Utd this season

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:24 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:40 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:53 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:04 pm wrote:We should petition to the United board to keep him in his job, but they'd probably think we were taking the p*ss. How could we make it clear we're serious?

There, I just started one. Nothing great, but well I tried to present some positive arguments :D

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dont-sack-moyes

no messing with you fella  :laugh:

Love it :D

Everton won at OT for the first time in 21 years too. Not sure how that would sit, but it's still a remarkable achievement for Moyes.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ethanr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Seriously, when fergie was retiring I was always saying I feel he will pick somebody that will not be able to achieve what he has achieved. fergie has probably the second biggest footballing ego behind mourinho. He always loved talking about what "I've" done, not what united did or the team did, but what he did himself. He left right at the time he knew the club was going to begin to plummet as age took over and other clubs started spending silly money on transfers, and he put a manager in that was good for a club like Everton (so it's understandable that he was chosen), but not good enough to lead a "top club." There were so many other managers available that were much better qualified and would have gladly came to united, but he chose Moyes instead.

Call it bull Sh*t, call it a conspiracy, call it want you want, but fergie wanted to be idolized for the rest of his life, and in my opinion he knew EXACTLY what he was doing when it came to the timing of him retiring, and the incoming manager.

Long may the decline continue! If no champions league happens and they actually spend silly money, United will be in deep Sh*t, very soon.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:09 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:53 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:04 pm wrote:We should petition to the United board to keep him in his job, but they'd probably think we were taking the p*ss. How could we make it clear we're serious?

There, I just started one. Nothing great, but well I tried to present some positive arguments :D

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dont-sack-moyes

:laugh:

If we promote this right we might get a good amount of signatures :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:54 am

Shall we try? Would be hilarious if we actually hit the target.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:03 pm

Do it!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:52 pm

It's worth a shot :D.

Come on twitter and facebook people, promote it! :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Tibbers » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:17 am

woof woof ! » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:30 am wrote:.    Moyes's record-breaking season

.    United lose to Olympiakos for the first time after winning the four previous meetings
.    Stoke earn first win over Man Utd since 1984
.    Swansea win at Old Trafford for the first time
.    Newcastle win at Man Utd for first time since 1972
.    Everton achieve same feat for first time since 1992
.    West Brom win at Old Trafford for first time since 1978

:laugh:

from Red Cafe, one of the Man U "fan" forums.

I'd take benitez over Moyes - that's how desperate I am in wanting Moyes out

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

DAVID MOYES indeed made history for himself! hahahaha! ROFL!
Tibbers
LFC Basic Member

Postby HistoryGirl » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:08 pm

I thought this would generate some discussion glad it has. Hope their decline continues.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:41 am

Because they had a manager for over two decades they will be duped into the belief that stability is the key to success, just as
we did with the boot room generation, and then players from their era.

Doubt Moyes will survive until this time next year, but hopefully they will fall into the same traps as we did and hold on to managers
that will clearly never take them back to former glory, and in turn fall further behind one poor transfer window after another.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 am

I don't get all the patience talk. Man U won the title last year. The right manager would have come in and hit the ground running. He'd have been assertive and decisive in the transfer market, and would have achieved a CL spot at the very, very least. Whiskey Nose had years to build them up. Moyes shouldn't be building, he should be carrying on the baton. If they needed an excuse to sack him, it'd be that. Let's hope they don't look at that perspective.
RedAnt

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Arrogance of Utd fans, I don't even think they will make the Europa league  :laugh:
http://talksport.com/football/were-too-big-europa-league-man-united-fan-calls-talksport-14030381740
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:01 pm

RedAnt » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:12 am wrote:I don't get all the patience talk. Man U won the title last year. The right manager would have come in and hit the ground running. He'd have been assertive and decisive in the transfer market, and would have achieved a CL spot at the very, very least. Whiskey Nose had years to build them up. Moyes shouldn't be building, he should be carrying on the baton. If they needed an excuse to sack him, it'd be that. Let's hope they don't look at that perspective.

thats quite true, if Mourinho had taken over at Man.utd I dare to bet that they would be either top or at least second right now, but they're not so fuk em the low life turds.  :wwww
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:48 am

Patience can be a good thing in football if there is something to be patient with.
Under Moyes though, I don't see what they can be optimistic about.

The results have been poor.
The football is absolutely desperate to watch.
He has stone-age training methods.
Spent 70M on 2 players that haven't made much difference. 

But its all ok because they have a few new hi tech monitors and a few white boards  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Moyes has written a lovely, butt-kissing letter to the scum fans in which he thanks "the best fans in the world for their loyalty and patience. He apparently didn't "envisage" it being this difficult.

I knew he was playing Champ Manager! I'm suprised he's not tried to "add a manager" to Real and sold himself Ronaldo in part-ex for Cleverly and £1000 :D
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Two world class strikers and he can't get them to score a goal! :D

Love it.

To be fair, he wasn't left the best of sides to deal with, but the way he has them playing is shocking. The shape of the team is like something from the middle ages, the centre midfielders NEVER get ahead of the ball, the forwards are required to track full backs and they're obsessed with trying to over load the wide area's and get crosses into the box instead of playing the ball on the floor, through the middle and basing it on a possession and counter attacking mix.

You couldn't make it up in all honesty.

He's completely destroying the team shape and balance and its absolutely fantastic (for us) to watch. Long may it continue...

Keep Moyes employed :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion