Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 pm

There is an interview with Zidane on YouTube where he says that he doesn't normally like talking about other clubs players but Mo is a player that he likes a lot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:37 pm

If we dont change our stance on selling our best players we are NEVER going to consistently challenge for the EPL or the CL - we will be permanent "also rans". We are "known for selling"...and how consistent have we been?  So to change the inconsistency logically what do FSG have to do sooner rather than later ?

Or ..they should sell up and get out and let someone who is serious about being winners take over sooner rather than later.

Even if we got 200m for Salah then we have to hope/pray that we unearth another superstar..as FSG will NEVER spend that on an established star...right now Salah is arguably the best player in the world on current form so who do you buy?

Talk of selling him is just ridiculous. If it happens even at the end of 2019 we will again end up as challengers for fourth at best the following season. Rinse - repeat -ad nauseum

We need to find replacements for Ings, Solanke et al yet never mind hunting for the next  "potential Salah"- the odds would be very much against it...
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:54 pm

FSG won't spend money on established players?  :Oo:

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:05 pm

Mate, I said they would never spend that (i,e the 200m) on AN (singular) established player (star) - and more importantly who could you buy thats any where near Mo's standard at the moment.

75m is a litle more than a third of that and of course it was a great job getting VVD in..
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:28 pm

electrum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 pm wrote:Mate, I said they would never spend that (i,e the 200m) on AN (singular) established player (star) - and more importantly who could you buy thats any where near Mo's standard at the moment.

75m is a litle more than a third of that and of course it was a great job getting VVD in..

Spending that sort of money is madness, in my opinion. But it goes both ways, we need to win silverware if we want world class players to stay. Hopefully a CL title will do just that...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:22 pm

electrum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 pm wrote:Mate, I said they would never spend that (i,e the 200m) on AN (singular) established player (star) - and more importantly who could you buy thats any where near Mo's standard at the moment.

Mo wasn't at Mo's standard when he arrived so...
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:19 pm

My point is...what are the chances of us finding a Mo Salah type rough diamond every time we sell the glittering, polished end product..?
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:26 pm

electrum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:19 pm wrote:My point is...what are the chances of us finding a Mo Salah type rough diamond every time we sell the glittering, polished end product..?

Is this another 'we're selling Mo Salah post'? I haven't read the previous posts
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:50 pm

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, PSG and Juventus are the only clubs who have spent more on a single player. The first 3 make about £200mil more than us every year and even then Barcelona only make the list because they spent the Neymar money on Coutinho and Dembele. PSG are owned by a country. And Juventus only make the list because they spent the Pogba money on Higuain.

I really don't think FSG are telling Klopp how to spend what's available. Klopp has said time and time again that it's not about the price or the name. It's about signing the right player. And that could be van Djik for £75mil or Robertson for £8mil. Keita for £60mil or Klavan for £5mil. Klopp will have some sort of budget which will be relative to our revenue and it's up to him how he wants to spend it.

But those people who want us to spend big just because it gives them a hard on will probably end up disappointed. That just isn't the Klopp way.
Eagle

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:36 am

We don't need to spend like the money bag clubs. But we need to spend an appropriate amount and be decisive in our transfer dealings. This didnt happen until last summer. And under Klopp we been doing pretty well in the transfer market. Most of the players we bought have been contributing to the quality of the first team. Whether it is down to coaching, having an eye on right type of players, who knows. I give credit to Klopp cause he seems to know what he wants. But, we can't stop now. I believe we are only half way in the rebuilding if we want to be serious in challenging the league. Our midfield quality is still poor. Need some reinforcements in defence. May need a better keeper. And we can't just rely on our fab three up front for a whole season. Fans and supporter will be looking at this summer to see how Klopp will futher strenghten this team. If the strengthening is not enough, there will be voices questioning how ambitious we are, and rightly so...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:55 am

I think we can bring in big money signings in now that the foundations have been set. I think we have a team already that can challenge for trophies, but with 1 or 2 world class players we could win the league imo.

We have Keita coming in already so if we add say Oblak, Dybala and Koulibaly then I think we'd be more than capable of winning the league..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Ruben Neves spotted in Liverpool this morning. Could just be doing some shopping or could be here to sort some transfer business out !
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 03, 2018 6:00 am

Gareth Bale seen on Merseyrail at Moorfields.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:23 am

Reg » Thu May 03, 2018 5:00 am wrote:Gareth Bale seen on Merseyrail at Moorfields.

We'd be fkin mad to consider him - more sick days than Darren Anderton of old....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Thu May 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Linked to Pulisic again today be surprised if hes not a genuine target, biding our time.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill