Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:20 pm

I know how it looks but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we still end up getting him and this is all a PR exercise. The alternative for RB is they keep him for another season and their rivals Bayern activate his release clause next summer and RB get 10-15 mil less. Its all just guess work obviously because nobody knows what's going on but at some point we need to walk away and go for another CM as we are short in this area. You would think the club are pretty confident of adding someone having sanctioned the sales of Lucus and Stewart.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:22 pm

johnbarnes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 am wrote:
Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 am wrote:Sounds like there is a bit of a power struggle going on at RB and that's why there are so many mixed messsges. If they stand in the way of Keita moving onto a bigger club despite a big and reasonable fee being offered they'll get a bad rep and players will think twice about going there. No matter how ambitious they might be the fact is right now they aren't a big club.

My guess is that we'll eventually get him but only after the media pantomime has played out painting Keita as the bad bad guy with RB doing all they can to keep him.

It's a shame that FSG didn't kick up the same kind of stink (instead of rolling over) when Barca came in for LS...
At least it would have been less painful for us.

We did and some the season before. That bought FSG some brownie points with the fans.
Eagle

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:06 pm

RB Leipzig is bluffing... walk away... he is never worth more than 50 mil pounds...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:22 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 am wrote:
Eagle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 am wrote:Sounds like there is a bit of a power struggle going on at RB and that's why there are so many mixed messsges. If they stand in the way of Keita moving onto a bigger club despite a big and reasonable fee being offered they'll get a bad rep and players will think twice about going there. No matter how ambitious they might be the fact is right now they aren't a big club.

My guess is that we'll eventually get him but only after the media pantomime has played out painting Keita as the bad bad guy with RB doing all they can to keep him.

It's a shame that FSG didn't kick up the same kind of stink (instead of rolling over) when Barca came in for LS...
At least it would have been less painful for us.

We did and some the season before. That bought FSG some brownie points with the fans.

Anyway - Klopp really wants this player so I'm hoping it's all just media hype to raise the profiles of both clubs before a deal gets the green light.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:05 pm

maguskwt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:06 pm wrote:RB Leipzig is bluffing... walk away... he is never worth more than 50 mil pounds...

He's a great player and would be a perfect fit, but you're right. Given his £49m release clause next summer and the reports that he wants to come here, I'd leave it until next summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Hope we get Keita now as dont want to wait Im sick of waiting to be honest, want the best we can be this season and the club should show the ambition.

If we dont get Keita or Van Dyk I will be fuming particularly as it appears the club doesnt feel any other players in the world can upgrade the team  :glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 pm

We do seem to be banking a lot on these two key signings....in other news Andy Robertson looks a done deal, with kevin Stewart going the other way. Good bit if business as Stewart was going to struggle to break into our first 11.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:03 am

I think other clubs are ahead of us in strengthening their squad for next season. Not saying we shouldn't offload one or two but if we get a few injuries, a paper thin squad will return to haunt us
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:15 am

Looks like we are going to up our bid to £70m for Keita. I must admit from the outside looking in it looks a complete waste of time as Red Bull seem to be adamant that the lad is not for sale, given the way we keep returning with improved offers though we must think Leipzig are bluffing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:59 am

I would hate it if we are couple of days away from the first match and still in the same situation.
Don't know why but it feels that is what may happen.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:15 pm wrote:Looks like we are going to up our bid to £70m for Keita. I must admit from the outside looking in it looks a complete waste of time as Red Bull seem to be adamant that the lad is not for sale, given the way we keep returning with improved offers though we must think Leipzig are bluffing.

I just don't understand why we don't have alternative targets... surely if we are ready to spend 50-60 million pounds on a CM, there are plenty of alternative targets...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:01 am

How lazy and clueless does the scouting department have to be?
Ok, so clubs want 200 million for Keita and Van Dijk?

MOVE ON to the next targets. Cause you DO HAVE scouted other targets, RIGHT?  :no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 am

I am actually way more interested on what becomes of the Van Dijk rumors. He is someone who will come in and address a major weakness we have. Keita -however good a player he is- will come in to replace either Henderson or Wijnaldum. We already dominate possession in the majority of games and our main weaknesses defensively are in addressing crosses and defending the counter. He could marginally improve us on the latter but wont add much to our defending of set pieces.

It could just be me, but I'd prioritize signing VVD over any other.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Penguins » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:01 am wrote:How lazy and clueless does the scouting department have to be?

MOVE ON to the next targets. Cause you DO HAVE scouted other targets, RIGHT?  :no

Precisely what I mean...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Penguins » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:01 am wrote:How lazy and clueless does the scouting department have to be?

Klopp has likened Keita to his dream car. Not sure who else he has in mind but it's pretty clear Klopp wants Keita
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill