Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:53 pm

http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:32 pm

I read he had a skin inflammation problem that reacts badly to cold weather and he has ruled out anywhere cold.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:25 pm

kazza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm wrote:

I read he had a skin inflammation problem that reacts badly to cold weather and he has ruled out anywhere cold.

My hole.... Did you get that from The National Enquirer?? :)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... k-13486582

New owners adamant Van Dijk will not be sold.
Similar to Leizpeg i don't think they will sell him.
Its not going to happen peeps, we really should look elsewhere.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:56 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:25 pm wrote:
kazza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm wrote:

My hole.... Did you get that from The National Enquirer?? :)

Not quite as reliable source as  teamtalk   :glare:  but for what it's worth

http://dailythepatriot.com/why-jean-seri-cant-play-in-cold-weather/

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jean-michael-seri-meet-nices-classy-playmaker-being-linked-liverpool?page=0%2C1
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 pm

There is plenty of brilliant Center halves. That Sanchez from Ajax is young quick and strong and would be a ideal signing for us. Manalos at Roma is quick and a very good defender.. we sat there twiddling our thumbs while ACMilan stole Bonucci for next to nothing especially a player of his standard. Why do we think VVD is the only good defender available?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Whoever we are after, I think it will be pushed through after the 2nd leg of the CL qualfier next week. There is anything between 50-100 mil riding on it so it has a massive influence both financially and also in how attractive we are to players.
Eagle

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Costa - Has told Chel$ki that he will not return to the club and will seek to return home to play for Athletico Madrid...
----
Player power is now destroying the game. FIFA will need to step in soon otherwise the game will be out of control.
The NFL, MBL and NBA all seem to manage player power quite well so I can't see why FIFA would let a bunch of $plitar$e$ ruin the sport we all love.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:44 am wrote:Costa - Has told Chel$ki that he will not return to the club and will seek to return home to play for Athletico Madrid...
----
Player power is now destroying the game. FIFA will need to step in soon otherwise the game will be out of control.
The NFL, MBL and NBA all seem to manage player power quite well so I can't see why FIFA would let a bunch of $plitar$e$ ruin the sport we all love.

Van Dijk, Coutinho, Costa, Suarez, Sterling the list goes on. Something's got to be done.

I think the contract situations will change, they currently aren't worth the paper they're written on
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:31 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:44 am wrote:Costa - Has told Chel$ki that he will not return to the club and will seek to return home to play for Athletico Madrid...
----

Van Dijk, Coutinho, Costa, Suarez, Sterling the list goes on. Something's got to be done.

I think the contract situations will change, they currently aren't worth the paper they're written on

I think all players should have release clauses in their contracts. Most other professions have laws that protect employees and allows them to resign -often after a notice period. Given transfer fees, transfer windows, etc. this wont work in football but a 'way out' of sorts needs to be figured out. The other sports you talk about all have significantly more strict regulations and contracts than football on transfers. It helps that they operate within a set market. In the NBA, you have salary caps and most players are paid depending on their performances and achievements rather than the club they play for. You have trades and drafts rather than transfers. It's a much more equal playing field.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:13 pm

aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:24 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:31 pm wrote:
----

I think all players should have release clauses in their contracts. Most other professions have laws that protect employees and allows them to resign -often after a notice period. Given transfer fees, transfer windows, etc. this wont work in football but a 'way out' of sorts needs to be figured out. The other sports you talk about all have significantly more strict regulations and contracts than football on transfers. It helps that they operate within a set market. In the NBA, you have salary caps and most players are paid depending on their performances and achievements rather than the club they play for. You have trades and drafts rather than transfers. It's a much more equal playing field.

I disagree.
You're correct- American sports leagues have regulations that keep things a lot more fair. That's why you constantly have different teams going from one of the worst to one of the best teams within a few years. That's certainly more exciting, but as we've seen any attempted regulation in FFP has been an absolute joke. Forcing release clauses would only help the teams with the money. It wouldn't allow smaller clubs to keep players- they'd have no control. Your Barca's and Madrid's of the world could literally have anybody they want. That's not much different then you see now, but as we've seen this year even with big money, the likes of Keita, VVD and Coutinho have all been held on to by their clubs as of now. The clubs with money would just pull further and further away.

If you want to even it out, you'd have to create a salad cap or spending cap that was equal for all clubs. I don't see that happening with the current power & influence the few top clubs currently have.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Apparently the bookies have made us favourites to sign Draxler after a load of cash was put on the deal today....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Another slow day of rumours for us.. it has to be the worst transfer window ever for us. Yeah we've signed worse players but that was due to us having average managers at that period (Big Woy)
I just can't help but get frustrated because I know for a fact we could challenge with a couple of really good signings. If we fail this year our better players will look to leave and we'll have to rebuild from scratch again and the cycle will continue.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ken_job » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Draxler would be a high quality signing especially if we are losing Coutinho (still can't see him staying to be honest). If PSG are having a fire sale then we should also consider making an offer for Krychowiak, he was excellent for Sevilla. Twice Europa League winner and named in La Liga team of the season before he signed for PSG
ken_job

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:26 pm

ken_job » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:24 pm wrote:Draxler would be a high quality signing especially if we are losing Coutinho (still can't see him staying to be honest). If PSG are having a fire sale then we should also consider making an offer for Krychowiak, he was excellent for Sevilla. Twice Europa League winner and named in La Liga team of the season before he signed for PSG

I'd sign Draxler regardless. He's mustard. End of!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill