Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:34 pm wrote:Looks like the FA have decided to take no action against Firmino, they say the allegation was made in good faith by Holgate so no action will be taken against him either. Why it's taken so long God only knows.

An allegation of racism made in good faith  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm

Can't Liverpool press charges against the fcker for obvious false accusations?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:45 am

So rumours are starting to gather pace that Klopp wants Alisson from Roma, and also Jorginho from Napoli as a replacement for Can.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:48 am

Eagle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:45 pm wrote:So rumours are starting to gather pace that Klopp wants Alisson from Roma, and also Jorginho from Napoli as a replacement for Can.

That Jorginho looks quite good, he's got a touch of the Alonso's about him, we haven't had a CM who can spray the ball around since Gerrard retired so it would be nice to have a player like that in the team again. He turned 26 last December so he's at a good age as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:08 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:48 am wrote:
Eagle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:45 pm wrote:So rumours are starting to gather pace that Klopp wants Alisson from Roma, and also Jorginho from Napoli as a replacement for Can.

That Jorginho looks quite good, he's got a touch of the Alonso's about him, we haven't had a CM who can spray the ball around since Gerrard retired so it would be nice to have a player like that in the team again. He turned 26 last December so he's at a good age as well.

I know you were angry that we sold Coutinho but you must admit we seem a better side now than with Coutinho and without Van Dyke. I know Van Dyke would have improved us defensively anyway but I think Coutinho was not the best at tracking back and having Chamberlain in midfield whether on the right or left makes us better defensively. We miss Coutinho's magic ( could have used him against Spurs) but we look more solid and happy without him so the overall assessment of our team is better now without him.

On a side note Coutinho's home was burgled in Barcelona while he was at training which has happened to a number of the Liverpool players over the years and must have been one of the reasons Mrs. Couts was not happy in Liverpool, especially considering Firmino's house was burgled last year while he was still home. Just like when we won the CL without Owen I would like to do the same without Coutinho. Let him watch us on TV while our fans sing the names of his replacements ( no one will sing his name at Barca). He left us in the lurch at a critical part of the season so good riddance. What I am seeing from Klopp and even the owners to be honest is that we are in good hands to move forward regardless of losing our best player. What Klopp proves is that team chemistry is more important than individual brilliance. When their careers are finished, players like Coutinho, Suarez, Mascherano etc. will reminisce about when Liverpool supporters sang their name, not how nice the weather was in Barcelona.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:51 am

kazza » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:08 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:48 am wrote:

I know you were angry that we sold Coutinho but you must admit we seem a better side now than with Coutinho and without Van Dyke. I know Van Dyke would have improved us defensively anyway but I think Coutinho was not the best at tracking back and having Chamberlain in midfield whether on the right or left makes us better defensively. We miss Coutinho's magic ( could have used him against Spurs) but we look more solid and happy without him so the overall assessment of our team is better now without him.

On a side note Coutinho's home was burgled in Barcelona while he was at training which has happened to a number of the Liverpool players over the years and must have been one of the reasons Mrs. Couts was not happy in Liverpool, especially considering Firmino's house was burgled last year while he was still home. Just like when we won the CL without Owen I would like to do the same without Coutinho. Let him watch us on TV while our fans sing the names of his replacements ( no one will sing his name at Barca). He left us in the lurch at a critical part of the season so good riddance. What I am seeing from Klopp and even the owners to be honest is that we are in good hands to move forward regardless of losing our best player. What Klopp proves is that team chemistry is more important than individual brilliance. When their careers are finished, players like Coutinho, Suarez, Mascherano etc. will reminisce about when Liverpool supporters sang their name, not how nice the weather was in Barcelona.

With all due respect that's the wrong mindset to have, why should it be a case of either or? Why should it be a choice of VVD or Coutinho? A club genuinely trying to go places would try to keep both, if you think we look good now imagine how good we'd be if we still had the fab 4 up front.
In the past we wouldn't have sacrificed a Kenny Dalglish or Ian Rush to bring in an Alan Hansen or Mark Lawrenson. How many trophies do you think we would have won in the 70's or 80's with that philosophy? Back then we kept all our good players, in the rare instance where we were backed into a corner and were forced to sell one of them we then we went out and made a big statement in the market like when we replaced Keegan with Dalglish and Souness or Rush with Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge.
Something which hasn't been mentioned is how Jurgen never rotates our forwards anymore, when Phil was here it was actually quite rare to see the fab 4 start, Jurgen knows himself that selling Phil (and not replacing him) has left us extremely thin up front, if he thought we had strength in depth he'd still be rotating, we are probably one Salah or Firmino injury away from everything unravelling.
I still watch us and follow us but tbh January showed me that FSG aren't really interested in wining silverware, their plan is to make money first and if success happens as a by product of what they are doing then great, but it's not their first priority. At a time when clubs are drowning in TV and advertising money the fact that we are making a profit in the transfer market says it all. We've just got to hope that we stumble across success because the people at the top certainly aren't planning for it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 am wrote:

Wish we signed this lad a few years ago when we were first linked with him, he would have cost us peanuts back then. Right now, although he's been one of the best players in Seria A this season, I wouldn't risk signing him for big money because IMO he might not be the most suited for the faster paced Premier League.

What we should do is concentrate on keeping Can at the club and forget about signing another midfielder.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:06 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 am wrote:

Wish we signed this lad a few years ago when we were first linked with him, he would have cost us peanuts back then. Right now, although he's been one of the best players in Seria A this season, I wouldn't risk signing him for big money because IMO he might not be the most suited for the faster paced Premier League.

What we should do is concentrate on keeping Can at the club and forget about signing another midfielder.

Wether we sign this lad or keep Can I still think we need at least one quality midfielder who can knock the ball about, we saw against Spurs that our midfield just isn't good enough to dominate against the better sides, Keita will help but imo we need more than him.
I take on board what you are saying about Serie A though mate, Salah and Zola are part of a small group of players who have come from Italy and done well here but this Jorginho lad does look classy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Rumours abound that we will replace Can with Lewis Cook from Bournemouth for £20m

Would be a good signing if true. He was the England under 20s captain that won the world cup and is now 21 with lots of premier league experience.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:04 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 pm wrote:Rumours abound that we will replace Can with Lewis Cook from Bournemouth for £20m

Would be a good signing if true. He was the England under 20s captain that won the world cup and is now 21 with lots of premier league experience.

After splashing out on VVD and Keita it looks like the moneyball days are back, Cook is nowhere near good enough, if we want to keep hold of the likes of Salah and Firmino the club needs to set its sights higher than that. Dominic Calvert Lewin scored the winner in the U21 World Cup final, would you like to see us sign him?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:04 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 pm wrote:Rumours abound that we will replace Can with Lewis Cook from Bournemouth for £20m

After splashing out on VVD and Keita it looks like the moneyball days are back, Cook is nowhere near good enough, if we want to keep hold of the likes of Salah and Firmino the club needs to set its sights higher than that. Dominic Calvert Lewin scored the winner in the U21 World Cup final, would you like to see us sign him?

What irks the shyte out of me is that we will probably go ahead and sign Cook at the expense of Grujic who is probably a better player and only lacks experience because he signed for us. Paying 20 mil to replace him as well is daft but it does ensure the circle keeps turning.

Calvert Lewin  :laugh: Our front line could be known as Dom and Dommer  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Grujic isn't good enough. He's bang average in the chumpionship.

I actually think Cook has the potential to be a really good player
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:30 am

if you think we look good now imagine how good we'd be if we still had the fab 4 up front.

While I agree that Coutinho is a fantastic player and makes any side better offensively I actually think we are better defensively with Chaimberlain and even Milner replacing Coutinho. We were begging to improve our defense which was laughable and holding us back and now we have done it. I saw Coutinho fail to track back on quite a few occasions and since he is such a fantastic player we gave him more leeway on his defensive duties as long as he kept weaving his magic. Since we were so bad defensively and so good offensively, we had to address the imbalance and it would have had to be at the expense of our forward play. To answer your question, we would have looked better with Coutinho in the side but we would have looked worse defensively, over all though we are better in my opinion. We were scoring four and letting in three, now we are scoring three and letting in one, I'm ok with that.

Something which hasn't been mentioned is how Jurgen never rotates our forwards anymore, when Phil was here it was actually quite rare to see the fab 4 start, Jurgen knows himself that selling Phil (and not replacing him) has left us extremely thin up front, if he thought we had strength in depth he'd still be rotating, we are probably one Salah or Firmino injury away from everything unravelling.

While I agree that we are a couple of injuries away from it all unraveling, same could be said for any side. Would Spurs struggle without Kane and Dembele? Would City without Aguero and De Bruyne? Chelsea? ManUre? Take out two of any teams best players and they would not look the same. Having said that, I pray we stay injury free. We are playing once a week practically, so we probably don't need to rotate that much. Keeping them happy and playing is probably more important at this point of the season.

I still watch us and follow us but tbh January showed me that FSG aren't really interested in wining silverware, their plan is to make money first and if success happens as a by product of what they are doing then great, but it's not their first priority. At a time when clubs are drowning in TV and advertising money the fact that we are making a profit in the transfer market says it all. We've just got to hope that we stumble across success because the people at the top certainly aren't planning for it

I think we have a team capable of winning "silverware" but maybe not the title, remember we went to two cup finals and could have won both so we certainly have a team good enough to win a cup. The title is another matter and to do that you need to spend big, the Leicester example was a freak and will probably not be repeated for a long time. The way we are set up financially I think it would be a mistake to spend as big as ManUre, Chelsea or City and reckless for the owners to do so ( remember Leeds). I still think we will buy a good replacement this summer as that seems to be Klopp's way and I have faith the owners will back him. Since Klopp, every player seems decent so I feel that track record will probably continue. Remember it is not just a question of buying a player for a high price but paying him 200 plus every week and we only just started turning a profit in the last couple of years so it is not like we are being fleeced by the owners.

We would all want a team of World class players but sometimes a team of very good players with a great team spirit is successful and that seems to be Klopp's ethos. I'm ok with that strategy for the club in the current situation. You have to admit that we have come along way since the latest owners.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 am

kazza » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm wrote:I still watch us and follow us but tbh January showed me that FSG aren't really interested in wining silverware, their plan is to make money first and if success happens as a by product of what they are doing then great, but it's not their first priority.

I'm fed up of reading negative shyte like this, we're playing the best football in the last 5 yaers and some twinkle toed fking snowflakes are still complaining. If you don't like it then fk off and support the blue shyte, that's the best way to realise what a great job klopp and the club are doing at the moment.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 am

Reg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:12 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm wrote:I still watch us and follow us but tbh January showed me that FSG aren't really interested in wining silverware, their plan is to make money first and if success happens as a by product of what they are doing then great, but it's not their first priority.

I'm fed up of reading negative shyte like this, we're playing the best football in the last 5 yaers and some twinkle toed fking snowflakes are still complaining. If you don't like it then fk off and support the blue shyte, that's the best way to realise what a great job klopp and the club are doing at the moment.

OK then I'll go and support Everton  :glare:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill