Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 am

Howedes available for ca 20M from Schalke. Only 29. Snap him up.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:55 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 am wrote:Howedes available for ca 20M from Schalke. Only 29. Snap him up.

Even though he would be turning 30 early next year that's actually not a bad shout, CB's tend to reach their peak between 28-32 because experience, reading the game and general know how (or to use a boxing analogy 'ring smart's') are all important factors in playing the position well. Even if he only gave us 2-3 good years it would at least give us a bit of breathing space to put together a back 4, besides 3 years is a long time in football.
He represented Germany at every level and was one of only 3 players to play every minute of every game when Germany won the last World Cup. He's great in the air too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 am

Barca apparently are now interested in signning our candidate Seri from Nice...Imagine that what a bunch of wnkers..I say just for the fun of it agree to sell Coutinho in exchange for Messi + cash.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:30 am

Just read that. W@nkers indeed..
bunglemark2

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:36 pm

They've been interested in Seri for a while now. Before we were, I think. He's a fantastic player and one of the best passers in the world imo. He isnt quite Alonso in his style (more mobile but not as solid defensively) but he's the type of player fans will love. Watched him play against Guinamp yesterday, dont recall him missing a pass; he's always trying to pick out runners down the flanks as well. Curls almost every pass.

I know we need a more defensive midfielder to partner Wijnaldum but I dont think I'd mind these 2 as a partnership if we can defend a bit better down the flanks. We'd be great in possession.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Can't see us signing ANY new players before the end of the window. And I'm more than a bit pi$$ed off about that. Nothing at all that looks even remotely possible right now. Phucks sake, it's not as if the club doesn't have money to spend...
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:05 am

Unless Southampton and Leipzig phone us up and offer us VVD and Keita I think we are done. If we were interested in that lad Seri then we would have acted on it before now.
Its just been another typical shyte transfer window under FSG where we failed to strengthen the team. At this stage they had better stay true to their word and Coutinho stays because they had more than enough time to secure a replacement. They just better not let him go when there isn't any time to get in an adequate replacement.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:20 am

aCe' » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm wrote:They've been interested in Seri for a while now. Before we were, I think. He's a fantastic player and one of the best passers in the world imo. He isnt quite Alonso in his style (more mobile but not as solid defensively) but he's the type of player fans will love. Watched him play against Guinamp yesterday, dont recall him missing a pass; he's always trying to pick out runners down the flanks as well. Curls almost every pass.

I know we need a more defensive midfielder to partner Wijnaldum but I dont think I'd mind these 2 as a partnership if we can defend a bit better down the flanks. We'd be great in possession.

Talk about Alonso, always fancied our youth player Chirivella cause his passing style reminds me of the Alonso. What happened to him? Klopp doesnt seem to fancy him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:55 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm

maguskwt wrote:
aCe' » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm wrote:They've been interested in Seri for a while now. Before we were, I think. He's a fantastic player and one of the best passers in the world imo. He isnt quite Alonso in his style (more mobile but not as solid defensively) but he's the type of player fans will love. Watched him play against Guinamp yesterday, dont recall him missing a pass; he's always trying to pick out runners down the flanks as well. Curls almost every pass.

Talk about Alonso, always fancied our youth player Chirivella cause his passing style reminds me of the Alonso. What happened to him? Klopp doesnt seem to fancy him...

He's gone out on loan again. Signed a deal with Willem II for the season.
Being honest I think this lad will be heading out the door in a year or so. We sent him out last year to gain 1st team experience and he got it but the decision was made to send him out again. I don't think Jurgen rates him either as I think he has only managed 1 appearance in the league for us under him. I always believe if the manager rates you he will keep you around in order to develop your career under him. Its pointless sending a player that you want to use to develop under another coach in another league. None of these players we send out come back into our 1st team either so highly doubtful Pedro will be the first. I would be thinking different if Jurgen had kept the lad for our preseason so he at least has time to coach him but he opted to pack him off instead. We are constantly led to believe we are signing top talents for the future but we are not because we barely even use any of these lads. He will be just another one who never got a chance.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Apparently reports eminating out of Brazil tonight suggest Phil was pressurised into taking a hard line stance by his advisors and he was very uneasy about going down that road. Looks like his rehabilitation has begun. As I have said a few times FSG deserve a hell of a lot of credit for their stance over this.
He probably won't return to the side until after the international break but we are a completely different team with him in the line up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 am

Interesting observations from a former player...
http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/pr ... 55270.html
Can't disagree with a whole lot of this either...
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:28 am

bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:14 pm wrote:Interesting observations from a former player...
http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/pr ... 55270.html
Can't disagree with a whole lot of this either...

Regarding Salah, that is exactly the criticism I have of FSG. Missing out on good players due to haggling. Same was with Delle Alli. The player procurement executives seem just amateurish. Letting VVD slip away, sticking with Keita evwn though you hear from his club quite strongly insisting the player is not for sale. I just dont understand it... are they new to their jobs?? Seems like it!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:23 pm wrote:Apparently reports eminating out of Brazil tonight suggest Phil was pressurised into taking a hard line stance by his advisors and he was very uneasy about going down that road. Looks like his rehabilitation has begun. As I have said a few times FSG deserve a hell of a lot of credit for their stance over this.
He probably won't return to the side until after the international break but we are a completely different team with him in the line up.

Sorry I'm far from convinced that FSG should be praised here.

For all we know Klopp could have threatened to have walked out on the club if we had sold Coutinho (as some papers have been reporting), meaning that we should be praising Klopp for finally have taken a stand against their ineptitude and/or greed. 

I'm of the belief that Rodgers should have resigned when Suarez was sold, instead he stayed on to manage the dross we saw come in. Fully understand that he wasn't in control of who was coming in / out, but ultimately being a "yes man" cost him his job and reputation. Klopp looks like he won't put up with that sh.i.t which is why we haven't spent money for the sake of spending money on rubbish like Balotelli, Markovic, Aspas, Alberto Moreno, etc
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:57 am

With their phantom unveiling announcements the Spanish press are probably the only press corps in the entire world who are more unreliable than the British press so take these stories coming out of Spain this morning with a huge grain of salt but it is being reported in Spain by more than one outlet that Mateo Kovacic has agreed to join us.
This may not actually be as far fetched as it sounds, he is behind Isco in the pecking order and may fancy a starring role in the prem ahead of a bench role at Real.
Because it's the Spanish press I'm refusing to get my hopes up too much yet but he would be a fantastic signing, he would transform our midfield. He's better than Keita imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill