André villas boas - Going to be our new boss according to...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Gazetto dello Sport's claim that Andre Villas-Boas has signed a pre-contract agreement with Liverpool....

the rumours are said to have come from Roma, after they approached him to take over. According to them, he said he couldn't, because he was going to liverpool.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm

posted this on the rumor of the day thread :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:27 pm

metalhead wrote:posted this on the rumor of the day thread :D

b@stard  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Marcotti Gabriele Marcotti
Plenty asking about Gazzetta dello Sport line about Villas Boas + pre-contract with Liverpool. Will do my best to sort through it.

Gazzetta reported Villas Boas/LFC in context of story about Roma's future. Said Baldini went to see Villas Boas and talked abt Roma job...

According to Gazzetta, Villas Boas interested initially, then said had pre-contract agreement with LFC. Couple of things to bear in mind...

1. Baldini still works for the English FA, not Roma. And new owners have not yet taken over club. So if I was Villas Boas, I'd keep cards...

...close to chest, wouldn't go so far as to tell Baldini I've committed to LFC. 2. According to story, VB told Baldini that Mourinho had...

...told VB that "he wasn't ready for Italy". Could be VB's way of politely turning down Roma. Could be untrue. Doesn't sound like...

...something VB wd use as an excuse. He's keen to show he's his own man, wouldn't hide behind JM's opinion (based on what I've been told...

...by those who know VB). 3. Some of the other stuff in the story- which is mostly speculative -is patently untrue from what I've been told.

Doesn't mean VB line is wrong, of course, but does suggest source may have told journo stuff to serve his purposes. 4. Story also damaging..

to Baldini. After all, basically says he's working for Roma or Tom Di Benedetto when, officially, he's not (or isnt' supposed to). This...

...suggests to me source of story might be somebody trying to depict Baldini in a bad light. And if meeting was between Baldini + VB, how...

...wd source know what was said? That said, IMO, VB wd be progressive, smart choice for LFC when Dalglish goes.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:38 pm

interesting rumour tho, and having boas in charge with Kenny upstairs would be a great way forward.

Not slagging off Kenny, but just think this would fit with NESV's approach to young talent.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Hmmmmmmmm.
Dunno about this. None of the players know him from Adam. He has no experience of the PL. It's a big risk..........of course, if any of it is true :p
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:45 pm

he's younger than carra :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Would be a good choice imo. A young dynamic manager looking for a real crack at the big time.

And no this does not mean I want Kenny out end of season, just saying if Kenny stepped aside on his own and VB was appointed I would be happy.
Last edited by tubby on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Im really surprised that fans are not desperate for Kenny to stay, he's done an amazing since coming in.  6 wins out of 11 PL games is not bad considering our squad.

The other lad sounds decent but he'll be torn apart if he gets the job and doesnt do well.  (and i doubt kenny would be happy if they asked him back temporarily again)
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Some info from the web

Luís André de Pina Cabral de Villas-Boas (born 17 October 1977 in Porto)[1] is a Portuguese football manager currently managing FC Porto.

He is regarded as unique in the sense that he has no football playing experience, became a coach of a major club with very little head coaching experience, and achieved this role at a very young age.[2] He is currently the youngest football manager in the Portuguese league.

After starting at a very young age on several positions in F.C. Porto's observation department under the guidance of then manager Bobby Robson, who hired him because of his fluent knowledge of English, he achieved his UEFA C coaching licence as a minor at the age of 17 in Scotland. He then had a short stint as head coach of the British Virgin Islands national football team at the age of 21,[3][4] before he moved onto a career as an assistant under the management of José Mourinho at Porto. As Mourinho moved clubs to Chelsea and Internazionale, Villas-Boas followed suit.[4]

At the start of the 2009–10 season, he abandoned Mourinho's staff to pursue a career as manager, and he soon found a job at Portuguese Liga's Académica filling a vacancy created by Rogério Gonçalves' resignation in October 2009.[4][5] At the time of Villas-Boas' appointment, Académica were at the bottom of the league and still without wins, but their luck started to change as he introduced a new style, leading them to a safe eleventh place, 10 points clear from relegation. In addition to that, Académica also reached the 2009–10 Portuguese League Cup semi-finals, losing against Porto at Estádio do Dragão with a late goal from Mariano González. His impact at Académica was immediate, not only because of solid results, but also because of the attractive football displayed by the team, which led to intense media speculation linking him with the vacant job at Sporting Clube de Portugal after the departure of Carlos Carvalhal in the summer of 2010.

When Jesualdo Ferreira left F.C. Porto, his name was also linked with the job at Estádio do Dragão, and Villas-Boas was finally announced as their new manager on 2 June 2010, having been presented on 4 June.[4] On 7 August 2010, he won his first trophy when Porto beat Benfica 2–0 in the Portuguese Supercup.[6]

On 19 December 2010, Villas-Boas set the club record at 36 for the most matches across all competitions unbeaten, a record previously held by José Mourinho at 33 matches.[7] Part of this streak was completed by the previous coach of FC Porto, Jesualdo Ferreira. On 17 March 2011, FC Porto completed 10 wins in Europe by knocking out CSKA Moscow in the round of 16 of the Europa League.[8] This is a record for the most wins in Europe in one season by a Portuguese club.[9]

On 3 April 2011, Villas-Boas won his first Primeira Liga, five rounds before the end, by defeating S.L. Benfica away at Estádio da Luz in Lisbon[10], becoming the third youngest coach to win it, only behind Mihály Sistka (1938/39) and Juca (1961/62). It is the second time that F.C.Porto won the Portuguese league by beating its rival at its home soil, the first time being 71 years ago, in the 1939/1940 season when F.C.Porto clinched the title by defeating Benfica at the Estádio das Amoreiras.

Villas-Boas' paternal grandmother, deceased in 2007, was English (with the exception of a Portuguese great-great-grandmother), though born in Porto, Lordelo do Ouro, whose father's family was already established in Portugal, and whose mother moved from her native Cheadle, Metropolitan Borough of Stockport, to Guimarães in the early 1900s. As a result, Villas-Boas speaks 'flawless English'.[3] He has been married since 2004 to Joana Teixeira, and has two daughters.[11]
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby parchpea » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:01 pm

When Dalglish was appointed first time around he was very young and it was a shock back then him being given the job. It was a ground breaking move really but he had all the assistance in the world from the old heads around him and I would like to see Dalglish employed in a similar role to help a lad like Boas if he comes in. If hes true to his word then he would accept those arrangements. I do smell a rat that hes not been given a contract already and they may have other plans for manager.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:51 pm

some of you lot must be goin soft in the head if you'd bin kenny in favour of a relative unknown
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Woollyback wrote:some of you lot must be goin soft in the head if you'd bin kenny in favour of a relative unknown

what he said.
haps

Postby haps » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm

not that he';s 'unknown' I hasten to add .. just very young and inexperienced and not ready for the EPL and Liverpool.  He's got talent though.  Can't dent that.
haps

Postby haps » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm

or even deny that.
haps

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill