Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:32 pm wrote:Apparently some radio station in Stoke is saying that we have triggered Shaquiri's release clause (believed to be £12.5m), according to reports he's going to have his medical after the WC.
Don't know how reliable these rumours are like.

Edit - the Echo has just rubbished the reports, they say we are interested but we haven't triggered his buy out clause.

What would be the logic in signing him!? He is not going to win you the champions league or league title, never played for a big club.

Tells you the whole story. He has afew tricks up his sleeve, so did Emre Can.

Not what we require.

Well in those games where we bought on Ings and Solanke last season or rotated them into the side we would instead be using Shaqiri. Pretty sure that would have added added a few points to our league total last season. And paying less than £15mil for him will allow us to spend bigger elsewhere.

P.S. I'd say Bayern Munich and Inter Milan are big clubs.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:07 am

Linked with a young Brazillian player called Lucas Paqueta today. He made the provisional squad for Brazil but didn't make the final cut. He's only 20 and looks brilliant on the ball, like a young Ronaldo (Cristiano). It would be a risk spending £40m on a unproven 20 year old, but he looks like he has huge potential. We could be even buying the new Ronaldo, or the new Markovic.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:24 am

Eagle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:33 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:32 pm wrote:Apparently some radio station in Stoke is saying that we have triggered Shaquiri's release clause (believed to be £12.5m), according to reports he's going to have his medical after the WC.
Don't know how reliable these rumours are like.

Edit - the Echo has just rubbished the reports, they say we are interested but we haven't triggered his buy out clause.

What would be the logic in signing him!? He is not going to win you the champions league or league title, never played for a big club.

Tells you the whole story. He has afew tricks up his sleeve, so did Emre Can.

Not what we require.

Well in those games where we bought on Ings and Solanke last season or rotated them into the side we would instead be using Shaqiri. Pretty sure that would have added added a few points to our league total last season. And paying less than £15mil for him will allow us to spend bigger elsewhere.

P.S. I'd say Bayern Munich and Inter Milan are big clubs.

Exactly, for the second season in a row the wheels fell off our league form during the run in, anytime Jurgen tried to give one of our front 3 a rest we looked toothless. No one is saying that Shaquiri is the second coming of Diego Maradona, what people are saying is that Shaquiri is good enough to come off the bench and make an impact.
Shaquiri can go past a man, he can spot a pass, he can shoot from long range and he can score a goal.
Yes we'd all love to be like Real Madrid and have players like Bale and Kovacic sitting on our bench but we have to be realistic, if we can upgrade our bench for £12m we'd be stupid not to do so.
Put it this way when Mo was walking off that pitch in Kiev holding his shoulder I would have much rather seen Shaquiri coming on than Lallana.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:07 am wrote:Linked with a young Brazillian player called Lucas Paqueta today. He made the provisional squad for Brazil but didn't make the final cut. He's only 20 and looks brilliant on the ball, like a young Ronaldo (Cristiano). It would be a risk spending £40m on a unproven 20 year old, but he looks like he has huge potential. We could be even buying the new Ronaldo, or the new Markovic.

The kid has played a total of, what, 30 senior games? And has scored like 5 goals in his career and he's suddenly worth £40m? We'd be mad to pay that amount for the kid. He might turn out great but at this point it's far too risky and there are far more proven players for that sort of money.

As for Shaqiri, I'm not very excited with the links. Good enough squad player for a decent amount, but I just don't like the guy.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:55 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:05 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:07 am wrote:Linked with a young Brazillian player called Lucas Paqueta today. He made the provisional squad for Brazil but didn't make the final cut. He's only 20 and looks brilliant on the ball, like a young Ronaldo (Cristiano). It would be a risk spending £40m on a unproven 20 year old, but he looks like he has huge potential. We could be even buying the new Ronaldo, or the new Markovic.

The kid has played a total of, what, 30 senior games? And has scored like 5 goals in his career and he's suddenly worth £40m? We'd be mad to pay that amount for the kid. He might turn out great but at this point it's far too risky and there are far more proven players for that sort of money.

As for Shaqiri, I'm not very excited with the links. Good enough squad player for a decent amount, but I just don't like the guy.

I seem to remember we were linked with Shaqiri before and he turned us down.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:28 pm

kazza » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:55 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:05 pm wrote:

I seem to remember we were linked with Shaqiri before and he turned us down.

He wanted to sign for us but Bayern wouldn't let him go. According to SSN our interest in him has apparently cooled anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:07 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:07 am wrote:Linked with a young Brazillian player called Lucas Paqueta today. He made the provisional squad for Brazil but didn't make the final cut. He's only 20 and looks brilliant on the ball, like a young Ronaldo (Cristiano). It would be a risk spending £40m on a unproven 20 year old, but he looks like he has huge potential. We could be even buying the new Ronaldo, or the new Markovic.

He looks more like Neymar to me, I'd love us to sign him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Shaqiri at 12m is a bargain, although I'm not a big fan, but we need to aim higher and sign some big guns.

After the Fabinho and Keita signings, I think Klopp will only sign maybe one or two more players max.
He has to get an attacking midfielder and cover for the front three defo.

Maybe shaqiri and Fekir, if the deal can still be made, should be enough.

Then it's just a case of who is going the other way and exiting the club, ie : Lallana, Ings, milner etc.

We still have our players out on loan last season to consider recalling, Origi, Sturridge, Ryan Kent etc.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:03 pm wrote:Shaqiri at 12m is a bargain, although I'm not a big fan, but we need to aim higher and sign some big guns.

After the Fabinho and Keita signings, I think Klopp will only sign maybe one or two more players max.

Then it's just a case of who is going the other way and exiting the club, ie : Lallana, Ings, milner etc.

We still have our players out on loan last season to consider recalling, Origi, Sturridge, Ryan Kent etc.

It sounds like we've cooled our interest in both Fekir and Shaquiri, this lad from Brazil looks promising but as damjan mentions he hasn't played that many games, despite his inexperience though he has been heavily linked with Real Madrid and Man City and nearly made the Brazil WC squad as well so he's obviously highly rated.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:56 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:16 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:03 pm wrote:Shaqiri at 12m is a bargain, although I'm not a big fan, but we need to aim higher and sign some big guns.

It sounds like we've cooled our interest in both Fekir and Shaquiri, this lad from Brazil looks promising but as damjan mentions he hasn't played that many games, despite his inexperience though he has been heavily linked with Real Madrid and Man City and nearly made the Brazil WC squad as well so he's obviously highly rated.

The scouts and our manager are paid money to spot talents like this. If we are to compete with the money clubs we need to take some calcukated risks. AC Milan used to sign up and coming players like Kaka, Dida, Pato, etc when they were unknown...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:32 am

The state of transfer fees has got so high that 40million for up and coming potential is probably right. I mean 200 for Neymar means this kid is 20 percent of that, makes Shaqiri at 15 seem like garage sale prices and probably a decent squad filler. I never particularly liked him but always saw his talent but at that price we should go for it. The fact that he is priced so low and no one has snapped him up is curious though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:28 am

The lad is only 20 and hasn't played that many games but he doesn't lack confidence

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=78g5LBw1bz8

Don't get me wrong im not saying he is the finished article but the raw materials are definitely there for him to develop into another Coutinho or even Neymar. One downside though is that you do get the sense that we won't be his final destination, he's got Barcelona or Real Madrid written all over him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:59 am

He'll be 21 in August. In all honesty most future Brazilian super stars get picked up by European clubs while they're still in their teens or they are at least in the Brazil team. Real Madrid have just bought 2 Brazilian teenagers for £40 mil each. .
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Apparently David Maddock of the Mirror has rubbished the reports anyway, he says we are not interested in him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:51 pm

maguskwt wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:16 am wrote:

The scouts and our manager are paid money to spot talents like this. If we are to compete with the money clubs we need to take some calcukated risks. AC Milan used to sign up and coming players like Kaka, Dida, Pato, etc when they were unknown...

Scouting department  :laugh: do we even have one anymore ? Personally I think we just contact agents and see who is on their books and that would explain why we top the agent fees list every year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill