Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 am

'Hey boss, Yakka thinks we should buy Pogba!'

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:35 pm

The likes of the Express and the Mirror seem to think that Jorginho and Lemar will be signing for us this summer. Apparently Jorginho liked an online article which was explaining why he'd be a perfect fit for our midfield so they could well be right.

Keita.         Jorginho

Lemar

Mane.             Firmino.           Salah

Not too shabby.......
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 pm wrote:The likes of the Express and the Mirror seem to think that Jorginho and Lemar will be signing for us this summer. Apparently Jorginho liked an online article which was explaining why he'd be a perfect fit for our midfield so they could well be right.

Keita.         Jorginho

Lemar

Not too shabby.......

Assuming Mo is here next season  :glare:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:39 pm

I'm not so sure we'll be in for Lemar this summer. With Keita coming in we're well stocked with CMs who can break from midfield and link with the front 3. I know he can also play in the front 3 but he's a CM who can play in the front 3 while what we need is a front 3 player who can play as a CM when we need extra creativity. If we're spending 70-100mil on a player I'd rather go for Christian Pulisic.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Also think Quincy Promes is worth another look. He was close to joining Southampton for around 20mil in Jan. I know he's in the Russian league but he's got excellent numbers, gets in the Dutch team, is in his mid 20s, and can play all across the front 3. At 20mil he would be excellent cover for the front 3 replacing the likes of Ings and Solanke. I think we need to buy 2 players who can play in the front 3 if someone gets injured for a few months. We have no credible options at the moment.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:37 am

Not sure about Promes, seems  big fish in a small pool where defenders give him way too much time but for 20 million I don't think we'd lose money regardless. He's under contract until 2021.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:08 am

Eagle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 pm wrote:I'm not so sure we'll be in for Lemar this summer. With Keita coming in we're well stocked with CMs who can break from midfield and link with the front 3. I know he can also play in the front 3 but he's a CM who can play in the front 3 while what we need is a front 3 player who can play as a CM when we need extra creativity. If we're spending 70-100mil on a player I'd rather go for Christian Pulisic.

Lemar is actually more of a flair player and isn't what we need in our midfield at the moment. With the departure of Coutinho, we lost some creativity but our team looks far more balanced now and defensively more sound and I don't think we should be looking to disrupt that. As you said mate, we already have enough CMs who can break from midfield and link with the front 3 in Keita, Chamberlain, Milner, Lallana etc. but who can also do a defensive job as well. I'd much rather concentrate our limited resources on a new deep-lying midfielder and two quality back-ups for the front three.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:23 am

If I were playing football manager :D I'd sign Jorginho, Sessegnon from Fulham who can be cover for both LB and LW, and maybe not many would agree with me, but I'd sign someone like Jamie Vardy, an experienced out and out striker who can play as back-up for Firmino.

This is my team:

Karius/Ward

Clyne/TAA.      Lovren/Matip.                 VVD/Klavan.    Robertson/Gomez

Jorginho/Henderson
                   Chamberlain/Milner             Keita/Wijnaldum

Salah/Lallana.                       Mane/Sessegnon
                                                Firmino/Vardy

Like I said, Sessegnon can cover for both LB and LW and with his speed he can very much help us as an impact sub as well. As can Vardy with his experience and poacher skills that we don't exactly have at the moment. He can come in as a straight swap for Firmino, or, if we're desperate for goals, he can come in instead of some of the CMs, with Firmino right behind him.

All three players can be signed from the Coutinho money alone IMO. Obviously, we don't need to sign EXACTLY these three, but we should definitely be looking at similar players.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:35 pm wrote:The likes of the Express and the Mirror seem to think that Jorginho and Lemar will be signing for us this summer. Apparently Jorginho liked an online article which was explaining why he'd be a perfect fit for our midfield so they could well be right.

Keita.         Jorginho

Lemar

Not too shabby.......

That's the "dream" team right there matey. It would be great to see that line up next season. Lemar is definitely a goalscorer, and we need more goals from midfield areas in case our front three get injured. But jorginho and Lemar signing for us will require substantial outlay in transfer fees and I'm not sure our club will pay such vast sums.

We do need back up for our front three, in case of injury lay offs etc, as solanke and Ings are not of the required standard.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:30 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:02 pm wrote:I think we should consider putting in a sneaky bid for Pogba

No chance. :)

He's lazy, slow and would not fit into our high tempo style of play.

Bad mistake.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:19 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 pm wrote:The likes of the Express and the Mirror seem to think that Jorginho and Lemar will be signing for us this summer. Apparently Jorginho liked an online article which was explaining why he'd be a perfect fit for our midfield so they could well be right.

Keita.         Jorginho

Lemar

Not too shabby.......

Can't complain, though that midfield would need to contribute goals, when the front 3 aren't there we struggle for goals (which is understandable given how good the 3 are but we still need players chipping in when they're rested/injured).

Jorginho done an interview effectively ruling out Maureen's style of football. He spoke about wanting to play in a high temp style which lead to speculation about us and City.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:21 pm

It seems there are various reports today linking us to Ruben Neves ,apparently we already have a deal in place for the gifted midfielder .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:21 pm wrote:It seems there are various reports today linking us to Ruben Neves ,apparently we already have a deal in place for the gifted midfielder .

I remember we were linked with him when Rodgers was in charge. He's certainly the quarter back number 6 type player it looks like Klopp is after. No way he should be at Wolves.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Klopptomaniac » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:19 am wrote:

Keita.         Jorginho

Lemar

Not too shabby.......

Can't complain, though that midfield would need to contribute goals, when the front 3 aren't there we struggle for goals (which is understandable given how good the 3 are but we still need players chipping in when they're rested/injured).

Jorginho done an interview effectively ruling out Maureen's style of football. He spoke about wanting to play in a high temp style which lead to speculation about us and City.

I suppose Lemar could double up as a wide forward as well giving Jurgen the option to rotate without losing much in terms of quality. We have been incredibly lucky with injuries since January but we can't rely on luck forever.
Lemar hasn't set the world alight this year though it does have to be said, if Monaco are still asking ridiculous money for him then we should be prepared to look at the likes of Pulisic or Draxler instead.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Eagle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:42 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:21 pm wrote:It seems there are various reports today linking us to Ruben Neves ,apparently we already have a deal in place for the gifted midfielder .

I remember we were linked with him when Rodgers was in charge. He's certainly the quarter back number 6 type player it looks like Klopp is after. No way he should be at Wolves.

I wouldn't mind Ruben Neves at all. A very good playmaker...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill