Liverpool set to sign Skrtel - New defender

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:59 am

anybody wants to know better how he looks

that's really him :D
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:01 am

and this one is his favorite pose

:D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby saetiakidLFC » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:17 am

Looks like a monster!
saetiakidLFC

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:40 am

anfieldadorer wrote:and this one is his favorite pose

:D

He has that pitbull carra look.....  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:44 pm

He looks like............................................................. MATT DAMON!!! :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:09 pm

He looks like a kid that's what he looks like to me. Jesus I'm getting old I reckon  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:19 pm

bigmick wrote:He looks like a kid that's what he looks like to me. Jesus I'm getting old I reckon  :D

Agreed :D and no mention o the 'R' word.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:33 pm

Ade wrote:do we need to be spending £6m on a bit of a gamble of a defender?

It is quite a large amount, record for us leastwise. I couldn't come up with too many more expensive defenders and that's including the roubles and scottish pounds thrown at some players. Take out the over-priced Rio and the Chelsea buys and you're talking a fair whack for a defender

One or two defenders costing £7m+

Ferdinand £30m (Man Utd)
Carvalho £19.85m (Chelsea)
Ferdinand £18m (Leeds Utd)
Ferreira £13.2m (Chelsea)
Stam £10.75m (Man Utd)
Cole £10m* (Chelsea)
Boumsong £8m (Newcastle)
Richards £8m (Tottenham)
Del Horno £8m (Chelsea)
Bridge £7m (Chelsea)
Boulahrouz £7m (Chelsea)
Vidic £7m (Man Utd)
Woodgate £7m (Middlesboro)

*depends who you believe

I may have missed some, but not many I wouldn't have thought. If there were a plethora of £15m+ defenders I'm sure I'd remember
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:13 pm

The_Rock wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
zarababe wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Hope rafa shuts his mouth up when this deal is done....and stops playing mindgames with the owners (by using the press)....

The owners are coughing up the dosh.....

I'd like to know exactly how Rafa is playing mindgames using the press? He expressed his concerns about our need to act swiftly in the transfer market - a market that he has significantly greater expertise over than either of our owners. Those concerns were perfectly legitimate at the time - is that not the sign of someone who desperately wants to improve his club?

I think it is.

Every post you make appears to be another little condescending dig towards Rafa.

Have some respect for the guy FFS, he's our manager, you'd think some of the comments on here about our own would be reserved for the likes of Gary Neville. It staggers me the attitude of some towards those who do their best to better our club.   :no

I am just saying it as it is......you know..."keeping it real".

As for using the press......well there are lots of rumours going around that one of rafa's closest friend is playing the bridge between rafa and the press...and it is because of this, that the press are having a huge field day. Another rumour is the rafa's agent always puts out stories that inter milan or real madrid are interested in rafa during the transfer window...
Like i said this is just a rumour....you can believe it or not. I just want all this non-sense to stop. You don't see much speculation about fergie and wenger rite ?

Rumours, precisely.

The reliable old British press and their rumours.

Grounds with which to take aim at your manager?

I think not.

Whenever there is a whiff of disagreement at a football club, the media sensationalise the issue in order to SELL newspapers and agitate fans, who then come on football forums and make silly comments. This perpetuates a feeling of anxiety amongst fans, and the same old shit from the same old newspapers just keeps on coming.

There've been plenty of stories directed at Ferguson during his tenure with the Manc's, aimed at unsettling him and the club. At this present moment, you'll see more speculation concerning Rafa and the club because we've only recently been acquired by new owners (in relative terms), and our results/performances have been fairly inconsistent. The press certainly had a field day when the Glazers took over at the Manc's, and in the time preceding their takeover wrote many a story aimed at undermining the confidence of fans in the club.

But if you want proof.....wat does "I am interested in the england job"....

and uttering.."I am concentrating on coaching my team" 15 times mean ? Isn't that a sarcastic dig at the owners

What does "the americans don't understand about european transfer...there is no draft pick here" constitute ?

Like i mentioned....rafa is not as harmless as you guys all think he is. He knows what he is doing.... I just want him to stop all this nonsense.

Like them or not the yanks spend huge $$$ to buy this club. They are planning to build a new stadium.... You want me to show rafa more respect....well i think rafa should show the yanks more respect (as we debate here...i believe rafa has learnt ....cos he has stopped making stupid remarks to the press).

Like i said....i am just keeping it real here.....the rose tinted brigade might not like to hear that sometimes...

I think everyone has acknowledged that Rafa shouldn't have displayed his disappointment to the media concerning transfer issues, in the way he did. However, it was only a sign of how frustrated he was in his desire to improve his club, and our club.

As for the owners, well, there've been numerous set-backs concerning the new stadium and they certainly haven't stuck to their word or the spirit of their words from when first arrived. The impression given was that the would place their trust in the abilities of those who know best - i.e. those presently at the club. There was clearly a communication breakdown - a problem that was highlighted much earlier by Rafa concerning speed of transfer activity - that wasn't resolved quickly enough. For two Billionaire businessmen you'd think they'd be able to establish a firm line of communication with Rafa, irrespective of their other business activities. We should take number one priority, and if they can't make that committment, they shouldn't have bought the club.

I know I'd have been frustrated if I was Rafa. I would imagine he was frustrated with good reason, and I trust that he wasn't using the press to play mindgames, he was frustrated and expressed those frustrations in the wrong manner. If there's anything to take from Rafa as a person during his time with us is that he's a very sincere man, and you're clearly implying that he's not, which I find indicative of your posts on this forum.

Absolutely Rafa was wrong, but ask yourself who has the best intentions for this club, the yanks or Rafa?

The guy who stayed with his team and his fans at the time his father passed away, or two businessmen whose sole interest is to make money?

You're not 'telling it how it is', you're taking cheap shots at Rafa at every given opportunity without pausing ofr a thought.
LFC2007

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Paul C wrote:He looks like............................................................. MATT DAMON!!! :D

Maaatt Daaaaaaamon!!   :buttrock
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby redmikey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Doesn't look good for hobbs then.

also having the lable most expensive defender was a jinx for phil babb when he signed
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:22 pm

redmikey wrote:Doesn't look good for hobbs then.

also having the lable most expensive defender was a jinx for phil babb when he signed

You had to say it didnt ya, stunk out the hole thread with one mention of PB. Anyhoo why didnt he sign when he was at anfield? is Rafa once again waiting for the yanks and Parry to pull their fingers out.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 pm

so whats the deal with this then?

read in the daily star that hes a liverpool player

whats going on
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby paulrobbo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:07 am

LittleHobo wrote:so whats the deal with this then?

read in the daily star that hes a liverpool player

whats going on

The daily star :D

I read he decided to join Tranmere instead in the daily sport.
Last edited by paulrobbo on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulrobbo

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:51 am

LFC2007 wrote:......You're not 'telling it how it is', you're taking cheap shots at Rafa at every given opportunity without pausing ofr a thought.

OK...my bad. I admit, i am pretty harsh at rafa nowadays.... I do have to give him credit for overhauling this team's fortune.... Will be more careful with my comments in future.

But like i mention....seems things are pretty alright now. Rafa ain't running of to the press...and the yanks aren't shooting their mouths off either....

So its a win win situation.
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill