-kicks and seems to have a lot of enthusiasm.’

West Ham broke Premier League rules when they signed Tevez and Mascherano because the players were part-owned by a third party.

Mascherano has since joined Liverpool, whose manager Rafael Benitez is keen to reunite the pair at Anfield but who could be undone by United’s audacious swoop.

Tevez’s registration is currently held by West Ham, with whom he signed a four-year deal.

Technically that agreement still exists but the repercussions of the tribunal could mean Tevez is no longer bound by it and is, therefore, available on a free transfer.

The player’s future will be thrashed out at a meeting this week between his lawyer, Graham Shear, and West Ham’s legal team.

Kia Joorabchian, the Iranianborn British businessman whose company, MSI, own the economic rights to Tevez’s transfer, has yet to meet West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson and is currently in Buenos Aires on business with the striker, who is preparing to play for Argentina in the Copa America.

But Joorabchian has appointed Shears to negotiate on his company’s behalf after a planned meeting with Magnusson was cancelled last week. MSI will demand that West Ham reinstate the now-notorious clauses in Tevez’s contract which give the company rights over the striker’s transfer.

The Hammers claimed,following the disciplinary case against them, to have torn up that part of their original deal with Joorabchian, a move that prompted the Premier League to allow Tevez to play on during West Ham’s controversial escape from relegation.

West Ham want to discuss the possibility of keeping Tevez at Upton Park but that is an increasingly forlorn hope given United’s interest. However, in order for negotiations to begin between the clubs, the West Ham issue will have to be resolved.

West Ham’s negotiations with Joorabchian and Tevez’s lawyers may also impact on the forthcoming arbitration claim by Sheffield United, who requested a hearing over the player’s continued eligibility.

Joorabchian is likely to sue West Ham if the club do not reinstate his player’s contract, which allowed the businessman to dictate where and when Tevez could move.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:20 am

I'm afraid you are going to have to banned from the forum saint. This is all pure speculation/we didn't want him anyway/there is still one game to go in the Spanish League/he hasn't actually signed yet/where are the quotes/who is the source? never heard of him/you haven't actually got a carbon copy of any proposed contract so how could you possibly know/he isn't even owned by West Ham/where does it say that rafa was ever interested in him?    Is this a theory/your theorum/your prognosis/diagnosis/your thesis or your big Sis?

Now until you can answer all of these questions with bells on, you can feck off/never come on here again/you are clueless/ a numpty/ a bobo/ and ugly/you probably don't even have a season ticket anyway so your opinion is pointless and I'm a better supporter than you anyway. So nar nar nar nar nar you fecker.

Sorry about that saint I think all this anger must be catching. Anyway, what do you reckon on Man U signing Tevez ? :D  :D  :D Jeez i nearly forgot the smilies there, sorry mate.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:33 am

please tell me this is a nightmare...   tevez to manure   you better be kidding...

thats the last thing we need because if tevez goes to manure, they would take some stopping im telling you...  ???   

jesus i hate this time of the year...

bigmick...   you expect members to relax after this news if its true...  :D    :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:40 am

bigmick wrote:I'm afraid you are going to have to banned from the forum saint. This is all pure speculation/we didn't want him anyway/there is still one game to go in the Spanish League/he hasn't actually signed yet/where are the quotes/who is the source? never heard of him/you haven't actually got a carbon copy of any proposed contract so how could you possibly know/he isn't even owned by West Ham/where does it say that rafa was ever interested in him?    Is this a theory/your theorum/your prognosis/diagnosis/your thesis or your big Sis?

Now until you can answer all of these questions with bells on, you can feck off/never come on here again/you are clueless/ a numpty/ a bobo/ and ugly/you probably don't even have a season ticket anyway so your opinion is pointless and I'm a better supporter than you anyway. So nar nar nar nar nar you fecker.

Sorry about that saint I think all this anger must be catching. Anyway, what do you reckon on Man U signing Tevez ? :D  :D  :D Jeez i nearly forgot the smilies there, sorry mate.

Bl.oody hell ! Not a serious post from Mick hey, it must be something in the water, Sheeps blood ?  :D

Look I agree S@int should be banned for posting things like that, the thought of them signing Tevez really concerns me. It maybe an extreme piece of thought, but ManU are clearly trying to claim back there dominance of the Prem in the 90's, and as it stands now its Chelsea they'll be fighting it with, like it was Arsenal in the 90's. I just dont want us continuing finnishing 3rd and 4th year in year out.

It should be us signing Tevez, I'd throw all my eggs in one basket this summer if I wear Rafa and blow my budget on two top players, its what we need Tevez shouild be one of them. But I'm of the opinion Rafa doesnt like flambuyont players, more hard working ones. Yes he had Aimar in Valencia and Garcia here, but nobody else. I wonder if his train of thought is too English  and emphasized on physical power, rather than trickery and silky skills ...... surely not but Tevez has shown he can cut the mustard in th \e Prem and would be devastating at a team like us or ManU.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill