Your Premier League Team of the Year 2013

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:55 pm

who has impressed you most this season and deserves a spot in your team of the year ?
mine is

Image    always reliable but he's been excellent this year and has helped the bitters to many a clean sheet and 3 points.

Image have a bit of fondness for this lad as he's irish but this year he has really put himself out there and shown what an exceptional fullback he is. id absolutely love it if we signed him

Image without a doubt he's been outstanding this year in both his personal level and value to the team. absolute monster

Image have seen him make some great tackles, interceptions and blocks this season when needed. great vocal presence and organisation skills have really impressed me. (in truth i just hate john terry)

Image this lad for me has the smarts along with the ability to be a top top player. his pace is absolutely frightening and he can defend. a dream would be having him and coleman running the flanks in our system.

Image  there was a few games early season where he wasnt at the races but he's quality and his influence since has been there for all to see. truly a great player and captain

Image he will make everyone's team im sure because he is just awesome

Image been impressed with him ever since he came to the prem and again he delivers. such an intelligent player with bags of speed.

Image this was a close one between him and ramsey for me. both have equally impressed but have to admit ive become a big fan of adam this year and think he would also make a great aquisition to the team.

Image wow just fookin wow is all i can say for his contribution this season, his goals, his attitude and his influence on the others throughout the side is just immense. absolute genius

Image he's came here with a lot to prove and not just to us and he's been banging them in since he walked in the door and has hit 20 this season with 3 to go. for me that answers a lot of the criticism that's aimed his way.

Image where he has brought us and in the time taken to do it has just been phenomenal  :bowdown  some of the football we have produced this year has been sublime and up there with the best, he has also restored anfield to the fortress it was and given us one hell of a season to be proud of.

if you's want to add a bit of fun and a way to score your team you can add the total goals scored. mine = 117 as of week 35  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:55 am

I would have to go with terry and cahill in centre of defence as much as it pains me to do.

Marshall
               Coleman                  Terry                   Cahill               Shaw
                                                      Gerrard
                                      Lallana                    Hazzard
                                   Suarez        Sturridge           Sterling
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:41 am

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:55 pm wrote:who has impressed you most this season and deserves a spot in your team of the year ?
mine is

Image    always reliable but he's been excellent this year and has helped the bitters to many a clean sheet and 3 points.

Image have a bit of fondness for this lad as he's irish but this year he has really put himself out there and shown what an exceptional fullback he is. id absolutely love it if we signed him

Image without a doubt he's been outstanding this year in both his personal level and value to the team. absolute monster

Image have seen him make some great tackles, interceptions and blocks this season when needed. great vocal presence and organisation skills have really impressed me. (in truth i just hate john terry)

Image this lad for me has the smarts along with the ability to be a top top player. his pace is absolutely frightening and he can defend. a dream would be having him and coleman running the flanks in our system.

Image  there was a few games early season where he wasnt at the races but he's quality and his influence since has been there for all to see. truly a great player and captain

Image he will make everyone's team im sure because he is just awesome

Image been impressed with him ever since he came to the prem and again he delivers. such an intelligent player with bags of speed.

Image this was a close one between him and ramsey for me. both have equally impressed but have to admit ive become a big fan of adam this year and think he would also make a great aquisition to the team.

Image wow just fookin wow is all i can say for his contribution this season, his goals, his attitude and his influence on the others throughout the side is just immense. absolute genius

Image he's came here with a lot to prove and not just to us and he's been banging them in since he walked in the door and has hit 20 this season with 3 to go. for me that answers a lot of the criticism that's aimed his way.

Image where he has brought us and in the time taken to do it has just been phenomenal  :bowdown  some of the football we have produced this year has been sublime and up there with the best, he has also restored anfield to the fortress it was and given us one hell of a season to be proud of.

if you's want to add a bit of fun and a way to score your team you can add the total goals scored. mine = 117 as of week 35  :D

Very close to mine.

I would have swapped Distin for Terry.

And would have opted for Ramsey over Lallana.

From the Liverpool perspective - Skrtel, Gerrard, Sturridge and Suarez have been largely unstoppable. What a season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:49 am

Here is mine, i am trying not to show to much favouritism of course  :grinning:

Keeper : David Marshall (Cardiff)

Right back : Seamus Coleman (Everton)

Centre back : Martin Skrtel (Liverpool)

Centre back : John Terry (Chelsea)

Left back : Luke Shaw (Southampton)

Right midfield : Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)

Centre midfield : Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Centre midfiled : Yaya Toure (Man City)

Left midfield : Eden Hazard (Chelsea)

Striker : Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool)

Striker : Luis Suarez (Liverpool)

Manager : Brendan Rogers (Liverpool)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:39 am

GK - Begovic all day. Looks like he's stepped up another level this season and performs superbly in every game. World class keeper.

RB - Zabaleta. Coleman and Sagna started the season superbly but both have faded badly recently. Zabaleta offers quality and consistency.
CB - Terry. Had an outstanding season, one of his best and has been a rock for Chelsea.
CB - Kompany. Class personified.
LB - Kolorov. His delivery and ability and ability to get forward is unreal. Shaw has ran him close. Baines has also had a good season.

CM - Gerrard. The liability has been one of our best performers this season... who would have thought that? Gerrard one of Liverpool's best players?
CM - Toure. Second best player in the league. Pure and utter brilliance, has the lot.
CM - Silva - The lad is pure class. His movement, passing, vision and quality is frightening at times.

LW - Hazard. Top player, he's got pace, skill and composure. Needs to add more goals to his game but is certainly up there with the best in the league.
RW - Sterling. Since November has been one of the main reasons Liverpool are in the position where they are. He's scored, created, tacked and ran his balls off. Not to mention terrorising people with quick clever passes and intelligent runs.
Suarez - Best player in the world for me bar none!

Manager of the year, Rodgers all day. To do what he's done this season with what he has and forcing the best player in the world to stay here was a masterstroke.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Goalkeeper:
- Marshall

Defense:
- Coleman
- Terry
- Skrtel

Midfield:
- Gerrard
- Y. Toure