Liverpool January transfer plans leaked (allegedly)

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:28 pm

source:
Code: Select all
http://hereisthecity.com/2012/12/03/huge-liverpool-january-transfer-plans-leaked-exclusive-from-insi

Jenny Leigh brings the lowdown on Liverpool's potential transfer deals involving Daniel Sturridge, Demba Ba, Andy Carroll, and Theo Walcott.

I have it on good authority from a reliable source that Liverpool have unofficially agreed terms with Chelsea for Daniel Sturridge in a deal worth £12 million, plus incentives, and that as soon as the January transfer window opens, the sale will officially go through, the player’s agent already having opened preliminary talks with the club over personal terms and subject to them being agreed.

The same industry insider who had prior knowledge of the Raul Meireles deal and the Torres deal of 2011, has informed me that Sturridge’s move to Anfield is a ‘done deal’.

The most intriguing insight he gave me was that Liverpool are in negotiations with Newcastle United for a swap deal involving Andy Carroll and Demba Ba.

However, the deal is a long way from being wrapped up due to unprecedented complications, which could mean it does not happen at all, involving the Englishman’s loan to West Ham which presents two major problems – whilst his contract with the Hammers does contain a recall option, he has already been registered with two Premier League clubs this season which means, under FIFA regulations, he technically cannot play for a third.

However, due to Ba’s imminently expiring contract and his failure to agree new terms with Newcastle – the club are reluctant to sell him for his minimum fee release clause of £7.5 million before they line up a suitable replacement – they are willing to accept a swap deal that includes cash plus Carroll who could actually end up physically moving in May, not January, if they cannot resolve the registration issues with FIFA. (Refer to Chapter III: Article 5.3 of the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players.)

The second problem is that West Ham’s loan of Carroll was subject to a clause where they would be granted the first option to buy him, provided they aren’t relegated and, subsequently, a legal duel between Liverpool, West Ham, and Andy Carroll looks set ensue as the player is keen to return to return to the North East.

There is little in the way of information about the contract Carroll has with West Ham and, equally, the deal that was struck between them and Liverpool – as all parties are under strict confidentiality agreements. Newcastle, however, aren’t, which is why manager Alan Pardew has been talking up a possible return for the striker – as an outsider he’s practically the only person involved who can comment on it and can’t be sued for it.

Meanwhile, it will not come as much of a surprise to hear that Liverpool are in for Walcott. What I have been told is that his transfer from Arsenal is currently hinging upon one thing – if Arsenal meet his £90,000 per week wage demands before January 1st, he will stay at the Emirates and, if not, Liverpool will be his destination of choice. The Reds are prepared to offer him his original demand of £100,000 per week.

My source described the Walcott situation as a ’50-50’ – the other factor being that Brendan Rodgers will only be allocated £20 million for January transfers by the board. The Sturridge deal plus the Ba deal would likely devour that budget and to bring Walcott in, they’d have to offload Stewart Downing to generate the surplus and, despite rumours linking him with Arsenal, Downing currently has yet to generate any real interest.

What are your thoughts on the potential incomings and outgoings at Liverpool?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Lakes? is that you?
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:54 pm

heard these rumours flying about earlier.
id well believe sturridge is a cert but ba looks to be a complicated issue.
sturridge will cost 12 mil plus he wants 80k a week and an assurance that he will play centrally, he's not that good to be earning that or demanding assurances either and if we signed huntelaar he would only cost half that even with a 100 plus salary.
ba is another one id be wary about. he comes across as a greedy fecker who only thinks about himself and has struggled to settle at his last few clubs and insists on having clauses in his contracts allowing him to leave. he'd also be off to the african nations every year for the whole of january which is no good for us. it would be embarrassing if we just swapped carroll for ba without getting at least 10mil in cash thrown in.
walcott is another who wants assurances and will get a high wage and with the wage structure thats in place are any of these 3 really deserved of being at the top of it?. after all they are players who havent set the world alight at their previous clubs and the fact that they will seek assurances leads me to believe that its just another job to them.
just my two pence worth and not like its going to make any difference as the manager will sign who he wants but i just cant get excited at either of these names.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Sturridge.......?

Walcott for Downing........ sounds reasonable
Injured Carroll for Demba Ba.......good deal
Pepe Reina for Bob Wilson........looks to be a possibility too
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:00 pm

yeah heard the carroll/ba rumours up here in the north east over the last 24 hours. would be a good deal for all involved imo.

as for people saying they're "not excited" by these signings, what do they expect when we're where we are? we can't attract the top names at the moment despite our big club status. huntelaar is not going to leave a CL club at this stage when they're in the last 16. there's a chance we'll have no european football at all after christmas if we get beat on thursday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Sounds like somebody pulled all the rumors together they hear the most often, and consider that a "good source" All of this has been touted about for months now, there's nothing new in there, and there's nothing that would surprise anybody in there.  Jenny Leigh the freelance writer trying to make a name for herself.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

dont want any of them tbh, sturridge looks disinterested these days, ba is just average and walcott is the epitome of player who blows  hot and cold, one minute he`s a world beater then the next he`s completely anonymous.
rodgers transfer targets havent exactly been `inspiring` since he arrived here - dempsey, ba, kalou, sturridge, signurdsson.....
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:08 pm wrote:dont want any of them tbh, sturridge looks disinterested these days, ba is just average and walcott is the epitome of player who blows  hot and cold, one minute he`s a world beater then the next he`s completely anonymous.
rodgers transfer targets havent exactly been `inspiring` since he arrived here - dempsey, ba, kalou, sturridge, signurdsson.....

good point
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 am

Just get sturridge and walcott in first... we can deal with west ham and newcastle later...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:46 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:08 pm wrote:dont want any of them tbh, sturridge looks disinterested these days, ba is just average and walcott is the epitome of player who blows  hot and cold, one minute he`s a world beater then the next he`s completely anonymous.

Easy for you to say as an arm chair critic...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 am

supersub » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:58 pm wrote:Sturridge.......?

Walcott for Downing........ sounds reasonable
Injured Carroll for Demba Ba.......good deal
Pepe Reina for Bob Wilson........looks to be a possibility too

:laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:22 am

LMAO i was hoping for some in depth report.

So from having 2 strikers we will have 5?

How does that work then?

Luis, Theo, and Sturr, Ba all want to play though the middle.

Ugh.

Just get Walcott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Raven

Postby Waldo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:35 pm

Sturridge would be a great signing IMO. He hasn't been given a fair crack at Chelsea. I rate the guy highly and think his style of play would fit nicely into the way BR wants to play - Yes please.

If Demba Ba has a clause at £7.5M then stump up. We can then deal with the Carroll situation with W.Ham and Newcastle in the summer and hopefully see a bit of an auction for his services see his price go up; rather than try flog him in Jan.

Theo Walcott - I can't see what happening!!

I can see Rodgers using Reina as a means to generate funds to cover some of the aforementioned moves in Jan and I can see him either moving for Vorm or, more likely given the uncertainty at the club and the lads ambitions, Jack Butland.

I just hope there is some movement in January otherwise we are in for a long and frustrating season!! 2-3 injuries and we are f**ked.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:21 pm

maguskwt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:46 am wrote:

eh? says the man posting from a different country, continent, time zone and by the looks of some of your posts - planet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:46 am wrote:

eh? says the man posting from a different country, continent, time zone and by the looks of some of your posts - planet.

So?

Let's humour you for a sec... who do you suppose we should be trying to sign then? Pls enlighten us with your infinite wisdom...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill