Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kartiek » Sat May 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Anyone know much about Ryan Sessegnon? Keep being linked to him. Seems very very one-footed tho.
kartiek

Postby parchpea » Sat May 20, 2017 1:31 pm

The club seem obsessed in recruting a young left back, we had the Chilwell chase last season that fizzled out over price and now we are courting Sessegnon.

Sessegnon is just 18 years old and at this point a Championship player and Fulham will want a considerable amount.

Basically your bunging £15-20m on a boy that may be worth double that in a few years who proably wont contribute a great deal for 2 years and potentially completely bomb out without regular football.

For me Klopp needs to concentrate on building a strong 15 players to compete now and add boys like Sessengon during a successful period and into the right conditions not now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 20, 2017 2:14 pm

kartiek » Sat May 20, 2017 11:46 am wrote:Anyone know much about Ryan Sessegnon? Keep being linked to him. Seems very very one-footed tho.

I wasn't keen on him due to his age (too young to be a first team regular) but I saw him in the playoffs against Reading and was pretty impressed. The lad reminded me of a stronger version of Trent Alexander-Arnold i.e he's tall, rangy, quick and very athletic. He's going to be a very good player in a few years time so I'd deffo sign him if we get the chance.
He's probably good enough to play in the first team now imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 20, 2017 10:40 pm

That sessignon kid has had a great season with 27 apps and 7 goals for Fulham and he certainly looks a good player but he isn't what we need atm. He only turned 17 on Thursday and we need someone more established, Not a kid with one season under his belt  :no Going from that to a side wanting to challenge for a premier league is a gigantic step up and a lot of pressure on the player. If we can sign him as back up then it would be a good move but not as 1st choice LB.
What we need to do this summer is sign players that will progress this side and at the very least be able to secure CL again. The last time we made the mistake of signing the wrong players and that has set us back almost 4 years so it would damning if its allowed to happen again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 20, 2017 10:46 pm

I agree with that mate, Sessignon is good and has got great potential but not ready to step in as a regular with a demanding club like ours.

Why do i get the feeling Klopp will stick with Milner as our regular LB next season. I really hope we buy someone to step in our main xi.

This summer will be interesting for sure..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun May 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Interesting, direct quotes from post match press conference...

Klopp: "The work for next season is already pretty much done."

Klopp: "We now have to make a decision, some negotiations need to had...but most of the work is pretty much done yes."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 21, 2017 6:10 pm

C-R » Sun May 21, 2017 4:54 pm wrote:Interesting, direct quotes from post match press conference...

Klopp: "We now have to make a decision, some negotiations need to had...but most of the work is pretty much done yes."

Interesting....very interesting.  He said a while back we need 6 players...perhaps the CL footie was the make or break clause?  Wonder who we'll get....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm

C-R » Sun May 21, 2017 4:54 pm wrote:Interesting, direct quotes from post match press conference...

Probably just means they've listed out who their main targets are, with Klopp having had conversations with them. Now it's down to the business people to take care of things. And that of course will take it's sweet time.
kartiek

Postby parchpea » Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Possible deals set up to be signed once we get top 4 so all the leg work is complete.

Two I feel that could be nailed on are Keita and Sessegnon whether they where top 4 compliant or not, probably not with Sessegnon.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 21, 2017 7:41 pm

not sure what I make of that, I'd imagine big names wouldn't sit down with the club until they knew 100% that we were going to be in the CL next year. It sounds like we were getting these players if we qualified for the CL or not.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 21, 2017 8:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 21, 2017 6:41 pm wrote:

not sure what I make of that, I'd imagine big names wouldn't sit down with the club until they knew 100% that we were going to be in the CL next year. It sounds like we were getting these players if we qualified for the CL or not.

Klopp hinted at such pre Boro when he stated he could see no sense in recruiting players that would only play for us if we were in the CL, it seems he goes about his business by talking directly to the players he wants and selling them his vision in much the same manner as old whisky nose  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 22, 2017 9:08 am

Yesterday's Sunday Mirror and now today's Guardian are linking us with a move for Demarai Gray. He's not the worst player I've ever seen but is he really the type to take us to that next level?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 22, 2017 9:10 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 22, 2017 9:08 am wrote:Yesterday's Sunday Mirror and now today's Guardian are linking us with a move for Demarai Gray. He's not the worst player I've ever seen but is he really the type to take us to that next level?

he is only OK in my opinion and is he really an upgrade on Jordan Ibe ??? look at Ibe now  :no
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 22, 2017 9:31 am

C-R » Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 22, 2017 9:08 am wrote:Yesterday's Sunday Mirror and now today's Guardian are linking us with a move for Demarai Gray. He's not the worst player I've ever seen but is he really the type to take us to that next level?

he is only OK in my opinion and is he really an upgrade on Jordan Ibe ??? look at Ibe now  :no

Yeah I tend to agree mate, our rivals are after players like Griezemann, Mbappe, Lacazette etc, signing the likes of Gray isn't really going to be enough.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 22, 2017 10:52 am

90% of our business will be announced on the 1st of july the same as it is every year.  I think most will be disappointed when they see who they are  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill