Liverpool: Daniel Sturridge & Thomas Ince close to joining

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm

I still don't know what to think about Sturridge. I guess the fee for him is reasonable, considering he's young, he's English and he's a striker. But the fee isn't what's worrying me. What's worrying me is that there's a huge possibility that he might be yet another flop and we just can't afford anymore flops. I'd be happy if we get him to play like he did when he was on loan at Bolton.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 pm

I'd much rather we tried to sign Lukaku from Chelsea.
Boxscarf

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:55 am

Boxscarf » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:53 pm wrote:I'd much rather we tried to sign Lukaku from Chelsea.

Muppet.
Lukaku, you cabbage....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kukilon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:26 am

I'm surprised that we didn't pay more for him though I know we could have gotten a lot better for less money from abroad. I think he will do ok but like others have said what pisses me off more is that we wasted lots of money on players like Hendersson, Carrol etc.

This is what you get when you have fans demanding brittish players. We will remain a club going up and down between the 5th and 10th spot in the league.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:36 am

Daniel Sturridge has passed his medical ,and will sign a three and a half year deal in the next 24 hours .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:02 am

could turn out to be a bit of good business for us if he settles well.
i dont doubt the ability the lad has but more his attitude, he looks stroppy as fook and all that talk of demands didnt do him any favours either but like i said if he turns out to be a hit then 12mil will be a steal. i just hope his heads in the right place when he comes here and he knuckles down for the team.
rodgers has to be allowed to sign his players and we must accept that and hope he can bring this lad on quickly and get goals out of him.
he should be in the squad 1st jan and kudos to rodgers for making the deal happen early which is what we needed to do.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 am

Kukilon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 am wrote:I'm surprised that we didn't pay more for him though I know we could have gotten a lot better for less money from abroad. I think he will do ok but like others have said what pisses me off more is that we wasted lots of money on players like Hendersson, Carrol etc.

This is what you get when you have fans demanding brittish players. We will remain a club going up and down between the 5th and 10th spot in the league.

:laugh:  Yeah OK, just remind me, what fans were demanding British players and how the f'uck did they manage to contact our management and convince them to buy British ?

:lookaround

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Raven » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 am

woof woof ! » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:57 am wrote:
Kukilon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 am wrote:I'm surprised that we didn't pay more for him though I know we could have gotten a lot better for less money from abroad. I think he will do ok but like others have said what pisses me off more is that we wasted lots of money on players like Hendersson, Carrol etc.

:laugh:  Yeah OK, just remind me, what fans were demanding British players and how the f'uck did they manage to contact our management and convince them to buy British ?

:lookaround

We are though the looking glass here people.
The Raven

Postby Calum » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:21 pm

I really hope the signing of these 2 players isn't the end of buying new strikers. We need another 1, preferably 2 if we want to mount a serious challenge for a top 6 position (yes, that's how much standards have dropped at LFC over the past 3 years).  If we don't buy any other strikers and Sturridge gets injured, we are back to relying on Saurez again. And I really hope the powers that be don't leave it until the last day of the transfer window again!
Calum

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:12 pm

We need a top class striker, Daniel Sturridge is not a top class striker. I'd rather Rodgers signed Stefan Kiessling from Bayer Leverkusen, who is the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 12 goals which has no doubt seen Bayer rise to 2nd place in the league table, 9 pts behind Bayern.
Boxscarf

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 am

Boxscarf » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm wrote:We need a top class striker, Daniel Sturridge is not a top class striker. I'd rather Rodgers signed Stefan Kiessling from Bayer Leverkusen, who is the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 12 goals which has no doubt seen Bayer rise to 2nd place in the league table, 9 pts behind Bayern.

I agree with the idea here but I get the impression we are not attractive enough these days
and maybe Sturridge is all we can actually get, small upgrades and small steps forward.

Without some real truths from the club its hard to know and part of me would like to think
Rodgers is doing the best he can and is not ignoring the European and South American markets
without good reason, surely not.

I would be amazed if there isnt better value elsewhere but maybe we tried and failed and if
not then its lazy work to be honest, an armchair fan could select Ince and Sturridge.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 am

Boxscarf » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:12 pm wrote:We need a top class striker, Daniel Sturridge is not a top class striker. I'd rather Rodgers signed Stefan Kiessling from Bayer Leverkusen, who is the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 12 goals which has no doubt seen Bayer rise to 2nd place in the league table, 9 pts behind Bayern.

if it was only that easy to get on the blower and set him straight :eyebrow .
he wouldnt be my choice either but fwiw we could do a hell of a lot worse. he is a striker for starters and well capable of finishing half the chances weve been fluffing,he'l also be here 1st jan so for that also im thankful. he isnt prolific but hopefully he will be.
rodgers will sign who he wants so we have to go along with that and hope his plan comes to fruition but we will never know if it will or not unless he signs his players and there is loads of time to pull a surprise or 2 out of the bag yet.
with any luck our "scouting network" will come up trumps and find us a real gem :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:53 am

I agree his attitude is the biggest concern at the moment, he seems quite arrogant despite not making the mark at either Citeh or Chelsea. He needs to become more humble and accept he hasn't proved his worth in the Premiership yet but could easily do so if he knuckles down at LFC. Talent yes, concerns yes, potential yes but whether he will he will prove successful is purely in his hands.

If we value Ince at 4m then clearly he's not the finished article so don't know what all the fuss is about.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby p.stromso » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Any news on Ince?

I think for £12 million Sturridge is probably about right. Let's hope Brendan can get the form he showed for Bolton out of him.
p.stromso
LFC newBie

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Tom Inch move to LFC seems to have stalled. As a result, Swansea are trying to take advantage by making an offer of £7mil to take him there

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill