gaston ramirez, on his way, opinions ??

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maximus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:52 am

Silva,modric off the top of my head, if you are good enough you will adapt, unfortunately we will not know until he comes, I for one rate the lad. Yes please, more of the same would be nice
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 am

Bid of 11.8 mil accepted for him - from Southampton
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:25 am

WHAT THE f*ck

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:11 am

Yeh WTF!!

Southampton? Damn!!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

I think it's time to realise we were never in for him
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:18 am

Gaston Ramirez has snubbed Tottenham

Uruguay international Ramirez, who was part of the Olympic squad, turned down a move to Tottenham but appears to be keen on a move to the South Coast in a stunning move for the newly promoted side.

Ramirez told Corriere Dello Sport: "They believe in me in every way... and above all I have said that they are going to grow. Southampton is a newly promoted team in the English top flight, but they have the means to stand tall in a few years. And with me they are going to build. It's all very stimulating. Even if it is a little strange."

The 21-year-old scored eight goals in 28 apperances in Serie A last season and revealed that he was offered a deal that was too hard to refuse.

"The truth? I think so, yes, this time," he said when asked if he was about to leave. "Bologna have reached an economic agreement with Southampton. There are only a few details to sort out, but they have found the agreement in principle, and the English club have reached an agreement with me.

"It is an offer that you cannot refuse. They will give me so much money (€2 million net per year and more than €1 million signing-on fee)."

Nicola Cortese, executive chairman of Southampton, is believed to have been key in bringing the youngster to the club from Italy.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... bB2bJ64.99
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:25 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 am wrote:I think it's time to realise we were never in for him

When Smith said a month ago there was zero interest in him I believed that the interest died down when Comolli left
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:46 am

so there going to pay him 38,000 a week surely spurs would have agreed to it

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:49 am

Spurs were also not in for him.
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 am

Read your last post

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:00 am

LFC1990 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 am wrote:Read your last post

It's paper and agent talk regards Spurs - as you can see from the article what is mentioned doesn't actually match the headline.
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:17 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 am wrote:Bid of 11.8 mil accepted for him - from Southampton

everybody panic  :help  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 am

Good work by Southampton to get this lad in but I agree that its doubtful
Liverpool or Spurs were serious about the player and just made an enquiry
perhaps.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Southampton's ambitious move for Bologna ace Gaston Ramirez is in danger of collapse, with the Italian club not happy with the offer on the table.

Ramirez had claimed he was on the verge of joining Premier League new-boys the Saints, with just a few minor details to be resolved.

However, Bologna president Albano Guaraldi has hit out at the winger and insists they will not be forced into selling him for a fee lower than €20million (£15.8m).

"The situation is much more complicated than he thinks," Guaraldi told Sky Italia. "It's not just about figures, but seeing what is included and what isn't.

"The offer we received has not been considered suitable. His agent has already reached an agreement with the English club, but we haven't. Now the situation is static, we made our demands and will see what happens.

"I don't understand why Gaston said those things. I won't even get into the behaviour of his agent."

Firm

Guaraldi is adamant that Bologna will stand firm despite Ramirez pushing for a move to St Mary's.

Bologna remain adamant they will not release Ramirez for less than €20m.

"We spoke to the top Italian clubs about Gaston, but I have always been clear: I'd let him go only for a suitable offer, which so far has not arrived. I maintained my consistency and refused the bid," added Guaraldi.

"I am irritated because one of my players spoke as if he were already at another club, when there still isn't any agreement.

"I can understand his desire to make the move, but I do not share his timing and methods. All negotiations can collapse, which is why I consider the player's attitude to be premature.

"The club cannot be forced to follow the rules of players and agents."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Ramirez told Corriere Dello Sport: "They believe in me in every way... and above all I have said that they are going to grow. Southampton is a newly promoted team in the English top flight, but they have the means to stand tall in a few years. And with me they are going to build. It's all very stimulating. Even if it is a little strange."

The 21-year-old scored eight goals in 28 apperances in Serie A last season and revealed that he was offered a deal that was too hard to refuse.

"The truth? I think so, yes, this time," he said when asked if he was about to leave. "Bologna have reached an economic agreement with Southampton. There are only a few details to sort out, but they have found the agreement in principle, and the English club have reached an agreement with me.

"It is an offer that you cannot refuse. They will give me so much money (€2 million net per year and more than €1 million signing-on fee)."

When reading (if true) stuff like this I can't help but think the fella sounds like a mercenary with a f'ucking big head. His ability aside I can already imagine the problems we could have with this fella, and his agent.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill