Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Apparently Southampton FC have just been sold to some Chinese guy.  Just read it from a mod over on RAWK
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:54 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:30 pm wrote:Apparently Southampton FC have just been sold to some Chinese guy.  Just read it from a mod over on RAWK

It's a partnership by the looks of it, 50/50 split with the current owners.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:05 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 am wrote:Some interesting figures there RTID. Was watching Sunday Supplement yesterday and the (respected)  Journo's there , from The Mail, The Telegraph and The Mirror, where discussing players and contracts. General consensus was that nowadays £60-70 grand a week is what you would expect a MID table club to pay a 1st team player.

Think that figure is what most of the Southampton players earned before we made off with them. I'd say that's the higher end of their pay scale as well because not all would be getting that. Some of the lower clubs are around 5 to 35k I would say depending if you made the team for the weekends game.
Personally I think we pay our average players too much and for what we pay the likes of Henderson we could get a Reus or Aubameyang. Dortmund's salary cap is apparently 4 million euro a year which is what we are paying the likes of Ings. We should be in a position where we can sign a few ready made players with the offer of 100 to 150k but that is far too high of a starting point for FSG on a contract that they will more than likely have to renew in 2 years.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:23 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:02 pm

We used to have the Welsh Xavi... Now we're after the African one...
:oops:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:58 pm

If we get Insigne to replace Coutinho, Vidal as a alternative to missing out on Keita, VVD eventually and that John Seri who is a very impressive player with good vision and excellent through balls.. Then it will be the best window we've ever had IMO.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:01 pm

If we cant get Keita then this fella is as capable ,although he's been earmarked for Barcelona for some time now ,so possibly more time spent ***** into the wind  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Transfer window for next season will close before season begins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... on-starts/

I think its a good move if it happens.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am

redshade » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:16 pm wrote:Transfer window for next season will close before season begins.

Only a good move if it applies to all leagues throughout Europe.

If I understand the proposal correctly only premier league clubs will be unable to sign players once the season kicks off, clubs in Spain, France, Italy etc will still be able to sign players and that includes those from the premiership

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 am

FSG will be in favour of this , 3 Weeks less time to spend nothing.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:05 am

That is true it would be devastating for clubs who go into a new season and lose their main stars to an overseas club. That would mean no replacement until Jan.
Im surprised majority of clubs are in favour of this.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:07 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:27 am wrote:
redshade » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:16 pm wrote:Transfer window for next season will close before season begins.

Only a good move if it applies to all leagues throughout Europe.

If I understand the proposal correctly only premier league clubs will be unable to sign players once the season kicks off, clubs in Spain, France, Italy etc will still be able to sign players and that includes those from the premiership

Which would leave us even more buggered in our current situation re Coutinho
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Its a bit stupid only applying that in one league unless they stop all outgoings as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:07 am

Just looking at this bit again
Under the proposed new rules it is understood that English top-flight clubs will be permitted to sell players to clubs in other countries, but transfer deals from one Premier League club to another are to be off limits when the season starts.

Now realise that although premiership clubs can't buy or sell from each other after the season kicks off, Premiership Clubs can still buy and sell players to and from clubs in Europe.

A slightly better arrangement than I first thought but still a bit of a puzzle.

Under this ruling, between the Premiership kick off and the end of August close of transfer window any Premiership club who feels the need to strengthen their squad can only do so if they bring in a player from a team outside of the premiership.
For the top clubs it would probably be a player from Europe, for the financial also rans it would be the lower ranked players in Europe (or Scotland) and maybe some from the lower leagues in England (?)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 am

Why put the sides in the league at a disadvantage ? I dont see the benefit in this unless its a UEFA ruling and everyone in Europe follows. Given the fact all leagues dont start at the same time, it would probably only mean pushing the deadline back a month or so.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill