Torres - Rent Boy - What now

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:12 am

At the risk of repeating myself, I would take him back. Absolutely. We need a player like him. Can't see it happening but I'm sayin' it anyway...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby The Raven » Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 am

I think Torres might be from brazil. They all seem to fall apart by 27.

He needs to look in mirror and work out that Drogba was and is better than him hence why he didnt play. Simple Nando your just not that good anymore.

Would i have him back? NO hes lost something not quite sure what it is but hes just not the same player anymore. Move on people.
The Raven

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:49 pm

How do you guys reckon he feels now?

In the space of 4 years he has won 2 European Championships, a world cup, an FA Cup and a Champions League. 
But he's hardly contributed a whole lot to either campaign.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Not really arsed how he feels, at the end of the day he's just another name that will fade into our history because of the way he screwed the club over.

I just take some small pleasure in knowing that of the five trophies he has won in the last few years just one of them have been won because of him and that was when he was still at Anfield.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 pm

It pains me to say it ,but Torres has all the hallmarks of a player about to explode into the scintillating form he showed for the reds .... On a much brighter
note Suarez's current form looks like he might just leave him in the shade .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 pm wrote:It pains me to say it ,but Torres has all the hallmarks of a player about to explode into the scintillating form he showed for the reds .... On a much brighter
note Suarez's current form looks like he might just leave him in the shade .

no doubt he will be on fire next season and it will be hard to watch him enjoying football again tbh.
the only fear i have about suarez is burn out,he's hardly had a rest in the last 2 years.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 pm

to be fair to torres he did the business for us while he was here, he got to 50 goals quicker than any other player in this clubs 120 year history and that takes some doing, not only did he beat the likes of hunt, rush, keegan, dalglish, aldridge, fowler, st john, toshack, billy liddell etc he also got to 50 quicker than the old timers like hodgson and stubbins who played in an era when 5-2 and 6-4 were common scores.
i dont think he is the same player that he was (imo he`d lost a yard of pace around the time of the world cup when he was still a liverpool player) so i wouldnt want him back but in terms of his career here in the future when the bitterness surrounding his departure has worn off i reckon liverpool fans will be quite phlegmatic about him, he came here, did the business and we got £50m for him, thats not bad business by the club.
he`ll go down in our history books as a great signing by rafa benitez.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:34 pm

it's all gone wrong for Torres now....Chelsea fans are booing him when his name is announced and when he touches the ball  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm wrote:it's all gone wrong for Torres now....Chelsea fans are booing him when his name is announced and when he touches the ball  :laugh:

he`s been on a decent scoring run recently too!
i think the chelsea fans are getting a bit fed up of hearing about how he`d rather be at liverpool.
first there was that quote from zola in the press from a few weeks ago (`he has good spirit, but he doesnt love chelsea, you can buy his services but you can never buy his love for liverpool) and now at the weekend the papers were full of stories about him telling the chelsea dressing room that he wished he was back at liverpool.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 am

7_Kewell » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm wrote:it's all gone wrong for Torres now....Chelsea fans are booing him when his name is announced and when he touches the ball  :laugh:

Feck it, show the Chavs that doctored video from a few years back of Downing chipping balls into a bin, and do a swap deal for El Niño :)
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 pm

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 pm

http://sport.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/fernando-torres-clobbered-by-bookies

:D  :D This is pretty good -

Just as Fernando Torres’ wretched season looked like it couldn’t get any worse, bookmakers Paddy Power have put up a poster overlooking Stamford Bridge which has a pop at the misfiring striker.

The offending (or highly amusing - delete where applicable) billboard features a picture of a beef burger, accompanied by the slogan  "FERNANDO - We've got an onion bag you can actually find. It's in the burger van mate. Get your hair net on."

According to Daily Mail columnist Charles Sale, the poster “infuriated” Chelsea, who "failed in attempts to have the offending poster taken down on image rights grounds because it is not situated on their property”.

The Torres advert is the latest in a series of '2nd Jobs For Subs' posters poking fun at Premier League players.

Out-of-favour Andrey Arshavin is featured in one positioned outside Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium which reads: “ANDREI...we’ve got somewhere you can really put a shift in...Block D toilets. What’s Russian for plunger?”

QPR's Jose Bosingwa has also come in for similar treatment, while previous stunts by Paddy Power include getting Nicklas Bendtner to wear a pair of green Y-fronts bearing the bookies’ name, which he displayed after scoring for Denmark at Euro 2012.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 am

saw that....pmsl !
bunglemark2

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 pm

He's had a weird career to say the least!  Hero at Athletico and Liverpool, yet never won a single trophy. 
Not really loved much by anyone these days yet he's racked up some serious trophies.  2 Euro's, 1 World Cup, Champions league, FA Cup and Europa League.  Not bad.

Still hate him though  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:33 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 pm wrote:He's had a weird career to say the least!  Hero at Athletico and Liverpool, yet never won a single trophy. 
Not really loved much by anyone these days yet he's racked up some serious trophies.  2 Euro's, 1 World Cup, Champions league, FA Cup and Europa League.  Not bad.

Still hate him though  :D

Never read his first book "El Nino..My Story"

But I'd deffo be interested in reading "part two" if it ever comes out .

Let's face it , after leaving Liverpool despite joining a "successful " club in terms of individual achievement for Torres in was all downhill.

Sure there was loads of money in the bank but I wonder if he maybe looks back and thinks he made a massive mistake.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion