Rafael van der vaart

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Rafael van der Vaart is courting a move to either Chelsea or Liverpool, but only if he is guaranteed first-team football.

The Holland international, 27, was the subject of talks between the Reds and Real Madrid in April but a deal failed to materialise from the discussions.

Van der Vaart made just 31 domestic appearances for Real last season after failing to feature in Manuel Pellegrini's plans and is expected to be offloaded by Jose Mourinho, who succeeded the Chilean at the Bernabeu.

Injury curtailed the attacking midfielder's impact at this summer's World Cup despite making a substitute appearance in Holland's defeat to Spain in the final.

But after hearing that interest from Anfield has not waned in addition to that of the Premier League champions, van der Vaart is attempting to engineer a move to a club able to offer guarantees of regular first-team football but insists he will not remain in La Liga.

He said: "I have heard of the interest from Liverpool and Chelsea - and that is very flattering.

"If either of them were willing to offer me first-team football, I will be honest that it would be very hard for me to not listen to what they had to say.

"I think I have the relationship with Madrid where they understand my position and would let me hold talks.

"I expect the majority of transfers to be concluded in the next two weeks, and if Chelsea or Liverpool wanted to talk with me I would at the very least listen to what they have to say.

"They are both giants, and if they could offer first-team football it may prove impossible to turn down. Real Madrid is the most prestigious club in the world and I am happy here and also in Spain, but I am at the age where I have to be playing first-team football.

"I am getting to the point where I will be hitting my peak years and I need to spend those years at a club where I will be playing regularly. The boss knows how much he plans to use me, and if he is willing to listen to offers for me.

"I wouldn't be willing to play for any clubs in Spain out of respect for Madrid, so in my eyes the only other place to go would be the Premier League.

"It's the only league that competes with the standard of La Liga."

LINK
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Good player, but not someone we should be looking at. We already have Aqua and Cole. Need to get at least one LB and a striker. Don't need VDV.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:55 pm

If Van De Vart goes to Chelsea there will be a lot more splinters for Yossi the snake  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Id look to get rid of Aquilani and just stick Stevie back in midfield. VDV and Cole behind Torres would be nice.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:58 pm

bavlondon wrote:Id look to get rid of Aquilani and just stick Stevie back in midfield. VDV and Cole behind Torres would be nice.

yes indeed

:nod
roberto green

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Well Daws did you get a price the other day  :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Don't need him! We have Aquilani and Cole. Striker and Left Back. If we were going to spend money on VDV i'd be questioning why it wasn't spent on Turan who's years younger and plays out wide which we need right now as well. But Left Back and Back up striker first. We've got enough attacking midfielders.
Tim LFC

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:17 am

bavlondon wrote:Id look to get rid of Aquilani and just stick Stevie back in midfield. VDV and Cole behind Torres would be nice.

I don't mind that... a swap deal then?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nesloone » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Dundalk wrote:Rafael van der Vaart is courting a move to either Chelsea or Liverpool, but only if he is guaranteed first-team football.

The Holland international, 27, was the subject of talks between the Reds and Real Madrid in April but a deal failed to materialise from the discussions.

Van der Vaart made just 31 domestic appearances for Real last season after failing to feature in Manuel Pellegrini's plans and is expected to be offloaded by Jose Mourinho, who succeeded the Chilean at the Bernabeu.

Injury curtailed the attacking midfielder's impact at this summer's World Cup despite making a substitute appearance in Holland's defeat to Spain in the final.

But after hearing that interest from Anfield has not waned in addition to that of the Premier League champions, van der Vaart is attempting to engineer a move to a club able to offer guarantees of regular first-team football but insists he will not remain in La Liga.

He said: "I have heard of the interest from Liverpool and Chelsea - and that is very flattering.

"If either of them were willing to offer me first-team football, I will be honest that it would be very hard for me to not listen to what they had to say.

"I think I have the relationship with Madrid where they understand my position and would let me hold talks.

"I expect the majority of transfers to be concluded in the next two weeks, and if Chelsea or Liverpool wanted to talk with me I would at the very least listen to what they have to say.

"They are both giants, and if they could offer first-team football it may prove impossible to turn down. Real Madrid is the most prestigious club in the world and I am happy here and also in Spain, but I am at the age where I have to be playing first-team football.

"I am getting to the point where I will be hitting my peak years and I need to spend those years at a club where I will be playing regularly. The boss knows how much he plans to use me, and if he is willing to listen to offers for me.

"I wouldn't be willing to play for any clubs in Spain out of respect for Madrid, so in my eyes the only other place to go would be the Premier League.

"It's the only league that competes with the standard of La Liga."

LINK

Rafael is since he left Hamburg not his money worth...reds please do not buy him !
nesloone

Postby Knox316 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:55 pm

We should Buy Fabio Coentrao he will be a star
Knox316

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Knox316 wrote:We should Buy Fabio Coentrao he will be a star

Good shout mate, still would prefer Cissokho
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:40 pm

I read something quite a while ago that made it sound like he wanted to play for man u.  Didn't sound like he wanted to come to Liverpool.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:41 pm

may be headed to WHL
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby zarababe » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Is a tottinham player.. was being sold for 18m to Bayern who pulled out.. spirs picked him-up for 8 mill :O
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 pm

a tad overrated methinks....i don't think he would have added a whole lot to LFC, tbh...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill