Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 am wrote:I really hope we aren't holding out till the summer before bringing anyone else in. Putting profits before the team in every window is a load of bollux and so is the insistence that we don't need anyone.

If Coutinho had a buy out clause and then one day out of the blue Barcelona came from nowhere and triggered it then I'd say yes fair enough, we were bounced into that and the club haven't had time to put any contingency plans in place.
But that wasn't the case though, they have known for months and months that Coutinho was leaving, they've had plenty of time to line up a replacement but they've decided to do nothing, that's what makes this all the more baffling.
Jurgen looked very subdued on the sidelines yesterday which is very unlike him, he almost seemed depressed in his post match interview as well which again is not like him at all.
I think it dawned on him last night that this season has the potential to go very pear shaped indeed, if the team at the very bottom can beat us by sitting deep and defending in numbers then let's face it anyone can.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Yakka, if they knew for months about Coutinho which definitely seems to be the case then FSG and dare I say Klopp are guilty of gross dereliction of their duty to this football club. In any other business heads would roll if a key member of any outfit was let go without a suitable replacement..but hey we have 145m in the bank so all is fine and dandy (Yankee doodle)

Mancs- Sanchez- top drawer player/ world class in ....January ...

Arsenal - Mkitharyan  and probably Aubemeyang- top drawer in...January

Liverpool - sell Coutinho - (world class).. in January  with NO replacement lined up with full knowledge that Barca would be back in and odds-on PC would go- thus leaving us with top 4 hanging in the balance.

What is the clear message about our ownership here . Ho hum

I think it is past due for for FSG to sell up and get out- I supported them at the outset but it is as clear as daylight that top 4 is the limit of their performance as owners if not the limit of their money-ball tinted ambition.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:52 pm

electrum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm wrote:I think it is past due for for FSG to sell up and get out- I supported them at the outset but it is as clear as daylight that top 4 is the limit of their performance as owners if not the limit of their money-ball tinted ambition.

F**king hell lad, one defeat and we need to get new owners?   :laugh:

FSG are nowhere near as bad as the doom and gloom merchants make out. They've expanded Anfield, cleared our debts and spent big money to bring in a world class manager.  Personally, I think the money is there. Personally I think they've given Klopp free reign. And personally I think we're on the road to something really special.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 pm

One defeat? FSG are heading toward an 8th year in charge with one league cup and two top 4 finishes... What a marvellous record to date.  :help

If its taken us 8 years to get on the road how many is it going to take to walk up it is my concern. Consistently selling our best players without replacing them is pure genius ..,it must be the right way to walk the league... then again..
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:29 pm

Teams are getting stronger this window and we have somehow managed to get weaker.

No way on earth would City let go of De Bruyne and not replace him same with Spurs with someone like Kane.

Is Klopp just really naive or is FSG just not giving him the funds to bring in any players?

I can't keep supporting the bad moves we make year in year out with no achievements. If we finish outside 4th this year I can more a less guarantee Salah will be on his way out in the summer... then we'll be back to square one.

For us to keep our best players we need to win trophies and making bad decisions from the top is costing us doing that.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:19 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:52 pm wrote:
electrum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm wrote:I think it is past due for for FSG to sell up and get out- I supported them at the outset but it is as clear as daylight that top 4 is the limit of their performance as owners if not the limit of their money-ball tinted ambition.

FSG are nowhere near as bad as the doom and gloom merchants make out. They've expanded Anfield, cleared our debts and spent big money to bring in a world class manager.  Personally, I think the money is there. Personally I think they've given Klopp free reign. And personally I think we're on the road to something really special.

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on mate...  :laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 pm

electrum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 pm wrote:Yakka, if they knew for months about Coutinho which definitely seems to be the case then FSG and dare I say Klopp are guilty of gross dereliction of their duty to this football club. In any other business heads would roll if a key member of any outfit was let go without a suitable replacement..but hey we have 145m in the bank so all is fine and dandy (Yankee doodle)

Mancs- Sanchez- top drawer player/ world class in ....January ...

Arsenal - Mkitharyan  and probably Aubemeyang- top drawer in...January

Liverpool - sell Coutinho - (world class).. in January  with NO replacement lined up with full knowledge that Barca would be back in and odds-on PC would go- thus leaving us with top 4 hanging in the balance.

What is the clear message about our ownership here . Ho hum

I think it is past due for for FSG to sell up and get out- I supported them at the outset but it is as clear as daylight that top 4 is the limit of their performance as owners if not the limit of their money-ball tinted ambition.

If we manage to finish in the top 4 mate and then bring in someone like Lemar in the summer then the decision not to immediately replace Coutinho will probably* be vindicated. If we don't though then it's going to look like a massive error in judgement.

* I say probably because I think with Phil and Virgil we could have been an outside bet for the CL.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:52 pm wrote:

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on mate...  :laugh:

Called a good old pint of common sense  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 am wrote:I really hope we aren't holding out till the summer before bringing anyone else in. Putting profits before the team in every window is a load of bollux and so is the insistence that we don't need anyone.

If Coutinho had a buy out clause and then one day out of the blue Barcelona came from nowhere and triggered it then I'd say yes fair enough, we were bounced into that and the club haven't had time to put any contingency plans in place.
But that wasn't the case though, they have known for months and months that Coutinho was leaving, they've had plenty of time to line up a replacement but they've decided to do nothing, that's what makes this all the more baffling.
Jurgen looked very subdued on the sidelines yesterday which is very unlike him, he almost seemed depressed in his post match interview as well which again is not like him at all.
I think it dawned on him last night that this season has the potential to go very pear shaped indeed, if the team at the very bottom can beat us by sitting deep and defending in numbers then let's face it anyone can.

When he left he thanked the board for sticking to their word so they new fine well they were letting him go. If you ask me Ox was his replacement and that's why we moved for him out of nowhere at the last minute. 
I agree about Jurgens demeanour last night and thought at one point it was a cardboard cut out in the technical area. I guess he felt deflated like the rest of us wondering how we went from the highs of beating City to the rock bottom low of losing to the worst side in the league.
What's also worrying is the state of our bench. Its as bad as it ever was.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:19 am

7_Kewell » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:52 pm wrote:

Is something really special top 4 ? Because that's the height of their ambition and only because it brings extra revenue. Is the money really there ? because all we seem to do is sell to offset whatever we buy. Profits in the last few windows says it all imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:11 am

The good thing about being in asia is you don't have to suffer reading some of the shyte that's posted here throughout the day.

I log on first thing see it all in one go, think to myself 'well that's a load of shyte', then get on with the day. It saves time.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:25 am

The money is there alright. FSG have done a great job in increasing the clubs revenue and although their purchase saddled us with debt it is now less than 70% of generated income compared to Man U our debt is small. Interesting in the mail today on the spend since summer 2016.

Total spend.        Total sales.          Nett spend
Man City.                       381.                       98.                    283
Man Utd.                       295.                       57.                    238
Chelsea.                        321.                      228.                    93
Arsenal.                        148.                        75.                    73
Spurs.                           156.                       179.                   27
Liverpool.                     223.                       257.                  -34

Our surplus makes us look more like Southampton than those on the list.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 am

kazza » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:14 am wrote:
As for CL football next season obviously it is hugely important to the club so we need to qualify without any doubt. I do like how the squad is progressing and playing and feel we have the quality to qualify. We are not significantly weaker after selling Coutinho, we are actually stronger as we strengthened our glaring weakness which was our defense. We lost one in Coutinho but we gained one in Van Dyke and not to say we don't need to replace Coutinho but it is certainly not panic stations. We have the quality up front to cope and I think we will be significantly stronger defensively without Coutinho as he was sometimes slow to track back. We do need someone on the team to step up with free kicks however as that is where I see will miss Coutinho the most, that set play goal against a deep defending team in a tight match is the difference between one point and three.

Huddersfield will probably play the same
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Read in the Mirror a deal to sign Lemar is in place either in Jan or the summer. They quoted Yahoo Sports so who knows
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Arsenal reported to sign Aubemeyang with Makhterian already their...Everyone is making an extra effort to strengthen their squad/first team...Except one team...So frustrating.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill