Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:45 am

I really hope we don't spunk 70m+, It would be a hell of a lot of money for a CB. Being it January Southampton will try to get as much off us a possible.
Depending on which clubs go after him i think there will be a mad bidding war.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:15 pm

£70m is a ridiculous fee for VVD but if he comes here and significantly strengthens our back 4 then it will be money well spent. Yes Southampton will be ripping us off but at least we can console ourselves with the fact our defence won't be a laughing stock anymore.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 pm

We should really look to get him in January regardless of what happens in the game tomorrow. If he has a great game the place will be awash with people saying pay 100 million and if he doesn't then he will be a waste of money and were mad to sign him.
He went out on a limb for us in the summer so we should make good on our word to the lad seal the deal now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Rumours going around that Barca want Griezmann who could potentially be a Suarez replacement. Suarez has got wind of this and has become unhappy at the rumours and wants out before getting pushed out.

He also has "stated" that we are the only club he'd join if returning to the premier league. He's turned 30, but what a incredible signing he would be.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:23 pm wrote:Rumours going around that Barca want Griezmann who could potentially be a Suarez replacement. Suarez has got wind of this and has become unhappy at the rumours and wants out before getting pushed out.

He also has "stated" that we are the only club he'd join if returning to the premier league. He's turned 30, but what a incredible signing he would be.

Luis and Mascherano couldn't wait to bale out and leave us when they were in their footballing primes but now that they are past it all of a sudden Liverpool is where their hearts are  :glare:
I'd much prefer us to spend our money on players on the way up like Lemar and Upamecano.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:56 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:12 pm wrote:We should really look to get him in January regardless of what happens in the game tomorrow. If he has a great game the place will be awash with people saying pay 100 million and if he doesn't then he will be a waste of money and were mad to sign him.
He went out on a limb for us in the summer so we should make good on our word to the lad seal the deal now.

Yep, spot on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:46 am

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:23 pm wrote:Rumours going around that Barca want Griezmann who could potentially be a Suarez replacement. Suarez has got wind of this and has become unhappy at the rumours and wants out before getting pushed out.

I'd have him back, if they gave us Suarez plus £80 million we can buy Van Dyke and they can have Coutinho .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:45 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:23 pm wrote:Rumours going around that Barca want Griezmann who could potentially be a Suarez replacement. Suarez has got wind of this and has become unhappy at the rumours and wants out before getting pushed out.

I'd have him back, if they gave us Suarez plus £80 million we can buy Van Dyke and they can have Coutinho .

Suarez + 80 million for Coutinho?  :laugh:
You must be joking... Suarez is probably top 5 player in the world...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Next time I'll put a wink at the end of the sentence if that makes it easier for you.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:52 pm

maguskwt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:45 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 am wrote:

Suarez + 80 million for Coutinho?  :laugh:
You must be joking... Suarez is probably top 5 player in the world...

He's not these days, the goals have dried up significantly over the last 12 months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 am

Is VVD really that good? He had a big hand in two of our goals today and seems to make big errors every time I see him play. If he'd put that performance in for us he would have been crucified by our fans and the media.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:08 am

Eagle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:47 am wrote:Is VVD really that good? He had a big hand in two of our goals today and seems to make big errors every time I see him play. If he'd put that performance in for us he would have been crucified by our fans and the media.

He's not a world beater and never has been but he is better than anyone we've currently got imo, what I like about him is that he is particularly good in the air which is an area where teams do target us.
When we were reportedly first interested in him his fee was said to be around £30m (which would have been a fair price) but then City and Chelsea got involved, an auction ensued and his price skyrocketed.
He's never worth £70m in a million years but that's what happens when you are competing against 2 petro dollar clubs for someone's signature.
If we get him in January yes Southampton will be ripping us off but I'm not going to have a go at the club for finally showing some ambition.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:48 am

Eagle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 am wrote:Is VVD really that good? He had a big hand in two of our goals today and seems to make big errors every time I see him play. If he'd put that performance in for us he would have been crucified by our fans and the media.

He wants CL footy, maybe he was trying to help his next club to a top 4 finish.   :;):    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Distractions play a big part in a players game and their can be none greater than being forced to play in a game against the club whose badge you dream of having on your chest and the manager who fought so hard for your signature. I mean players are only human I doubt I could muster my A game in those circumstances  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:12 pm

He had some real stinkers last year too. Find it hard to believe we can't find a better CB anywhere in the world for less than the sort of money that's being talked about. But Klopp has had an excellent record on transfers so far so if the boss wants him let's get him in ASAP.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill