Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby only me » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:05 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:39 pm wrote:Forget this knee injury b*llox, I think we will still get Fekir, after the world cup, probably for 10-15m more than originally planned, but I think it will still happen.

Him and Shaqiri, as back up for our front three, plus Keita and Fabinho, then we could be knocking on the door of the title next season

Currently we still have Sturridge and Origi reporting back for training Monday, so maybe Klopp will instead utilise them more?

We aren't going to kick any door if we don't get our defense sorted out...We are missing a keeper and a top quality CB...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:54 am

Can't believe the season starts in just 41 days time. Been pretty quiet when it comes to transfers for all teams but expect would expect to see things pick up now we are in July.
Doeboy

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:27 am

It will go mad when worldcup is over
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Looks like we've decided to re-open negotiations with Lyon for Fekir. Not really suprised tbh like a few have said on here we've never really said we didn't want the player .. I think the Lyon President just wanted a bidding war so he's been playing games.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:36 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:39 pm wrote:Looks like we've decided to re-open negotiations with Lyon for Fekir. Not really suprised tbh like a few have said on here we've never really said we didn't want the player .. I think the Lyon President just wanted a bidding war so he's been playing games.

Maybe there was true to the rumors that Lyon wanted the transfer to happen after the 1st of July because of the financial fair rules.

Personally though, I wouldn't have him if the condition with his knee is really that bad. As good as he is, we don't want another Sturridge.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:14 pm

damjan193 wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:39 pm wrote:Looks like we've decided to re-open negotiations with Lyon for Fekir. Not really suprised tbh like a few have said on here we've never really said we didn't want the player .. I think the Lyon President just wanted a bidding war so he's been playing games.

Maybe there was true to the rumors that Lyon wanted the transfer to happen after the 1st of July because of the financial fair rules.

Personally though, I wouldn't have him if the condition with his knee is really that bad. As good as he is, we don't want another Sturridge.

Not sure about the ffp thing as he had been given permission to have a medical with us, 2 in fact :D and already did an interview for lfc tv so had no issue arisen he was ours.

Fwiw if the club really thought his knee was an issue he wouldnt have got that far and the door would be shut in his face.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:41 pm

Still think it'll happen. After the world cup he'll go on holiday and then return to the club and (probably) say that he wants to leave for LFC.  Would be shocked if he did anything else.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:46 pm

We just need three more signings I would say...
1. A keeper.
2. Attacking Midfielder
3. Back up for the front three (Ie: Shaqiri etc)

I don't think Klopp will sign another CB, as we currently have five VVD, Klavan, Gomez, Matip, Lovren. etc etc...

I think Jurgen will just rotate Matip and Lovren with VVD next season, Offload Klavan.

We could do with another left back as back up for Robertson, as we only have Moreno.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Mahrez off to City then.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:01 pm

redshade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:21 pm wrote:Mahrez off to City then.

Good signing for them but with Kevin DeBruyne, David Silva and Bernardo Silva already at the club it does look like they are trying to corner the market in AM's.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Mahrez and Jorginho deals done for City by the end of the week for 108m by looks of it.

Unless we get Fekir and at least one other decent attacker as well, I can't see us toppling Man City, anytime soon. Their squad was already frighteningly strong.

We need more quality than what we have, I hope Jurgen realises this.

We'll just be playing for 4th place again, if we don't get more quality in. Keita and Fabinho are both defensive minded midfielders primarily, if we get injuries to our front three, we are stuffed! It's Ings and Solanke again, unless he plans on using Sturridge or Origi.

We still don't have enough strength and depth to challenge for the league title.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:56 pm

It's quite clear to the club, manager and fans that we cannot avoid splashing big bucks on top players - and thats what we're doing and if Klopp has a 5 year plan to win the league then next season we need t come 2nd helped by a strong squad playing until the last minute of the last game - not what happened this season. There is no evidence that this is NOT the plan, it' now or never.

So stop repeating the same message, we get it.  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:24 pm

OK no probs, just panicking a bit as the Fekir deal went sour, and I hope it still goes through.

On a different note, if Sturridge could stay injury free next season, would it be a good idea to use him as a squad player for backup for our front three!? He has his critics, but we could definitely use him IF he stays fit.

Either that, or we start embedding Woodburn, Ryan Kent into the first team squad. Either option would save us £££ in transfer fees.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Sturridge injury free for a season  :laugh:  He won't even get through pre-season and besides he is clearly not a player Klopp will play so get rid in favour of someone he will. There is a few reports from Turkish sources saying that Besiktas are interested in him but not for the £15 million we want  :lookaround  If they are willing to pay 5 then snap their hand off.

The season before last Origi played more games than anyone else in our squad and it was his second season hitting double figures but it still wasn't enough to guarantee any playing time last year so he went on loan. The club preferred Solanke and that could be the case again.

Incomings and outgoings have been really slow thus far. We need to cut our losses and move the deadwood or else risk them running down their contracts because they are only worth what the buying club is willing to pay. We should take what we can before we get nothing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:01 pm wrote:
redshade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:21 pm wrote:Mahrez off to City then.

Good signing for them but with Kevin DeBruyne, David Silva and Bernardo Silva already at the club it does look like they are trying to corner the market in AM's.

He will be a good signing for them but don't think they are signing A'M's just for the sake of it. They will need all of them as they will want to win every competition they can.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill