Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Mon May 08, 2017 4:27 pm

I don't know why i think Mahrez will end up with Mannure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 08, 2017 6:48 pm

redshade » Mon May 08, 2017 3:27 pm wrote:I don't know why i think Mahrez will end up with Mannure.

Think they have bigger fish to fry tbh. Heard a while back, Mahrez is off to London, no idea which club though
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 09, 2017 11:08 am

Seen an article in todays mirror saying that Michael Keane has a verbal agreement to join us but is holding off to see if we get CL  :wwww  There is just so much wrong with that if its true  :nod 
Another thing is that wtf are our scouts at ? They are supposed to be identifying these players early rather than us to go a year later and massively overspend on these players who moved to that club for small money a year or two beforehand. If keane does cost 25 million then that's 10 times more than what they paid in the first place and he won't even oust Lovren from our starting 11.  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Michael Keane is quality and will get better. FSG have seen his potential and are acting on it. good on them.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue May 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Keane speculation persists along with Van Dijk and ex Chelsea now Roma star Salah as an option rather than Brandt.

I think we are already on second and third choices and the window isnt even open.

What its worth I rate Salah but he snubbed us before, Keane a no for me after one good season and a United reject, Van Dijk highly rated but I am personally not convinced certainly not at £50m.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Keane is just an average Mathew Upson style plodder, we have better players already at the club, I'd be gutted if we got him. Don't want Salah either, he's okay but nothing special, I'd rather we went for Traore from Boro or Redmond from Southampton.
The managers change but the underwhelming names don't.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 09, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm not holding my breath regarding transfers this summer. There's a lot of links flying around but that is always the case leading upto the summer window. Think this summer is going to be very competitive with the likes of the chelsea, mancs, city ready to throw serious money to get themselves up and wouldnt be surprised if we have a few common targets
Doeboy

Postby only me » Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 5:27 pm wrote:Keane is just an average Mathew Upson style plodder, we have better players already at the club, I'd be gutted if we got him. Don't want Salah either, he's okay but nothing special, I'd rather we went for Traore from Boro or Redmond from Southampton.

Traore?? Really mate? He is a total donkey...Salah is a finished article and would be a good boost for the squad...However he is at a CL team right now in a much better weather he wouldn't move..I think we should raid Teams in France and Germany..Maybe from Monaco or others they have a lot of hidden gems
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 pm

only me » Tue May 09, 2017 6:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 5:27 pm wrote:Keane is just an average Mathew Upson style plodder, we have better players already at the club, I'd be gutted if we got him. Don't want Salah either, he's okay but nothing special, I'd rather we went for Traore from Boro or Redmond from Southampton.

Traore?? Really mate? He is a total donkey...Salah is a finished article and would be a good boost for the squad...However he is at a CL team right now in a much better weather he wouldn't move..I think we should raid Teams in France and Germany..Maybe from Monaco or others they have a lot of hidden gems

Traore's end product is absolutely awful. Maybe to beefen up the squad, his pace and running could be useful but in the last third he is utter toilet. I'd imagine we can probably pay more in wages than Roma so I think Salah could be tempted. Still only 24/25 and he has 13 goals in 28 games which is a very respectable for a wide player and in a league where teams generally set up quite defensively. Certainly wouldn't dismiss him as a player
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Tue May 09, 2017 9:06 pm

redshade » Mon May 08, 2017 3:27 pm wrote:I don't know why i think Mahrez will end up with Mannure.

I think the same, Mourinho said he was a huge admirer...good player

As for Saleh..didnt he choose chelsea over us when brendan wanted him?  he can f*ck off he was ***** with them
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Mannure have the ability to pay crazy wages like 367k pw for Ibrahimovic and 165k pw Pogba. That is why they can snap talent by paying ridiculous amounts.
If they buy greizman im sure it will be 60-70 mill sale and wages possibly 250k.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Wouldn't mind if we went for Salah actually. Mourinho never gave him a chance (see Schurrle and De Bruyne for further proof that Mourinho can get it wrong on player judgement). He's gone on and had fantastic end product for Roma in terms of goals/assists. He's a better player now than the one Chelsea bought a few years back. Plus he has one crucial thing we lack when Mane is absent... pace. We have to bring in a few quick players ino.

As for choosing chelsea over us, my take on it at the time was that we were trying to pinch him on the cheap and Chelsea came in and sorted a deal quickly. That's not the player's fault. By most accounts at the time he was up for coming to us but we fluffed the deal for whatever reason.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Well if Klopp is going to persist with this one dimensional playing style , and we are looking for a forward... id prefer we look to someone who can unlock a defence or a big man that can get on the end of a cross... sounds like weve been down this road before  :laugh: vicious circles
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:16 am

I'd personally like Klopp to break into Rafa's gaff and steal all his Matchday notes. At least Rafa knew how to send out a team to defend properly.... Can't imagine how we're gonna score against the Toon army next season
:)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:50 pm

JC_81 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:18 pm wrote:Wouldn't mind if we went for Salah actually. Mourinho never gave him a chance (see Schurrle and De Bruyne for further proof that Mourinho can get it wrong on player judgement). He's gone on and had fantastic end product for Roma in terms of goals/assists. He's a better player now than the one Chelsea bought a few years back. Plus he has one crucial thing we lack when Mane is absent... pace. We have to bring in a few quick players ino.

As for choosing chelsea over us, my take on it at the time was that we were trying to pinch him on the cheap and Chelsea came in and sorted a deal quickly. That's not the player's fault. By most accounts at the time he was up for coming to us but we fluffed the deal for whatever reason.

I agree, Salah is an excellent player and has definitely improved since we when we nearly signed him a few years back. At the moment we will only have Mane who plays in a similar way and we have all seen how vital he is to how we set up, i think he would be a great signing, the only issue is that Salah plays for Egypt so will also report for international duty at the same time as Mane meaning when theirs an African Nations Cup they will both be gone but thats a problem for the season after next.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill