Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Just watching the West Ham v Chelsea game and West Ham's left back Matsuaku (sp?) looks a terrific player, can't see him staying at West Ham for long, it might be worth throwing a sneaky bid in for him next month.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 pm wrote:If Coutinho goes then it's got to be Lemar, it's got to be a rising star that other top clubs want to buy. That way we not only get a terrific replacement but we also send out the right signals in terms of our ambition. It's very difficult to sell your best player and at the same time convince everyone that you are not taking a huge step backwards, buying someone like Lemar gives you half a chance of doing that, buying a 29 year old like DiMaria doesn't imo.

Agree.
There is talk that we want Sergi Roberto as part of a deal for phil and he could be a better fit due to him being able to play multiple positions. If we got him as a replacement for Emre and added Lemar in the summer we will have done well.

Personally speaking mate I think we should steer clear of any part-ex deals, if Barcelona thought Roberto was any good they certainly wouldn't be using him as a makeweight, even if they were stacked in his position if he was genuinely a top player they'd sell him on the open market. No one gives away their best players, they might sell them, but no one gives them away. Looking at the lad he made his debut for them in 2011 and we are on the cusp of 2018 yet he's never managed to nail down a place in the team? Doesn't sound too promising to me.
Not just this lad I wouldn't accept any part ex deals from Barca or Madrid, all they do is palm their deadwood off on clubs and they get away with it because of their mammoth size, they are such big clubs even their deadwood has a lot of name recognition.
We shouldn't be selling Coutinho anyway, not if we have any genuine ambitions, selling your best player is never the way forward and if he was at United or Chelsea you can guarantee that they'd be moving heaven and earth to try and keep him, we have accepted second best for a long time now though so he probably will go, if he does leave we should only accept cash and lots and lots of it.

What I had read Yakka was that it is us who is looking for Sergi off them not them trying to palm one off on us. I get where you are coming from and I can remember Nunez but despite the fact that there is serious competition at Barca this lad still clocked up 32 appearances in the league and 47 in all comps last year. The year before it was 31 in the league and 49 in all comps. He is only 25 and as I said can play in a few positions and is under the radar so he fits everything we look for.
I wouldn't sell Phil either but we will because he wants to go and eventually he will get it. I wouldn't even be so sure we are doing everything we can to persuade him otherwise. If it was up to me I would be making him king ding a ling. A whopping contract worth about 200k a week and he has earned the captaincy as well imo. He is giving us 100% in most games but you only have to look at his face when he scores to know what he is thinking. I would hope we wouldn't let him go in January but its definitely only a matter of when and not if he goes.
I agree with woof as well regarding South Americans. If we were winning leagues and challenging for the CL regular then I think it could be a different story. Not dragging up recruitment but players like Dele Ali, Ericsen, Lewandoski, Ayew and Vertonghen are all Liverpool fans and you have to figure we'd get more if we recruited players like that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Apologies mate I thought Barcelona were trying to palm him off on us,  I didn't realise it was us who enquired about him   :blush: .
Mind you after their shenanigans in the summer if it was up to me I'd have as little to do with that rotten club as humanly possible, including signing any of their players.
Re Phil you make a great point about the £200k contract, we gave Luis one and you'd think any player worth around £150m on the open market would be worth that type of wage these days. Makes you wonder wether we really are moving heaven and earth to keep him.
As you say though it is probably inevitable that he will leave at some point in the near future but the problem with having a policy of continually selling your best players is that Salah, Mane, Keita etc will inevitably leave at some point also.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:52 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:15 pm

redshade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:52 am wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-readying-new-thomas-lemar-14025717

Lemar link

He's obviously being lined up as Phil's replacement, hopefully the club don't botch this one up like they botched the Alexi Sanchez/Luis Suarez deal up. We held all the cards (Suarez had just signed a new £200k a week 5 year deal) but somehow Barcelona ended up with Suarez, one of our rivals ended up with Sanchez and we ended up with Ballotelli. Phil is still under a long term contract and we shouldn't be letting him go anywhere unless we have got a suitable replacement (i.e Lemar) basically in the bag if not actually at the club.
If you want to know why we haven't won the title for 30 years that Suarez deal just about sums it up. I wouldn't bet against a similar thing happening again tbh, apparently Arsenal were pretty close to signing Lemar themselves in the Summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:32 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 pm wrote:
redshade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:52 am wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-readying-new-thomas-lemar-14025717

Lemar link

He's obviously being lined up as Phil's replacement, hopefully the club don't botch this one up like they botched the Alexi Sanchez/Luis Suarez deal up. We held all the cards (Suarez had just signed a new £200k a week 5 year deal) but somehow Barcelona ended up with Suarez, one of our rivals ended up with Sanchez and we ended up with Ballotelli. Phil is still under a long term contract and we shouldn't be letting him go anywhere unless we have got a suitable replacement (i.e Lemar) basically in the bag if not actually at the club.
If you want to know why we haven't won the title for 30 years that Suarez deal just about sums it up. I wouldn't bet against a similar thing happening again tbh, apparently Arsenal were pretty close to signing Lemar themselves in the Summer.

Can he play in the Champions having played with Monaco?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:52 pm

only me » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:32 am wrote:

Lemar link

Can he play in the Champions having played with Monaco?

No mate he'd be Cup tied (as would Coutinho if he goes to Barcelona) but I think we have to look further ahead than this year's CL. Lemar is a top player now and he's only 21, imagine what he's going to be like at 25/26 after being coached by Jurgen for 4 or 5 years. That's how we have to be thinking.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Lemar link

We didn't botch anything up. Sanchez wasn't interested and wanted to go to London.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:14 am

VVD is Guardiola's #1 target in the January sales. If Klopp has no plan B, he needs a serious good kickin'...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:02 am

We might aswel have the premier league split in 2.

Leave City alone and 19 other teams competing. Let them buy all the best players and win "their" league always. :D

Anyhow yeah if we don't get Van Dijk then yeah hopefully we should aim for another CB. I'm sure out of the million defenders out their we should find another.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:13 am

I'm concerned about VVD.. I thought he was awful against Leicester. He was daydreaming, losing concentration, and runners were getting in at will. If you want my honest opinion I thought he looked like he couldn't be bothered all game.

Some might say it's because he wants a move elsewhere.. but is he gonna be like that for us if Barca come knocking?

I thought he'd be the perfect signing for us, but I've seen better Center Halves from Europe than I've seen from VVD this year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:59 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 am wrote:I'm concerned about VVD.. I thought he was awful against Leicester. He was daydreaming, losing concentration, and runners were getting in at will. If you want my honest opinion I thought he looked like he couldn't be bothered all game.

Some might say it's because he wants a move elsewhere.. but is he gonna be like that for us if Barca come knocking?

I thought he'd be the perfect signing for us, but I've seen better Center Halves from Europe than I've seen from VVD this year.

Yeah I've said a few times on here that he's never worth £70m (usually after watching him play!)
I just don't think you need to spend those types of sums on individual defenders in order to get a good defence. I'm sure if we spent half that amount we could still pick up a very good CB from somewhere.
If it's effectively already a done deal and he arrives in 3 weeks time then fine, he is great in the air and he will definately improve our defence, he may look better surrounded by better players too, but at the same time if City do step in I won't be overly disappointed, not at that price anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:06 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:14 pm wrote:

Lemar link

We didn't botch anything up. Sanchez wasn't interested and wanted to go to London.

We did botch it up mate, Suarez still had 5 years left to run on his contract, we should have told him that he was free to leave once we had an adequate replacement lined up, we should have told Barcelona the same. We held all the cards in that situation but ended up the ones losing out, Barcelona even stuck the boot in and embarrassed us after the deal was done by telling everyone that they had paid far less than the £75m being reported (which is yet another reason why we shouldn't be selling Coutinho to them).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Surely we wouldn't even entertain this http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/12/1 ... ky-sports/
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Never mind that one mate...Get a load of Didi !
http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/12/1 ... c-players/
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill