Real madrid will be annoying us - In the next few days. alonso

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:37 pm

Why I bother to post this rumour? because it doesn't come from Marca, but from a local newspaper that has good contacts. If you see what I mean I rate Marca as the Mirror, and the local newspaper would be more accurate like the Liverpool echo or something.

According to this newspaper Capello is very interested on Alonso and they're ready to pay big money for him, it's going to be their main target. Plus the offer will be made in the next few days.

I'd like to know how well protected is Alonso, i.e, how much it's his release clause.

I don't fear Xabi wanting to leave to Madrid, he says he's happy in Liverpool in English, in Spanish, in the local radio and TV. But Madrid has fresh TV money, and I'm worried Parry will be tempted to accept an astronomic amount from him.

Hope not...
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:42 pm

I hope not, but in spain every player must be given a release clause, am i right?  I dont think it the same in England.

I dont think selling him would be worth it even if the fee is around £25m, he is one of the key players for us to winning the title.

Im sure if Rafa didnt want to sell then Parry would have to turn it down.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:51 pm

Well Real Madrid can shove their offer up their arse :angry:

Spain do have to have release clauses in contracts e.g. Eto's is something like 150 million. Players in England tend to only have release clauses if they request them. As far as I am aware none of our players have release clauses.

I'd be very very disappointed if Xabi left. He is a great player for us.

I don't think Xabi will leave, he seems happy here. Rafa will not want him to leave. I'm just worried that because Rafa is raising money to sign new players, I hope most of the money does not come from a sale of a player like Xabi.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:16 pm

why would rafa want to sell alonso, near as damn it his whole plan revolves around the lad. imo.

certainly not as a sacrificial lamb in order to pursue lesser signings! that is a contradiction in terms, because for me, its probably the best 10 million we've ever spent. and i mean invested not blown.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:46 pm

As long as Alonso is happy I dont think we have a problem.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:53 pm

We should offer them Diao for £20 million instead

Well they started the rubbish - theres no way we would sell Alonso( fingers crossed, touch wood) :D
account deleted by request

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:13 pm

red37 wrote:why would rafa want to sell alonso, near as damn it his whole plan revolves around the lad. imo.

certainly not as a sacrificial lamb in order to pursue lesser signings! that is a contradiction in terms, because for me, its probably the best 10 million we've ever spent. and i mean invested not blown.

Agreed

He is one of 2-3 components we MUST keep if we are to harbour any hopes of mounting a title bid. No doubt about that at all. Not many guys out there who could replace Alonso. Maybe Fabregas or Pirlo but they are very few and far between!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:15 pm

Xabi will be goin nowhere. Hes too important to be sold and i reckon rafa will tell them to pis.s right off.

No release clause that am aware of and like a few others have mentioned we dont have to have them in england so theres no chance of anything like that coming into play...i hope.

Gutted if he left but hes got a good head on his shoulders and he will know that we are going places so why would he want to leave? Cant see him going anywhere.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:47 pm

Money can't replace Xabi, him and Stevie are integral parts of Rafa's plans, say we got £30m for him I don't think you could find anyone good enough to replace him, hopefully Parry will tell them they can shove their money just like we did when they tried to rob Gerrard!!!

I hate Real Madrid sooooooooo much :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:52 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Not many guys out there who could replace Alonso. Maybe Fabregas or Pirlo but they are very few and far between!

or, as printed in the times today... chelsea had a bid of £70 million knocked back by A.C for Kaka... the mind boggles HJD.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:12 pm

No chance of him going, regardless of what Madrid offer.

Sabre you know good and well that Alonso is almost irreplacable. He's the second most important player in midfield edged out by Gerrard, and I can't see Benitez in a million years considering such a key part to his team especially now.

You don't sell your best players. Parry isn't that daft, and he can't make Benitez sell any of his players if he wanted to.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:29 pm

yeah, cos like he'd go to madrid wouldn't he?

what the f#ck have they won in the last 3 years? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:58 pm

Sabre you know good and well that Alonso is almost irreplacable. He's the second most important player in midfield edged out by Gerrard, and I can't see Benitez in a million years considering such a key part to his team especially now.

Yeh I agree. I just wanted to hear all this. I wasn't quite sure of how transfers worked in England. As far as I understand you, everything is up to Parry/Benitez, and that's good to hear.

Xabi doesn't worry me , he's happy up there.

Well, if the situation is that safe, all this will just mean the great success of this signing, and if the falures of Rafa have been mentioned this one should be credited too.

Bloody Real Madrid, how I hate'em. :angry:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:05 pm

Sabre wrote:

Yeh I agree. I just wanted to hear all this. I wasn't quite sure of how transfers worked in England. As far as I understand you, everything is up to Parry/Benitez, and that's good to hear.

Xabi doesn't worry me , he's happy up there.

Well, if the situation is that safe, all this will just mean the great success of this signing, and if the falures of Rafa have been mentioned this one should be credited too.

Bloody Real Madrid, how I hate'em. :angry:

Don't worry Sabre. We kept Gerrard out of their dirty paws, we can keep Alonso.

Chairman's in England give their manager space and usually don't get involved in the manager's business. Parry particulary won't do that sort of thing.

We aren't in a financial position where we need huge amounts of money. We need money to buy Alves, but we've raised money by selling dead-wood and loaning out players we don't need. Which has helped save us 5 million pounds in wages alone for this year.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby coolsobs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:27 pm

I have feeling that eventually alonso is going to leave to go to madrid even if it isnt this year :(
coolsobs

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill