Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Sun May 14, 2017 7:14 pm

parchpea » Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm wrote:If we do secure top 4 Im expecting this thread to be pinging over the summer, 2000 pages  :nod  :D

Im looking forward to that mate :D.
Very happy today job still not done but feel optimistic now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 14, 2017 8:14 pm

I will be absolutely delighted if we get Luan, especially after watching him emerge as the star of the Olympics when so much was expected of Neymar and Jesus, Luan was a revelation, ridiculously talented and in 2016 he was courted by Barcelona and United as well as ourselves.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 14, 2017 8:57 pm

parchpea » Sun May 14, 2017 3:50 pm wrote:If we do secure top 4 Im expecting this thread to be pinging over the summer, 2000 pages  :nod  :D

The last few windows have been very quiet, I miss the good old days when we were linked with about 50 players a week and 99.9% of the stories were completely untrue. At the time those fabricated stories and spurious links used to pi$$ me off but these quiet windows have made me realise just how much fun those windows were
:laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Sun May 14, 2017 10:09 pm

I don't think our CL qualification will change things much.

We are now the club that fears spending money and mostly buys English players (or those who've played in the PL) to minimize risk. Not sure that's going to change at all. I think windows were more fun under Rafa not because we had more money but because we were buying so much of the unknown.
kartiek

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun May 14, 2017 10:27 pm

A few journalist's (not the more creditable ones) are reporting that we've done a deal for Hull's left back Andrew Robertson and it will be announced as soon as the window opens. Thoughts?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 15, 2017 12:03 am

Is he any good? I have not really kept an eye on him this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 15, 2017 12:06 am

Pig Catcher » Sun May 14, 2017 9:27 pm wrote:A few journalist's (not the more creditable ones) are reporting that we've done a deal for Hull's left back Andrew Robertson and it will be announced as soon as the window opens. Thoughts?

Can't say I'm particularly excited about the deal PC, i could be doing the lad an injustice but he seems the type of LB a club like West Brom or Bournemouth would have, not really a side hoping to compete for the biggest prizes in the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ken_job » Mon May 15, 2017 12:26 am

I think Robertson can do a job for us. He's a decent defender, good positionally, relatively quick and gets forward when he can and he's only 23 with 3 full seasons now completed with Hull. Hes not a world beater but I think he's ready for a step up and there's some improving still. Certainly worth a punt at £8M and I'd far rather him in my team or warming my bench than that dope Moreno
ken_job

Postby kartiek » Mon May 15, 2017 12:34 am

I would be surprised and dismayed if Robertson was being brought in to be first choice left back. Then again he's 24? Not sure why he would come in as second choice. We should be aiming higher and keeping Milner as back up.

Also, it seems like the Van Dijk rumors are serious given James Pearce also talked about it and has said that we're not flustered by the 50 mil price tag on him.
kartiek

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 15, 2017 12:55 am

Watched Robertson today for Hull v Palace. Got to admit, not particularly impressed. Maybe as a backup but he looked way of the standard required. Who knows, difficult to judge on just one game
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 15, 2017 12:59 am

kartiek » Sun May 14, 2017 11:34 pm wrote:I would be surprised and dismayed if Robertson was being brought in to be first choice left back. Then again he's 24? Not sure why he would come in as second choice. We should be aiming higher and keeping Milner as back up.

Also, it seems like the Van Dijk rumors are serious given James Pearce also talked about it and has said that we're not flustered by the 50 mil price tag on him.

There's no way on earth Van Dijk is worth £50m, if we pay that we must be soft.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Mon May 15, 2017 1:25 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 14, 2017 11:59 pm wrote:
kartiek » Sun May 14, 2017 11:34 pm wrote:I would be surprised and dismayed if Robertson was being brought in to be first choice left back. Then again he's 24? Not sure why he would come in as second choice. We should be aiming higher and keeping Milner as back up.

I was surprised by us not being scared of the 50 mil price tag :wwww more than anything.
kartiek

Postby kazza » Mon May 15, 2017 7:19 am

Probably not worth it but he would really help our defense, he looks like a real footballer.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 15, 2017 2:03 pm

kazza » Mon May 15, 2017 6:19 am wrote:

Probably not worth it but he would really help our defense, he looks like a real footballer.

His asking price has spiralled out of control though mate. Originally it was rumoured that Southampton were looking for around £25m-£30m for him but when rich clubs like City, United and Chelsea threw their hat in the ring his fee was artificially inflated to a level that just doesn't match the talent.
Don't get me wrong he is a good player and he would improve us but he is not worth £50m or anything like it, im not even convinced he is better than Matip, if he is then it is not by much, what did we pay for big Joel again?
Good deals are out there if we look hard enough for them, Van Dijk would have been a terrific buy from Celtic for £11m or whatever it was Southampton paid for him but £50m? That's Alexi Sanchez/Isco/ Verrati type money.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon May 15, 2017 2:36 pm

I agree with you but since it is not my money I say pay up and get the best we can, 50million is ridiculous and we should have got him earlier. Having said that he is at the perfect age to step up a level and become world class.

If we can find someone equal in skill for cheaper than I'm all for it, I just think you need to pay for quality and we always seem to compromise when it comes down to it. Bottom line is if they are that good they will cost.

Frankly he will probably end up at a moneybags club which we are not.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill