Torres - Rent Boy - What now

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 pm

I guess it all depends on his own vision of "success"

He has won everything at club level and internationally ( bar a league title ) but will it be tinged with a bit of disappointment that he really didnt contribute to a lot of them recently ?

I guess he got what he was looking for when he left
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:56 am

He contributed plenty.

He sold a lot of shirts when he first signed which helps Chelsea from a FFP standpoint.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 am

:D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:06 am

woof woof ! » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:33 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 pm wrote:He's had a weird career to say the least!  Hero at Athletico and Liverpool, yet never won a single trophy. 
Not really loved much by anyone these days yet he's racked up some serious trophies.  2 Euro's, 1 World Cup, Champions league, FA Cup and Europa League.  Not bad.

Still hate him though  :D

Never read his first book "El Nino..My Story"

But I'd deffo be interested in reading "part two" if it ever comes out .

Let's face it , after leaving Liverpool despite joining a "successful " club in terms of individual achievement for Torres in was all downhill.

Sure there was loads of money in the bank but I wonder if he maybe looks back and thinks he made a massive mistake.

He'll kid himself it was all worth it, but deep down the lad knows the truth: he left a club where he was idolised and joined a bunch of classless tw@ts who treated him like one of their plastic flags to be waved around. He's been booed, jeered by the chavs more than Rafa, He knows he f**ked up. He also knows he's half the player he was in a red shirt.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:26 am

You make the assumption he's sophisticated enough to consider that. I don't consider Torres to be any more educated nor sophisticated that Gazza, Roy Keane or Nicolas Anelka. Money impresses them as does bling and easy shags. I expect he'll only properly understand what happened during his career well after retirement. And considering he won't be happy with the truth, he might remain in denial and simply be satisfied how he came from a working class family and made a fortune due to his own efforts. I would ask one simple question 'Nando, when did your career peak?' and see how he reacts.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:52 am

Reg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:26 am wrote:You make the assumption he's sophisticated enough to consider that. I don't consider Torres to be any more educated nor sophisticated that Gazza, Roy Keane or Nicolas Anelka. Money impresses them as does bling and easy shags. I expect he'll only properly understand what happened during his career well after retirement. And considering he won't be happy with the truth, he might remain in denial and simply be satisfied how he came from a working class family and made a fortune due to his own efforts. I would ask one simple question 'Nando, when did your career peak?' and see how he reacts.

I'm not so sure Reg, there's been enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that he regrets his move away from Liverpool. On more than one occasion there have been press reports alluding to his changing room conversation regarding wanting to return to Liverpool/regretting leaving Liverpool.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:23 pm

He looked good against Spurs, but the lad really is a bell-end. He was unlucky with his second yellow, but shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway after letting rip with his claws. He still has plenty to offer though.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:19 am

Torres's scratch on the Totsh1te player, that's one of the funniest things I've seen in the EPL, especially when it's  shown in slow motion - the eye contact and the look on Torres's face as if saying, you b1t(h.......

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedAnt » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 am

Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:19 am wrote:Torres's scratch on the Totsh1te player, that's one of the funniest things I've seen in the EPL, especially when it's  shown in slow motion - the eye contact and the look on Torres's face as if saying, you b1t(h.......

Yeah. Easy tiger! Mraoooow! :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Such a talent but he wasted it. That attack on Vertonghen yesterday was just pathetic. WTF was he at? "Almost" as bad as our own little gnasher.
When Torres is up for it - like he was in flashes yesterday - very few can deal with him...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:59 am

Well he didn't get any punishment for being a bad little kitty but then  crocks in his knee in CL,

Karma a bitch sometimes
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:50 pm

FA is corrupt. Suarez would've got a 10 match ban. fuking disgrace.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:30 pm

^ exactly
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Peter Schmeical pointed that out on MOTD 2. If that was Suarez people would have been crying out for another ten match ban, and don't think the matter being seen during the match bs would have made a difference. Suarez would have got a lengthy ban, everyone else is fine.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 am

poor old Nando...Chelsea fans are now describing him as their WORST striker since Chris Sutton and Tony Hately.

Looks like he'll be loaned out now until his contract ends...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion