Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 pm

I hope we don't splash ridiculous cash on Van dijk.
50 mill no thanks im sure there are CBs elsewhere that wont cost that much.
Problem is if you shop in the premiership your bound to spend a lot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:00 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 pm wrote:
parchpea » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 pm wrote:Van Dijk has Liverpool written all over him and he will be rubbish.

Think it shows how narrow our outlook is, the boy from Fulham, lad from Hull full backs, and Southampton, again.

I predict another miserable summer of utter waste and ridiculous penny pinching, crazy world of our recruitment.

Agree mate, If we are going to buy another Southampton player I'd rather it was Nathan Redmond.
Van Dijk is half decent but you don't pay £50m for a half decent player. You can see what's going to happen a mile off, we'll pay a fortune for VVD, then Southampton will pick up someone just as good or even better from the French second division or somewhere for about £6m.
Make right cvnts out of us.

£50m for Van Dijk is insanity. Granted, he is has good games where he does very well but I've seen plenty of games where he has been very suspect.  Remind you of someone we currently have also from southampton?

The one player i do like the look of at Southampton, is Romeu. He has been excellent and really think this guy would add a lot to our midfield. Good pedigree coming from the Barca youth setup and whenever I've watched him, he is a real presence in midfield. Get's about in midfield and a good passer of the ball. Wouldn't mind him at all
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Ian Ayre on why we didn't sign Ali  :down:

"There was interest in the player, but where it got to was that the demands at that time were not fitting to what he had achieved at that point," Ayre said at a lecture in Liverpool on Wednesday.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-t ... e-ian-ayre

For starters Ali was only 19 and somehow the genius football people at the club didn't think he was worth 5 fecking million  :laugh: I'm sure a few will say hindsight is a great thing but it wasn't as if the lad was under the radar or anything and had been praised up and down the country for his performances at the Dons. 
Another shining example of the clueless dolts at the club pretending to know what they are at  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Its beginning to look like Milner is the preferred LB for next season again  :laugh:  By all reports Sessignon is the preferred back up but should we not get him Hulls Andy Robertson is the replacement.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... s-12944494
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:19 am wrote:Ian Ayre on why we didn't sign Ali  :down:

"There was interest in the player, but where it got to was that the demands at that time were not fitting to what he had achieved at that point," Ayre said at a lecture in Liverpool on Wednesday.

For starters Ali was only 19 and somehow the genius football people at the club didn't think he was worth 5 fecking million  :laugh: I'm sure a few will say hindsight is a great thing but it wasn't as if the lad was under the radar or anything and had been praised up and down the country for his performances at the Dons. 
Another shining example of the clueless dolts at the club pretending to know what they are at  :nod

It's ridiculous really. Worse  thing was his manager at the time Karl Robinson, a red, who was telling Rodgers to sign him as the kid was going to be special. Rodgers was up for it but the money men and their spreadsheets said no. That's the difference between us and the likes of City, Chelsea and Man Utd. They back their managers. Yes, their financial might allows them to but it's a massive advantage and if we are nit picking over £5m, God knows what we do when we get quoted for established players
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Doeboy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:19 am wrote:Ian Ayre on why we didn't sign Ali  :down:

It's ridiculous really. Worse  thing was his manager at the time Karl Robinson, a red, who was telling Rodgers to sign him as the kid was going to be special. Rodgers was up for it but the money men and their spreadsheets said no. That's the difference between us and the likes of City, Chelsea and Man Utd. They back their managers. Yes, their financial might allows them to but it's a massive advantage and if we are nit picking over £5m, God knows what we do when we get quoted for established players

Not only is Robinson a red mate he used to be a coach at Liverpool as well and he was basically imploring the club to buy the lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:19 am

Missing out on Ali was a huge mistake but to be fair they probably hear about 100 kids a year that will be " the next..."

Hindsight is 20/20 but he would have been a great replacement for Gerrard
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:41 pm

kazza » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:19 am wrote:Missing out on Ali was a huge mistake but to be fair they probably hear about 100 kids a year that will be " the next..."

I think what made this situation slightly different mate was that it was an ex LFC coach who was working with the lad day in day out who was imploring the club to sign him. By the sounds of it Brendan was very keen to sign Alli as well so he obviously agreed with Karl Robinson.
I liked Brendan but he was too weak when it came to dealing with the board/transfer committee.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:03 pm

kazza » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:19 am wrote:Missing out on Ali was a huge mistake but to be fair they probably hear about 100 kids a year that will be " the next..."

Ali travelled to Melwood so obviously we had an interest and had scouts looking at him but that isn't even the real issue. The problem is that some numptys at the club wouldn't go ahead with the signing because they felt that what he had achieved in the game so far wasn't worth the demands. Those demands turned out to be 5 million which is nothing compared to what we have spent on total wasters that never even got to line out for us.
It is disappointing that we lost out on him but no where near as disappointing as knowing that those supposedly in the know actually know fook all when it comes top spotting talent.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Still say we should go after Vardy, hit form again and be perfect for our style plus hes agressive like Suarez used to be which rubs off on others.

No sell on but honestly think he would be great for us and did well in Champs League.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 am

parchpea » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:22 pm wrote:Still say we should go after Vardy, hit form again and be perfect for our style plus hes agressive like Suarez used to be which rubs off on others.

No sell on but honestly think he would be great for us and did well in Champs League.

Are you on drugs? The guy is an utter head case...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:55 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 am wrote:
parchpea » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:22 pm wrote:Still say we should go after Vardy, hit form again and be perfect for our style plus hes agressive like Suarez used to be which rubs off on others.

How so?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:55 pm

How so? Some may call Bellamy a head case and most reds loved him despite his short stay... Vardy would be a perfect fit for Klopp system...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:04 pm

maguskwt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:55 am wrote:

How so? Some may call Bellamy a head case and most reds loved him despite his short stay... Vardy would be a perfect fit for Klopp system...

Bellamy WAS a F'kin head case. Remember the golf club lark with Riise?
Vardy is bad news. Psycho. No bleedin' way.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 01, 2017 3:20 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:04 pm wrote:

Bellamy WAS a F'kin head case. Remember the golf club lark with Riise?
Vardy is bad news. Psycho. No bleedin' way.

I wouldn't want that ***** rat anywhere near this club, the only Leicester player I'd take is Schmeichel.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill