Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 pm

maguskwt » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:02 pm wrote:I have to admit I have never been a massive fan of a back 3 myself.

As things stand, Chelsea will be the first team to win the Premier League playing a back 3. It just hasn't worked that well in this league for some reason but always seems popular in Italy, which is where Conte has had success before obviously.

Nothing wrong with a back 4 and undoubtedly at some point Chelsea will hit a sticky patch or change manager and they'll go back to it, or someone will work out how to nullify their system, everyone will copy and they'll have to abandon the back 3.

Part of our issue, keeper and defensive mid positions aside, is playing wing backs with 2 centre halves not 3, which is essentially what we do in possession.

Our system needs tweaked and we need a couple of personnel changes, but keeper, left back and defensive mid are more pressing than centre half when everyone is fit. Back up centre halves are another story and we do need more depth.

I'm not sure what Chelsea plays but the back 3 was popular in 90's German national teams in the form of 5-3-2/3-5-2. Back then the Germans play with a libero. The libero was popular among German teams because Beckenbauer used that position to great effect when he was playing. From defense he would push on to attack and the other teams would not know how to mark him... well it helps that he is very elegant and skillful on the ball. I think there is no libero player at this day and age anymore...

Yep. Sammer!

Great player. Career sadly cut short.

They played a true sweeper system. Chelsea sort of do that with Luiz playing that role and stepping into midfield.

I think we may go for a centre half this summer even though there are other areas i feel we could better spend the cash, maybe downgrading Lovren to backup.

Surely we are now priced out of Van Dijk?

Can see us going for someone like Keane but not convinced by him.

We've got to trust Klopp though, his transfer record is excellent. The guy isnt perfect (too emotional, too loyal to certain players perhaps) but he's a great fit for us and he has proven he can judge a player.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Keane isn't a bad shout and he fits the FSG mould.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:56 pm

More reports linking us to James Rodriguez today. £43m the figure. Anyone thinks this will happen?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:13 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:56 pm wrote:More reports linking us to James Rodriguez today. £43m the figure. Anyone thinks this will happen?

He's almost certain to leave Madrid this summer in search of regular football so if we get Champions League football and the likes of PSG, Chelsea, Man City, etc., don't come along and offer him a spot in their starting 11, clubs like us are next in line.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:37 pm

James Rodriguez would be a massive change in transfer policy for us, we need to change to compete but I dont see FSG sanctioning the fee and wages he will demand.

There certainly seems attempts by FSG to use media to try and raise their profile amongst fans who have become disillusioned with moneyball but I will only believe when I see it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:41 pm

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/ma ... -interest/

Dahoud to Dortmund.
Expected i guess.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:22 am

redshade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 pm wrote:http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/mahmoud-dahoud-reportedly-agrees-dortmund-switch-liverpool-dropping-interest/

Dahoud to Dortmund.
Expected i guess.

I thought he would have been great for us (i.e high energy, good on the ball etc)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:33 am

Regarding Rodriguez, think Madrid may try and offer him and cash to Chelsea for Hazard. Seems there is some truth in that story
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:15 am

Rodriguez is looking increasingly like a 'World Cup Wonder' as well, he's never come close to replicating the type form he showed during the summer of 2014 for Real.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:08 pm

So Dortmund confirm they've signed Dahoud so can be crossed off the list. Just shows how competitive things are, even for up and coming players.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:51 pm

10.3 mill a bargain.
Dortmund are snapping up some bargain buys.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Yep. Wasn't going to be too expensive seeing as he only has a year left on his contract. They are picking up all these promising youngsters. Dembele, Isak, Dahoud, Mor to add to the likes of Pulisic.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Wonder why Dahoud didn't opt for us..
Possibly he prefers to live in Germany.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Doeboy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:31 pm wrote:Yep. Wasn't going to be too expensive seeing as he only has a year left on his contract. They are picking up all these promising youngsters. Dembele, Isak, Dahoud, Mor to add to the likes of Pulisic.

Its Ironic how a few of them were Klopps targets and they ended up at his old club.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Dahoud is a player on the rise but it would seem Liverpool isnt even a decent step step stone club now with lads choosing Dortmund on the way to Man City, Chelsea or Bayern and if lucky Spain.

He isnt good enough for the elite so hes taking a smaller step up into the Champs League with Dortmund but we really need to put the money down to bring that talent here, just being Liverpool has never been enough.

Essentially we are now picking from a lower level group, those looking for a way into a better shop window at Dortmund.

I bet Klopp never expected to be in a worse transfer position here with the Premier League money pouring into the club but thats the reality under current owners.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill