Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:07 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:55 pm wrote:According to our clubs official website, LFC are close to agreeing a deal to sign Thomas Lemar!?? According to some french reports.

Let's hope so. Him and Keita next season will be EPIC.

Lemar ... You tw@t..

Your an angry person mate, full of poison. Chill out dude. :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 5:27 pm wrote:Keane is just an average Mathew Upson style plodder, we have better players already at the club, I'd be gutted if we got him. Don't want Salah either, he's okay but nothing special, I'd rather we went for Traore from Boro or Redmond from Southampton.
The managers change but the underwhelming names don't.

:blush:
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:13 am

Eagle » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:09 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 5:27 pm wrote:Keane is just an average Mathew Upson style plodder, we have better players already at the club, I'd be gutted if we got him. Don't want Salah either, he's okay but nothing special, I'd rather we went for Traore from Boro or Redmond from Southampton.

Now show me your post where you predicted he will score 40 goals this season, I don't think anyone thought Salah would have the impact that he has had, not even Jurgen.
Btw as crazy as this sounds I'm still not 100% convinced about him, don't get me wrong he is obviously a good player but his numbers are so freakish it does tend to point to a one off season. I've seen the likes of Clive Allen and Marcus Stewart do a similar thing.
How many think he will do the same thing next season? Personally I don't think he will, if he did the same next season he'd be entering Messi/Ronaldo territory and whilst he is good I'm not convinced he is that good.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:46 am

No body predicted Salah would be this good, and I don't mean just the fans, I mean NOBODY. Even in the first few games people were calling him out on how he's too slow in possession, lacks end product etc.

However, I doubt this is a one off season for him. He might not reach the heights he reached this season (emphasise on might), but he'll still be a 20 goals a season player. I have no doubt he'll be our top player again next season and the seasons to come.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:05 pm

damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:46 am wrote:No body predicted Salah would be this good, and I don't mean just the fans, I mean NOBODY. Even in the first few games people were calling him out on how he's too slow in possession, lacks end product etc.

However, I doubt this is a one off season for him. He might not reach the heights he reached this season (emphasise on might), but he'll still be a 20 goals a season player. I have no doubt he'll be our top player again next season and the seasons to come.

Yeah he'll probably still get around the 20 mark which is still an exceptional number for a player who is not an out-and-out centre forward. Unfortunately though guessing how many he'll score next season might be an academic exercise because If he gets well over 40 goals this season and backs that up with a good World Cup we might struggle to hold on to him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 am wrote:
Eagle » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:09 pm wrote:

Now show me your post where you predicted he will score 40 goals this season, I don't think anyone thought Salah would have the impact that he has had, not even Jurgen.
Btw as crazy as this sounds I'm still not 100% convinced about him, don't get me wrong he is obviously a good player but his numbers are so freakish it does tend to point to a one off season. I've seen the likes of Clive Allen and Marcus Stewart do a similar thing.
How many think he will do the same thing next season? Personally I don't think he will, if he did the same next season he'd be entering Messi/Ronaldo territory and whilst he is good I'm not convinced he is that good.

That's why I said in his thread that scoring alot of goals in a season is great, but to be a real club legend, you need to do that in a longer stretch. I will call him a legend if he is a 20 goals a season player for 5 seasons...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:49 pm

If  he's here next season I will be amazed. Someone with a big fat cheque book is no doubt watching like a hawk and I predict we will roll over when they flash the cash
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 am

Of course he'll be here next season, every major club (and the fans) need to know whether its a flash in the pan or he's the real deal.

The challenge for LFC is to demonstrate they're building a side around him so we move into the super league. Spurs aren't  building a side around H.Kane so you have to assume he'll move on at some stage. The club could rightly argue that selling Coutinho allowed us to bring in VVD, Keita etc. improving the squad and to sell Mo at some stage would allow the same so in fact we're on the upward trajectory. Mo, Kane etc.. have limited shelf lives so whats important is we don't hang around but get on with it, whatever 'it' is.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:15 pm

One thing in our favour is that FSG know that selling Coutinho and Salah within 6 months of each other wouldn't look good at all, they would be absolutely lambasted by the fans if they did that.
I'll be amazed if someone doesn't put a bid in though, especially if he has a good World Cup, the football world knows that if the price is right FSG will sell so someone is bound to test their resolve with a cheeky offer.
It's going to be another one of those summers I'm afraid.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Cheer up Yakka, anyone offering 200 million for Mo after one flash in the pan season would be a certified nutter.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Reg » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:36 pm wrote:Cheer up Yakka, anyone offering 200 million for Mo after one flash in the pan season would be a certified nutter.

No one is going to offer £200m for him but it would probably only take half that to get FSG interested. To make a £70m profit on a player in 12 months is something moneyballers dream about.
To be fair to them in any other walk of life it's practically unheard of to buy an asset and then see its value increase by £70m in just 12 months so you can see why they'd be interested in cashing in.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Yep all the squad are up for sale. If an important player wants to stay FSG will push them out if the price is right. It's the FSG way. They have a track record of course. Klopp is in on it too. He cut short his sabbatical and turned down other clubs so he could join us and help us improve our balance sheet. And yes moneyball is all about cashing in on your best players. Anyone who has bothered to look into it will know this and can see this is what FSG have implemented at LFC.  ???
Eagle

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 pm

FSG have fought hard to get the club financially where it stands to date. Whilst employing a manager that has the charm of a curry to a pi$$head...
A manager who clearly has a footballing strategy and knows the kind of players that will see his philosophies a reality on the pitch. Whilst being able to balance the spread sheets!
So why throw all that hard work down the drain?
---
It would take an absolute nut job to offer 200M+ for MO at this time...
But it would also take an absolute mad man to not accept such a ludicrous offer. As stated before, we now have a manager that can identify PLAYERS!
---
PLUS. One thing for sure is different with MO. His decisions are not only his to make. NOW think about that rather than question it...
He's also been shipped around like a $10 hooker in recent seasons - but now he is playing the football of his life. So again, why throw that all away?
---
Be sure of one thing. FSG / LFC will be putting in place a new HEAVY contract for MO ASAP.
THAT'S FOR SURE!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 pm

PS:
None of this matters IF we win the CL this season
  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Eagle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:17 pm wrote:Yep all the squad are up for sale. If an important player wants to stay FSG will push them out if the price is right. It's the FSG way. They have a track record of course. Klopp is in on it too. He cut short his sabbatical and turned down other clubs so he could join us and help us improve our balance sheet. And yes moneyball is all about cashing in on your best players. Anyone who has bothered to look into it will know this and can see this is what FSG have implemented at LFC.  ???

We have sold Torres, Mascherano, Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho during FSG's 7 and a half years at the club, that's not far off an average of a top player every season.
I'm not saying FSG are necessarily bad owners but it's ridiculous to say they won't cash in if the money is on the table. Barcelona said in January that they couldn't believe how keen we were to sell Coutinho.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill