Utd this season

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Agree with you Stu.

Also think Fergie was quite selfish in his last few seasons.  He should've started rebuilding with younger players instead of spending over 20mil on Van Persie who was 29 at the time.  With that money he could have started replacing the likes of Ferdinand and Evra or tried to get a decent central mid. 

Van Persie's signing won Utd and Fergie the league but in the long term it set them back imo.  Now Van Persie is frustrated at the rubbish supplying him and the fact Fergie left and rumour is he wants out :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Moyes basically has to play with mostly aging players while the rest are average at best that only Fergie knew how to manage. Moyes is far from the right man for the job but it ain't all his fault.

Can't see him turning things around for them now, and with the damage already being done, I can't see them coming back in the mix for the title for at least a year or two even if they sacked Moyes right now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:01 am

The Rooney contract tells us everything about them at this point.

Absolutely desperate, and if Rooney is paying his agent anything less than half of the £300k he earning
then hes underpaid as his player value is £150k max on performance.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:16 pm

A 3-0 away win for them is a decent result given their recent form. You don't want them to be completely hopeless anyway as the board will just sack Moyes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:24 pm

No doubt we'll see the usual smiles of relief on Moyes' face. He'll declare this a great victory and claim they've turned a corner and march on from this.

The tone of his interviews are crazy. All this talk of how good times will come again, United will be a force again. It's like he's accepted they're sh*t now and by putting his arm around the "loyal fans" he's trying to get the fans and board to agree. Rebuilding, it'll take time...

I repeat: they won the flippin' league last year, had a nice fat transfer kitty and were in all competitions. Why are they rebuilding again?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Come on Lee start a United match thread, everyone I've started we've had no luck (Arsenal away (in the league), Newcastle away, Chelsea away, Arsenal away (in the cup))
I don't want to jinx us by starting one  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:03 pm

done !
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 pm

class  :laugh:

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 am

Putting the gloating aside which is really difficult  :eyebrow

Like BR I was amazed that Moyes announced that we were the favourites before a game at OT

Quite insight into the mindset of manager
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:18 am

Saw those banners. I bet they hurt moyes. I loved it.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:23 pm

The Scum are making some good signings.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:58 pm

They've signed three very good players so far. They might be just a quality striker away from being title contenders.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Yeah even if De Gea goes when you look at their team on paper it's starting to look pretty impressive - Valdez, Rooney, Schweinsteiger, DiMaria, Depay, Mata etc etc
If they add Ramos to that lot you'd have to say they would join Chelsea and City as nailed on to finish in the top 4.

Edit - they've signed Schneiderlin from Southampton too, he'll give that shaky defence of theirs good protection.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:05 am

Dont think they have a good striker tbh but their midfield is probably looking at being the strongest

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:41 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:Dont think they have a good striker tbh but their midfield is probably looking at being the strongest

Dont have a good backup striker you mean ? surely you're not saying Rooney isnt a good striker. Not much between him and Aguero and imo. The 2 best strikers in the league; play them both in their positions for a full season and you have 20+ league goals in the bag from them. They do need a backup and I wouldnt rule them going after a big name out just yet. They let Persie go for a reason and my guess is that they already have someone lined up.

They have decent CBs but should still be looking to improve there. Losing De Gea would be a big blow though.

When it comes to midfield, I think their latest signings give them the best midfield in the world in club football.

CMs: Carrick, Schweinsteiger (Blind, Schneiderlin, Herrera)
AMs: Di Maria, Mata, Depay (Young, Januzaj, Valencia, Fellaini)

If they can add Ramos and a backup CF, they'll have the best squad in the league imo.

I'm more worried about Arsenal to be honest who -realistically- are the most likely to finish 4th next season. They have added Cech and I think with one or two additions they drift further away from us and closer to the likes of Utd, City & Chelsea.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion