Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 pm

kartiek » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 pm wrote:I really hate to say this but I feel that Utd might have played it smart this window. They haven't gotten the best players but they're filling important cogs in their system while we sit around and hope for the "best" players who never come. Unless things change dramatically in the next few weeks in our transfer fortunes, I reckon we'll be ceding ground over last years' progress and Klopp will have to take the blame for this.  :down:

His created a spine for them, strengthened them in key positions. You start from the back and then sort out the front. We are in reverse and are failing to address our weak areas. Last season United were very strong at the back.
Maureen has a good balanced side which will challenge on all fronts.
Hate to say it but the man does know how to set up his teams.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 pm

United pay ridiculous wages though which always helps.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:43 pm

With Utd, they've brought in Lukaku and Matic...both players accustomed to the league and ones who Maureen has already worked with in the past. They are shrewd signings in the respect that they can go in and hit the ground running and fix weak areas for them. Obviously helps with them paying crazy fee's and wages.

Let's not kid ourselves and make excuses though, we can go out there and sign some real quality players ourselves. My concern is that if for whatever reason we can't get our first choice in, we seem to dawdle and sometimes comes across as not having any alternatives. I mean I totally agree we shouldn't bring any old player in just for the sake of it, but for example no one can tell him there isn't an alternative to Keita out there?
Doeboy

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:26 pm wrote:
aCe' » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm wrote:FSG are not going to pay out big money on a 28 year old Aubamayang. Rose is injured and even if he was fit, good luck getting a deal struck with Levy for a player they don't want to sell while at the same time trying to compete with Utd for him. Matuidi is on his way to Juventus by all accounts.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the next 20-23 year old top class player who isn't wanted by any top club then.

I think for where we are at the moment, it really is about picking up players that are maybe go under the radar somewhat. There are plenty of good players out there imo. Someone like Brandt, Insigne for example. If we wanted someone maybe a bit more established, we could look at someone like Lucas Moura at PSG, especially once the money bags have done their shopping and maybe wouldn't go for him. PSG may need to recoup some money for FFP and at 25, he is the kind of age where FSG would be prepared to pay up. Also think PSG wouldn't ask ridiculous money for him.

He is no better than Mane or Salah. To be honest, I'm not sure that next bracket of player is within our reach. Hence going for top players in other position that we might be able to get. We do need backup for Salah and Mane though, but spending 40+mill on a bench player wouldnt be a great idea when we have 3 or 4 positions in the starting 11 that could do with improving.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:39 pm

According to the telegraph Chelsea are planning a bid for Van Dijk.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 pm wrote:United pay ridiculous wages though which always helps.

And have probably spent close to half a billion pounds in the last five years

I'm really worried about Utd, Maureen has built a team that are huge. They must be the biggest team in the league and I don't remember a team as big as them in my memory. The whole team practically are six foot a lot and they will bully most teams and walk it, the teams they cannot bully Maureen will park the bus and nick a point. At the tail end of the season, the press will hype them so much that many teams will roll over for them before a ball has been kicked, it's actually my worst nightmare and I pray it does not happen. A smug Maureen is too much to stomach and our weakness in defense is their strength so I think they will match up well against us.
Last edited by kazza on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 pm

redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:39 pm wrote:According to the telegraph Chelsea are planning a bid for Van Dijk.

I've always felt they will move for him late on. It will come to a point where if he doesnt get his favoured move to us, he will just want to get out of Southampton and nice big wage at Chelsea will soften the blow of missing out on a move to us
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:04 pm

If Chelsea end up with Van Dijk even though he wanted to come to us that would just about sum this window up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:33 pm

kazza » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:59 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 pm wrote:United pay ridiculous wages though which always helps.

And have probably spent close to half a billion pounds in the last five years

I'm really worried about Utd, Maureen has built a team that are huge. They must be the biggest team in the league and I don't remember a team as big as them in my memory. The whole team practically are six foot a lot and they will bully most teams and walk it, the teams they cannot bully Maureen will park the bus and nick a point. At the tail end of the season, the press will hype them so much that many teams will roll over for them before a ball has been kicked, it's actually my worst nightmare and I pray it does not happen. A smug Maureen is too much to stomach and our weakness in defense is their strength so I think they will match up well against us.

I never really focused on Lukaku that much but today i caught him properly and have to admit he is very quick for his size. Strong, tall and quick.
Maureen has got a few beasts in his team and to be honest you need players like those. Thats why i say it the core/spine is crucial if you want a successful team.
I hate complimenting the mancs and maureen but it is what it is.
On the flip side you have to remember that his spent close to 200m on a CM and ST. Money like that will never be available for sides like us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:58 pm

It's the wages and not the transfer fees that are crippling.

Manure are forking out 200k a week to squad fillers. They're even paying Rooney 150k a week to play for everton...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:03 am

Ibra is another example last season he was on around £350k a wk.
Mancs have got a lot of financial muscle and seems like he will be back with them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 am

Not every player at Manure is earning crazy money. There is only 3 that is and its De Gea, Lukaku and Pogba.
Here is an article when Matic signed.

Fossah Mensah 5K 
Rashford 20K 
Jones 50K   
Sergio Romero 50K   
Darmian 60K   
Martial 65K
Shaw 70K
Rojo 70k 
Bailly 75K
Herrera 75K
Blind 75K
Valencia 80K
Carrick 80k
Smalling 80k
Feilani 80K
Lingaard 100k
Young 110K
Lindelof 120K
Matic 140K
Mata 140k
Mikhitaryan 140K
De Gea 200K   
Lukaku 250K
Pogba 290K
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... tgalleries

Liverpool
Ojo 10K.
Gomez 10K.
Solanke 20K.
Grujic 20K.
Origi 25k.
Klavan 30k.
Moreno 40K.
Can 55K.
Ings 60K.
Mingolet 60K.
Clyne 60K.
Karius 60K.
Sakho 75K.
Wijnaljdum 75K.
Lucas 80K.
Mane 80K.
Salah 90k.
Firmino 100k.
Henderson 100K.
Lovren 100K.
Matip 112K.
Sturridge 120K.
Milner 120K.
Lallana 120K.
Coutinho 150K.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/sports ... tgalleries

Managers is Klopp 221K and Maureen 312.5K.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 am

Some interesting figures there RTID. Was watching Sunday Supplement yesterday and the (respected)  Journo's there , from The Mail, The Telegraph and The Mirror, where discussing players and contracts. General consensus was that nowadays £60-70 grand a week is what you would expect a MID table club to pay a 1st team player.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Doeboy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Report linking us with Jean Michael Seri today from Nice. Apparently we've made an enquiry.
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:24 pm

Eh, who is he?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill