Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm fed up of reading negative shyte like this, we're playing the best football in the last 5 yaers and some twinkle toed fking snowflakes are still complaining. If you don't like it then fk off and support the blue shyte, that's the best way to realise what a great job klopp and the club are doing at the moment.

+1 The reason why I don't post often anymore...  :down:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:47 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:12 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm wrote:I still watch us and follow us but tbh January showed me that FSG aren't really interested in wining silverware, their plan is to make money first and if success happens as a by product of what they are doing then great, but it's not their first priority.

I'm fed up of reading negative shyte like this, we're playing the best football in the last 5 yaers and some twinkle toed fking snowflakes are still complaining. If you don't like it then fk off and support the blue shyte, that's the best way to realise what a great job klopp and the club are doing at the moment.

OK then I'll go and support Everton  :glare:

No doubt you won't  :D and of course you are perfectly entitled to express your opinion. You have always posted positive, supportive posts but I think you over reacted to the Coutinho sale and you are still a little angry at the whole saga. I just don't think you appreciate that when a player wants to go (and the club tried to keep him) there is nothing anyone can do.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:47 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm wrote:I still watch us and follow us but tbh January showed me that FSG aren't really interested in wining silverware, their plan is to make money first and if success happens as a by product of what they are doing then great, but it's not their first priority.

Or Man City or PSG.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:20 pm

TBF, a lot of people share Yakka's disappointment with the timing of Coutinho's departure with no replacement. But that was 2 months ago and we've been doing really well since. Sure we would be better off with him but this is just football sometimes. I'm happy to defer to Klopp's judgement.  Let's see how we finish the season and what we do in the summer market. I'm feeling pretty positive.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 pm

kazza » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:48 am wrote:
Eagle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:45 pm wrote:So rumours are starting to gather pace that Klopp wants Alisson from Roma, and also Jorginho from Napoli as a replacement for Can.

That Jorginho looks quite good, he's got a touch of the Alonso's about him, we haven't had a CM who can spray the ball around since Gerrard retired so it would be nice to have a player like that in the team again. He turned 26 last December so he's at a good age as well.

I know you were angry that we sold Coutinho but you must admit we seem a better side now than with Coutinho and without Van Dyke. I know Van Dyke would have improved us defensively anyway but I think Coutinho was not the best at tracking back and having Chamberlain in midfield whether on the right or left makes us better defensively. We miss Coutinho's magic ( could have used him against Spurs) but we look more solid and happy without him so the overall assessment of our team is better now without him.

On a side note Coutinho's home was burgled in Barcelona while he was at training which has happened to a number of the Liverpool players over the years and must have been one of the reasons Mrs. Couts was not happy in Liverpool, especially considering Firmino's house was burgled last year while he was still home. Just like when we won the CL without Owen I would like to do the same without Coutinho. Let him watch us on TV while our fans sing the names of his replacements ( no one will sing his name at Barca). He left us in the lurch at a critical part of the season so good riddance. What I am seeing from Klopp and even the owners to be honest is that we are in good hands to move forward regardless of losing our best player. What Klopp proves is that team chemistry is more important than individual brilliance. When their careers are finished, players like Coutinho, Suarez, Mascherano etc. will reminisce about when Liverpool supporters sang their name, not how nice the weather was in Barcelona.

Good post Kazza
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:48 pm

kazza » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 am wrote:
Eagle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:45 pm wrote:So rumours are starting to gather pace that Klopp wants Alisson from Roma, and also Jorginho from Napoli as a replacement for Can.

That Jorginho looks quite good, he's got a touch of the Alonso's about him, we haven't had a CM who can spray the ball around since Gerrard retired so it would be nice to have a player like that in the team again. He turned 26 last December so he's at a good age as well.

I know you were angry that we sold Coutinho but you must admit we seem a better side now than with Coutinho and without Van Dyke. I know Van Dyke would have improved us defensively anyway but I think Coutinho was not the best at tracking back and having Chamberlain in midfield whether on the right or left makes us better defensively. We miss Coutinho's magic ( could have used him against Spurs) but we look more solid and happy without him so the overall assessment of our team is better now without him.

On a side note Coutinho's home was burgled in Barcelona while he was at training which has happened to a number of the Liverpool players over the years and must have been one of the reasons Mrs. Couts was not happy in Liverpool, especially considering Firmino's house was burgled last year while he was still home. Just like when we won the CL without Owen I would like to do the same without Coutinho. Let him watch us on TV while our fans sing the names of his replacements ( no one will sing his name at Barca). He left us in the lurch at a critical part of the season so good riddance. What I am seeing from Klopp and even the owners to be honest is that we are in good hands to move forward regardless of losing our best player. What Klopp proves is that team chemistry is more important than individual brilliance. When their careers are finished, players like Coutinho, Suarez, Mascherano etc. will reminisce about when Liverpool supporters sang their name, not how nice the weather was in Barcelona.

Spot on.
I’ve failed to understand the affection so many hold for Suarez. He dragged our name through the mud on multiple occasions and then went crying to the media to try and force through a move to Arsenal.
A year later he was at it again to get his move to Barca. And was first in line for their PR machine to encourage Coutinho to force through a move.
Scumbag of the highest order
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:11 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 pm wrote:Rumours abound that we will replace Can with Lewis Cook from Bournemouth for £20m

Would be a good signing if true. He was the England under 20s captain that won the world cup and is now 21 with lots of premier league experience.

Doubt it. Think an attempt to bring in Jorginho or someone of a similar calibre is more likely. We'll lose Can and it will be Keita + 1. It's likely all the other first team midfielders will stay.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:11 pm

kazza » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:08 am wrote:

You make some good points in your posts kazza, but I think you're missing yakka's point. It's not that we're going to miss Coutinho in particular that's going to hurt us, but rather our policy of selling our best players. Name me a club that has won anything ever (once in a million years cases aside) with a policy like that. We might be a better team now without Couts (time will tell), but how long will it be before the likes of Real and Barca come after Salah and we sell our best player again? We might get away with it this time with Coutinho, but we seem to have adopted this strategy and sell our best players on regular basis... we'll get nowhere with that. It sickens me that we've got used to the fact that we're not among Europe's elite anymore, and that being a feeder club to the bigger clubs is just a way of life. Finishing in the top 4 is now the highest point of our aspirations.

Saying someone should go support a different team who's only expressing concern over the future of our club is also uncalled for.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:26 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:25 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:47 pm wrote:

I'm not sure they'd have you mate, you're too negative even for them!   :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Liverpool are a world-class goalkeeper short of Premier League title challenge, says Tim Sherwood
Last Updated: 27/02/18 11:05am

Liverpool are a world-class goalkeeper short of mounting a substantial challenge for the Premier League title next season, says Tim Sherwood.

There may be a 15-point chasm between Jurgen Klopp's men and Manchester City, but the Merseysiders have arguably come closer than any Premier League side to matching the fluid style of the champions-elect.

Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane have been tormenting Premier League defences, but the form of goalkeepers Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius has left much to be desired.

As a result, Liverpool have been linked with Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker, and Sherwood believes the signing of the Brazilian, or a goalkeeper of similar pedigree, would leave the Reds hot on tails of City.

"Liverpool are the closest team to be challenging Manchester City," he told The Debate.

"Yes they lost Philippe Coutinho, which was a big blow, but they've coped without him. They look they will need to find a replacement for Emre Can, he's a big player too, but they do have Naby Keita coming in the summer.

"Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker is a good prospect. There's a lot of noise coming out of Liverpool. Perhaps he has a buy-out clause, otherwise they wouldn't be tracking him down as they reportedly are.

"The key for Liverpool's current goalkeepers in the mistakes they have made. Liverpool cannot gamble, they need a sure thing.

Speaking on the Sunday Supplement, the Daily Mail’s Martin Samuel believes Liverpool have the firepower capable of winning the Premier League.

"It's a key position and you're not going to win anything without a top goalkeeper."

Ray Parlour joined Sherwood in The Debate studio and claimed Liverpool would have a realistic chance of winning a first title since 1990 if they signed a goalkeeper of the calibre of David de Gea.

Parlour won the Premier League titles in Arsenal sides featuring David Seaman and Jens Lehman, and the former Gunners midfielder stressed the importance of having someone reliable in between the sticks.

"If Liverpool can find a target like David de Gea they have every chance of winning the league," he said.

"You always have to have a good goalkeeper, at times they keep you in games. When I was at Arsenal, Seaman and Lehman kept us in games, they didn't make mistakes at the wrong time.

"Liverpool goalkeepers have made big mistakes at the wrong time and that's cost them."

Something we have been saying for a long while, it should be our number one priority. We will never win the league with an average keeper. I say break the bank for a world class keeper and not a prospect, I'd say more important than a Coutinho replacement. We have the firepower we just need to concentrate our resources on top quality in the weakest link we have and then I think we will be on to something.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:07 pm

kazza » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 pm wrote:Liverpool are a world-class goalkeeper short of Premier League title challenge, says Tim Sherwood
Last Updated: 27/02/18 11:05am

Liverpool are a world-class goalkeeper short of mounting a substantial challenge for the Premier League title next season, says Tim Sherwood.

There may be a 15-point chasm between Jurgen Klopp's men and Manchester City, but the Merseysiders have arguably come closer than any Premier League side to matching the fluid style of the champions-elect.

Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane have been tormenting Premier League defences, but the form of goalkeepers Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius has left much to be desired.

As a result, Liverpool have been linked with Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker, and Sherwood believes the signing of the Brazilian, or a goalkeeper of similar pedigree, would leave the Reds hot on tails of City.

"Liverpool are the closest team to be challenging Manchester City," he told The Debate.

"Yes they lost Philippe Coutinho, which was a big blow, but they've coped without him. They look they will need to find a replacement for Emre Can, he's a big player too, but they do have Naby Keita coming in the summer.

"Roma goalkeeper Alisson Becker is a good prospect. There's a lot of noise coming out of Liverpool. Perhaps he has a buy-out clause, otherwise they wouldn't be tracking him down as they reportedly are.

"The key for Liverpool's current goalkeepers in the mistakes they have made. Liverpool cannot gamble, they need a sure thing.

Speaking on the Sunday Supplement, the Daily Mail’s Martin Samuel believes Liverpool have the firepower capable of winning the Premier League.

"It's a key position and you're not going to win anything without a top goalkeeper."

Ray Parlour joined Sherwood in The Debate studio and claimed Liverpool would have a realistic chance of winning a first title since 1990 if they signed a goalkeeper of the calibre of David de Gea.

Parlour won the Premier League titles in Arsenal sides featuring David Seaman and Jens Lehman, and the former Gunners midfielder stressed the importance of having someone reliable in between the sticks.

"If Liverpool can find a target like David de Gea they have every chance of winning the league," he said.

"You always have to have a good goalkeeper, at times they keep you in games. When I was at Arsenal, Seaman and Lehman kept us in games, they didn't make mistakes at the wrong time.

"Liverpool goalkeepers have made big mistakes at the wrong time and that's cost them."

Something we have been saying for a long while, it should be our number one priority. We will never win the league with an average keeper. I say break the bank for a world class keeper and not a prospect, I'd say more important than a Coutinho replacement. We have the firepower we just need to concentrate our resources on top quality in the weakest link we have and then I think we will be on to something.

Agree that we need a top goalkeeper but I don't think that is the only thing that we need to get us closer to City. When our first team is out, we can be as good as anyone on our day. Problem is, I'm not confident if we get an injury or two. If FIrmino is out injured or banned, we are looking at the likes of Ings and Solanke. We can cope with an injury to either Mane or Salah, as Ox and even Lallana can do a job there. In midfield, great that Keita is coming in but look like we are losing Can.

Also Salah has had a truly amazing season and proved to be the signing of the season. 23 league goals at this stage from a wide player is incredible but the key question will be is it an anomaly or will he replicate it next season.

We have been very good this season but after its all said and done, City are still 15 points ahead of us and Utd are still ahead of us and spurs on our coattails. I'm not sure a quality keeper alone would allow us to pull us away from the likes of Utd and spurs enough and close in on City
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:48 pm

People keep saying this player is not good enough and that player is not good enough and they need to be sold. But I don’t see many players leaving this summer who have featured for us heavily this season. The only exceptions to this are Mignolet and Can. The rest will be fringe players like Bogdan, Flanagan, Markovic, Ings and even Sturridge.

Goalkeeper: If we can find someone who is a significant improvement on Karius then I think we’ll bring him in. But otherwise I think Klopp will stick with him rather than disrupt things and take transfer funds away from elsewhere for marginal gains. We’re not going for the likes of Hart or Butland. I think Mignolet will leave to be the undisputed number 1 somewhere.

Defence: I don’t see much changing here. van Dijk, Matip, Lovren and Klavan is actually a strong quartet of CBs. Trent is the future at RB and Clyne is someone we can depend on when he’s fit. Robertson has settled really well but Moreno has only 1 year left on his contract from this summer so I could see him departing which would leave us needing a LB. If we don’t get any long injuries during pre-season I think Gomez will go on loan to a PL club.

CM: Ketia comes in and we’ll go for an established replacement for Can if he does end up leaving. Henderson, Lallana, Ox, Wijnaldum and Milner are all valuable players who will stay. We’ll replace Coutinho with someone who can play wide forward or as a CM if we need added creativity in middle.

Front 3: If we can sell Ings and Sturridge we’ll buy a forward player who can deputise for Firmino and also cover the wide forward positions. Solanke may well go out on loan with Rhian Brewster promoted to exciting young striker playing in the cup games.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:48 pm wrote:People keep saying this player is not good enough and that player is not good enough and they need to be sold. But I don’t see many players leaving this summer who have featured for us heavily this season. The only exceptions to this are Mignolet and Can. The rest will be fringe players like Bogdan, Flanagan, Markovic, Ings and even Sturridge.

Goalkeeper: If we can find someone who is a significant improvement on Karius then I think we’ll bring him in. But otherwise I think Klopp will stick with him rather than disrupt things and take transfer funds away from elsewhere for marginal gains. We’re not going for the likes of Hart or Butland. I think Mignolet will leave to be the undisputed number 1 somewhere.

Defence: I don’t see much changing here. van Dijk, Matip, Lovren and Klavan is actually a strong quartet of CBs. Trent is the future at RB and Clyne is someone we can depend on when he’s fit. Robertson has settled really well but Moreno has only 1 year left on his contract from this summer so I could see him departing which would leave us needing a LB. If we don’t get any long injuries during pre-season I think Gomez will go on loan to a PL club.

CM: Ketia comes in and we’ll go for an established replacement for Can if he does end up leaving. Henderson, Lallana, Ox, Wijnaldum and Milner are all valuable players who will stay. We’ll replace Coutinho with someone who can play wide forward or as a CM if we need added creativity in middle.

Nice post. Simple, accurate and short.

Front 3: If we can sell Ings and Sturridge we’ll buy a forward player who can deputise for Firmino and also cover the wide forward positions. Solanke may well go out on loan with Rhian Brewster promoted to exciting young striker playing in the cup games.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:29 pm

IMO a keeper should and will be our number one priority this summer. I've only seen Roma twice this season and never noticed Alisson, but I've heard good things from Roma/Seria A fans. Very rarely makes mistakes and makes important saves is all what I needed to hear because that's exactly what we're missing with the other two. If we can lower their asking price to lets say £50m I'll gladly have him (apparently they're asking £60-70m)

Jan Oblak would be ideal but Atletico will be asking something in the region of £100m, and rightly so, that guy's among the top 5 keepers in the world IMO. No way we'll pay that much though.

Jack Butland is another good shout, but definitely inferior to the other two (albeit probably cheaper)

If we can't get any of these three, I'd rather focus our money on other positions (midfield or attack), and stick with what we already have.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill