Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:11 pm

johnbarnes » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:25 am wrote:
Eagle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:13 pm wrote:If there is a chance to get Pulisic now I reckon it's worth it. In a couple of years time he could cost twice as much and we'd be competing with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, etc. Maybe a Keita like deal where we leave him at Dortmund for a year would convince them to sell this summer.

I still reckon we'll do one more deal for an attacking player whether it's Fekir, Pulisic or someone else.

Woodburn has now gone on loan. Perhaps this paves the way for new blood?
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... nited-loan

Sheffield United? It looked like he was going to Villa last week. That Wilder has done a good job with Sheffield United though so he should be alright there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Woodburn has now gone on loan. Perhaps this paves the way for new blood?
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... nited-loan
[/quote]

Sheffield United? It looked like he was going to Villa last week. That Wilder has done a good job with Sheffield United though so he should be alright there.[/quote]

May be a decision made down to footballing styles?
Bruce isn't the most flair / attack minded manager...
But more than likely it would have come down to money.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Owner John Henry's wife has apparently dropped a hint we are about to sign Nabil Fekir before the deadline.!?

My source : YouTube

:buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:33 pm wrote:Owner John Henry's wife has apparently dropped a hint we are about to sign Nabil Fekir before the deadline.!?

My source : YouTube

:buttrock

She liked a tweet.
Amongst other things the original tweet referred to the strength of the squad - so was she agreeing with that or the Fekir comment?
Who remembers JH's tweet regarding Reus years ago? PMSL
Would Reus even get into our starting 11 now?
---
Anyway Fekir would be nice - but FSG have yet to provide us with Icing on our cake and eat it.
That said - This summer looks like their best window since they arrived...
Onwards and upwards!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Considering the fella got as far as (according to rumour) giving an interview dressed in a Liverpool shirt it would be pretty harsh for the club to ditch him at the altar and leave him high and dry.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:19 pm wrote:Considering the fella got as far as (according to rumour) giving an interview dressed in a Liverpool shirt it would be pretty harsh for the club to ditch him at the altar and leave him high and dry.

Too right...
Can't help but feel that if he doesn't sign it's because we got a twitchy ar$e from the news that Alisson was available.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:19 pm wrote:Considering the fella got as far as (according to rumour) giving an interview dressed in a Liverpool shirt it would be pretty harsh for the club to ditch him at the altar and leave him high and dry.

Actually, I'd trust the club on this one. If they think that his knee would be a problem, then we shouldn't go for him. If it's just a problem of money, fair enough, we've already spent a good amount this summer as it is.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 pm

damjan193 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:29 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:19 pm wrote:Considering the fella got as far as (according to rumour) giving an interview dressed in a Liverpool shirt it would be pretty harsh for the club to ditch him at the altar and leave him high and dry.

Actually, I'd trust the club on this one. If they think that his knee would be a problem, then we shouldn't go for him. If it's just a problem of money, fair enough, we've already spent a good amount this summer as it is.

You'd think the club would have been well aware of his knee issues though mate, obviously no one is going to spend £50m on a crock but the fact we initially tried to drive the price down (instead of just walking away) suggests to me that his knee may not be quite as bad as made out. If it was that bad we would have just walked away, we wouldn't have bothered haggling.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:29 pm wrote:

You'd think the club would have been well aware of his knee issues though mate, obviously no one is going to spend £50m on a crock but the fact we initially tried to drive the price down (instead of just walking away) suggests to me that his knee may not be quite as bad as made out. If it was that bad we would have just walked away, we wouldn't have bothered haggling.

Would he have been passed medically fit to play in the French squad, if he has a dodgy knee!?

I don't recall seeing him clutching his knee or hobbling, whilst coming on as sub in most of France's matches.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Would he have been passed medically fit to play in the French squad, if he has a dodgy knee!?

I don't recall seeing him clutching his knee or hobbling, whilst coming on as sub in most of France's matches.[/quote]

They aren't risking 60m....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Anyone Reckon we might get one more sneaky signing before the deadline next week?

Another rumour..we are thinking about signing Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal. a decent box to box player! ?  Any truth in this one?

I don't think we need anymore midfielders at the moment.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Apparently some journo who's normally quite reliable tweeted last night that in terms of incomings our business is done for the summer. There's a few he expects to leave though (on loan or otherwise) - Ings, Grujic, Ojo, Markovic etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:58 pm

Still think we'll do the Fekir deal if Lyon are prepared to come back to the table and renegotiate.
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:18 pm

When is the deadline again?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:34 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:18 pm wrote:When is the deadline again?

Next thursday
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill