Eto'o bid of 60 million euros - Reported by as

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Sabre wrote:It's obvious all europe knows who players are good. At least now, we're competing with the top clubs signing ups-wise (if what the americans say is true).

Maye that is a very very good point, we forget that previously we were buying second rate players but now we aiming a lot higher  :eyebrow
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Moosey » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:08 pm

Samuel Eto'o has issued a strong denial that he has met with Rafa Benitez and reiterated his desire to stay at Barcelona, despite continuously being linked with Liverpool and Milan.

The Cameroonian striker is reported to be becoming frustrated with the press in England and Italy repeatedly running stories that he is preparing to move clubs in the summer.

A report in England suggested that Eto'o met with Reds' boss Benitez for dinner to discuss his future on Monday, but he has stated that he was with his national team.

"It is just a huge lie," Eto'o's agent, Jose Maria Mesalles, was quoted in Sport as saying when relaying a message from the player himself.

"Eto'o was in Belgium with the Cameroon squad on Monday night.

"We do not understand why these flase stories keep appearing.

"The club knows all too well that he is very happy at Barcelona and wants to stay.

"He has a very good contract and wants to comply with that."

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....l_home&
Moosey

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:06 am

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Milan/Liverpool/club/espanol/pujan/Etoo/dasftb/20070615dasdaiftb_46/Tes/

MILÁN, LIVERPOOL AND A SPANISH  CLUB BIDDING FOR ETOO

Samuel Eto'o seems to be getting to grips with the fact that he won't be playing for Barcelona next season. Frank Rijkaard has won the struggle and what a few weeks ago seemed mere specualation, now looks like it's turning into reality. Remarks out of place, too much moaning, and confrontations with teammates seem to have tipped the scales in spite of Eto'o's goals and hard work, who is now prepared to pack his bags and decide where to play in the coming seasons.

Many clubs are interested in his services, but few can afford him. Milan, Liverpool and a Spanish club seem to have gone for broke, even Arsenal may have a chance, a club that sounded him out a couple of weeks ago.
At San Siro Eto'o would join a veteran team and would meet up with Kaka, the star of the team to defend the European crown, won in May against Liverpool. And curious enough Benitez's club dream of getting the player too. The Madrileno manager has already spoken with Eto'o who would become the flag ship of his fourth season at the helm of the Anfield outfit.
And if this wasn't enough another Spanish club seem to be tracking the Camerun player. Valencia? Real Madrid? It seems that he doesn't want to disclose anything. Whatever happens it is very unlikely that Eto'o will continue playing for Barcelona next season.

And here a swap Adriano + cash for Eto'o

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20070615/NOTICIA327024967.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:22 am

I really can't see Eto'o at Anfield next season :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:24 am

Paul C wrote:I really can't see Eto'o at Anfield next season :(

dunno mate, semi final second leg champs league we could see him  :;):
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:06 pm

NANNY RED wrote:i still say were gonna get tevez after what i heard the other day

sorry I missed your email

what did you hear???
RedWolf35

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:10 pm

he heard nothing. pure speculation
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Etoo, after saying this:

"There's some people inside the club that want me out the club"

Is more and more far away of playing in Barcelona next season. If we're going to spend the big money, that should be him. He's the Snoogy Doogy of football, not torres.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:22 pm

who the feck is snoogy doogy :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:23 pm

Sabre wrote:Etoo, after saying this:

"There's some people inside the club that want me out the club"

Is more and more far away of playing in Barcelona next season. If we're going to spend the big money, that should be him. He's the Snoogy Doogy of football, not torres.

Amen to that mate, but isn't that an old quote, he's not talking about wanting to play along side Henry for Barca next season........ Fo shizzle  :D
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:29 pm

Erm, yep, you're absolutely right.

My mistake, It's been a hectic couple of days work wise, not much time for forum or footie newspapers,  opened the Marca and AS, and saw the quote <-------------------------------------------------> this sized in fonts. I didn't even read the story, came here, and wrote it.

Then I've read the whole story and I've learnt that it was said to the Times, and the Henry bit and the fact he wants to stay no matter what this people at the club think. So quite simply, I got carried away  :D by the headline. Should have checked inside first  :;):

Anyway, in my opinion if Laporta wants him out, he'll be out. It wouldn't be the first time a player wants to stay against the will of the club, and the few ones that did that were seriously retaliated.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Sabre wrote:Erm, yep, you're absolutely right.

My mistake, It's been a hectic couple of days work wise, not much time for forum or footie newspapers,  opened the Marca and AS, and saw the quote <-------------------------------------------------> this sized in fonts. I didn't even read the story, came here, and wrote it.

Then I've read the whole story and I've learnt that it was said to the Times, and the Henry bit and the fact he wants to stay no matter what this people at the club think. So quite simply, I got carried away  :D by the headline. Should have checked inside first  :;):

Anyway, in my opinion if Laporta wants him out, he'll be out. It wouldn't be the first time a player wants to stay against the will of the club, and the few ones that did that were seriously retaliated.

Barca's loss will be our gain, if Juve and AC don't beat us to him and Rafa actual goes for him rather than Torres.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:12 pm

How many times does eto'o have to say he wants to stay and has no intention of leaving before the media believes him?
puroresu

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 pm

6374 AND 3/4 :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:59 pm

alright saber you may have to translate to us but does "i'm staying with barcelona" possibly translate as "fek it im off to liverpool on a free, in fact il pay for the transfer to go through and il buy all the fans a kitten"

hehe i can dream  :D
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill